More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:22:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2152303 times)
JaneCrayon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #825 on: 2010 November 23, 16:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there new new bonus items for buying Simpoints, or I'm just full of halucinogen?
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #826 on: 2010 November 24, 19:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is another new free set JCP Teen - the other JCP set had adult and young adult clothes in - this is the teen version of that file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9fpc8bnta020ipy

I took the time to extract and examine this, and its the same old file. Only 1 item in there is for teens, just like the first version of that file.

@JaneCrayon, they've been posted in the download thread already.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #827 on: 2010 November 25, 04:05:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

anyone have a non decrapifed version of the Barnacle Bay world file they are willing to upload?  I want to try this http://nene.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=416989 using a clean version of the world

Edit:  Thanks Moryrie
« Last Edit: 2010 November 25, 14:57:22 by knightguy » Logged

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #828 on: 2010 December 02, 02:55:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is always wise to check the download thread before buying something. This has already been posted.

evilragdoll
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: 2010 December 02, 03:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is always wise to check the download thread before buying something. This has already been posted.

I was going to buy more simpoints anyway, just wanted to share the gift.
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #830 on: 2010 December 02, 19:40:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moryrie  could you please re-upload to something besides mediafire?  I can't seem past "Processing download request..." no matter how many times I refresh the page  Angry

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: 2010 December 02, 20:03:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hooray! More crappy EA hairstyles! Looks like my Neighborhood of Bad Haircuts and Poorly Tailored Clothings will be welcoming some new additions soon...

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #832 on: 2010 December 02, 21:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hooray! More crappy EA hairstyles! Looks like my Neighborhood of Bad Haircuts and Poorly Tailored Clothings will be welcoming some new additions soon...

That Men's style is supposed to be "bedhead", right? Am I right in assuming that?

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #833 on: 2010 December 03, 04:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone please re-upload BoudoirFullSet.Sims3Pack to somewhere other then mediafire?  Undecided

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #834 on: 2010 December 03, 04:10:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the sake of simplicity (Since the Store Downloads thread is an absolute mess and impossible to navigate for the first 10 pages), here's a link to a demonoid torrent of EVERY STORE UPDATE UP TO NOVEMBER separated by month, in package format. Files are named like this:

Sims 3 Store Update 01 - June 2009.package
Sims 3 Store Update 02 - July 2009.package
Etc

Very simple system, very easy to tell what you have and don't have. Files are NOT in a zip file, so you can download individual files that you need.

http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/2441884/16887936/

Download this and Panama Crew's " December2010.package" and you'll have the entire store from start to finish. The torrent does include a file list that implies that gifts and registration items are indeed included.
« Last Edit: 2010 December 03, 19:33:56 by Claeric » Logged
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: 2010 December 04, 23:24:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the sake of simplicity (Since the Store Downloads thread is an absolute mess and impossible to navigate for the first 10 pages), here's a link to a demonoid torrent of EVERY STORE UPDATE UP TO NOVEMBER separated by month, in package format. Files are named like this:

Sims 3 Store Update 01 - June 2009.package
Sims 3 Store Update 02 - July 2009.package
Etc

Very simple system, very easy to tell what you have and don't have. Files are NOT in a zip file, so you can download individual files that you need.

http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/2441884/16887936/

Download this and Panama Crew's " December2010.package" and you'll have the entire store from start to finish. The torrent does include a file list that implies that gifts and registration items are indeed included.

Or you know, you could just look for Moryrie's posts as she consistently uploads an updated entire set in .package format when new updates come out.

Although I will say Witchypoofs, it would be awesome if Moryrie's posts of her stuff could have its own thread that she can update as she sees fit, given how awesome her megapack is.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #836 on: 2010 December 05, 00:24:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moyrie's set is not nearly as convenient as a monthly set, complete with a list of what each package includes.

Moyrie's set does not tell you what is in which package, the package naming system (by his/her own admission) is senseless now and things have been mixed into the wrong packages, etc. As well, you don't have to regularly overwrite these packages, meaning you don't have to waste time/bandwidth redownloading the same information over and over again.

There are more packages than Moyrie's system, but they're also clearly much more convenient.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #837 on: 2010 December 05, 00:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^I'm a SHE. And could you PLEASE spell my name right?

There are two advantages to my system. A- Fewer Packages. (IE, you have more room for stuff of your own.) And the fact that I edit some of the clothing categories so it makes sense. I can't do the 'fewer packages' thing, unless I also do the overwrite thing. I don't care if you use my system or not, but at least realize why its different from what you're now plugging.

Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #838 on: 2010 December 05, 01:23:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^I'm a SHE. And could you PLEASE spell my name right?

There are two advantages to my system. A- Fewer Packages. (IE, you have more room for stuff of your own.) And the fact that I edit some of the clothing categories so it makes sense. I can't do the 'fewer packages' thing, unless I also do the overwrite thing. I don't care if you use my system or not, but at least realize why its different from what you're now plugging.

Moryrie, I wouldn't waste your breath OR take it personally. Claeric has proved that it has issues both with women and with anything created by others that gets more attention than something it either advocates or has made itself.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #839 on: 2010 December 05, 02:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand the differences. I am simply presenting the idea that it's a lot easier to know what you've got with the month system (Since yours is cluttered and not organized anyway, as you've stated) and that you don't have to spend time redownloading the same information each and every time there's an update (I fully understand that it's an "addition"/overwrite system, that does not change the fact that for a 50mb update to one of your files, someone has to redownload the entire thing again, which is a waste of time and bandwidth- however little extra bandwidth it might be).

Although I have to ask, how does fewer packages = more space? You're not limited to the number of files you put in your mods folder...

I'm not discounting your system. I'm sure lots of people like it (although I will note that I think a big reason for that would be that the download thread is a complete fucking mess of downloads and it's impossible to find anything, and your system keeps it in one post every month or so), I'm just proposing this alternative that is, quite frankly, a lot easier. One link, one download, and you've got the entire store and don't have to redownload any of it on a regular basis.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #840 on: 2010 December 05, 04:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Incorrect. You do not want more than 100 packages in your mods folder. If there was no need to limit how many packages you had, there would be no reason to merge files to begin with.

Sure, my naming system is off for now, but for sake of 'making the names match' would it have been better to make people download multiple files each month, since you're so hyped up about bandwidth? I also haven't decided to rename them to something more appropriate because then they wouldn't overwrite correctly. I could start over from scratch, but I don't think people would like that at this point.

How organized does 'Everything in the store but a select few items that I will gladly tell you the identities of*,  have to be anyway for people who actually want all of the store? Its all the store and promo items, except what I've listed that I don't want to add into my packages. Its EASIER to list the exceptions. If someone wants specific items or sets, its easier for them to ignore my system completely and do something else. I don't think people who only want a few specific items will want YOUR method either.

Finally, this was originally for people who don't know how to merge packages on their own, or are unable to, or too lazy to do so, who knew about the monthly system (in fact this was something that someone requested, that I uploaded because I had already been doing for myself), but didn't like the monthly system, because there were too many packages (or too much clutter...) and they were confused by the package merging stuff. And the download section isn't that messy. The first post has everything but the newest update. The newest update is on the last page in several formats. What is there to be confused about?

*(Christmas Stockings (removed because they're borked, and mess up a more useful item), Sponge shirts, Orange shirts, Fanta Shirt, T Mobile Shirts, Dr. Pepper shirts, All the Live Nation Crap, JC Penny Duplicates, Toyota Pack Duplicates (Since you don't need them with the Renault set))'
« Last Edit: 2011 March 14, 23:36:48 by Moryrie » Logged

shalunyturns
Asinine Airhead

Anecdone!

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: 2010 December 09, 06:29:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the Barnacle Bay and the Buccaneer Set from this site and when I click on them to install I get "Installation Failed: Please make sure your game has the latest Software Updates and try again."

My Question is how do I bypass this because I have NO intention of downloading the latest patch yet because, 1: I do not have Late Night and, 2: The Patch renders some of my mods useless and I don't want to play without them, 3: I've read the updates/fixes the new patch brings and with some of them, I either could care less about it or they could be easily avoided (like not playing the fire fighter career!)

I downloaded this "Custom Launcher with Package Management" from granthes over at ModTheSims thinking it would help me but the thing is...uhh...well...um...ehh...Huh

My Game is updated to 4.5 version so I have WA and AMB, but no Stuffshits...

If any one could help me it would be really appreciated Thanx!

Marvin the Martian-"Oh goody! My illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator." Vivi Ornitier- "No more. I won't let you make any more instruments of murder!"
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: 2010 December 09, 07:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Normally items from the store say you need update 1.5 to use but for BB it just says you need the latest update. So either you are SOL or you need to just suck it up and update. You're gonna have to sooner or later. And seriously what Mods must you have so badly that haven't been updated yet or actually need to be.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #843 on: 2010 December 09, 15:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every time a new patch comes out, tards start crying and flailing and wetting their pants about it.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #844 on: 2010 December 09, 20:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the Barnacle Bay and the Buccaneer Set from this site and when I click on them to install I get "Installation Failed: Please make sure your game has the latest Software Updates and try again."

You should probably do that, then.

My Question is how do I bypass this

You can't.

I downloaded this "Custom Launcher with Package Management" from granthes over at ModTheSims thinking it would help me but the thing is...uhh...well...um...ehh...Huh

Beyond your limited ability to reason?

No one can help you.

shalunyturns
Asinine Airhead

Anecdone!

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: 2010 December 10, 07:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...I downloaded this "Custom Launcher with Package Management" from granthes over at ModTheSims thinking it would help me but the thing is...uhh...well...um...ehh...Huh

Beyond your limited ability to reason?

No one can help you.
When you open the program it says "Sims3packs" on one of the tabs, I was merely implying that it was a bit misleading and confusing, just didn't want to get into it...
&& Actually YOU did help soo...SMANKS a lot Shweety! Nows I Have MOAR nawlege, it's in me lernins'es

Marvin the Martian-"Oh goody! My illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator." Vivi Ornitier- "No more. I won't let you make any more instruments of murder!"
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: 2010 December 10, 07:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SMANKS a lot Shweety! Nows I Have MOAR nawlege, it's in me lernins'es

I hate you with the power of a thousand suns.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: 2010 December 10, 16:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SMANKS a lot Shweety! Nows I Have MOAR nawlege, it's in me lernins'es

I hate you with the power of a thousand suns.

I have to admit, I lol'd at the patchophobe's response.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Zaleth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: 2010 December 12, 20:42:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game is fully patched and I have all the expansions and still I'am unable to get my store stuff to install, it still gives me the message as above about needing to be updated to the current patch. Is this happening to anyone else? or does anyone have a solution? (I have no clue on how to make these pkg files either).
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #849 on: 2010 December 13, 02:36:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game is fully patched and I have all the expansions and still I'am unable to get my store stuff to install, it still gives me the message as above about needing to be updated to the current patch. Is this happening to anyone else? or does anyone have a solution? (I have no clue on how to make these pkg files either).

Are you decrapifying?
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: