More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:39:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2152118 times)
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #725 on: 2010 October 16, 19:28:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never downloaded Moyrie's packages.  I have Exangel's June 2009-February 2010.  Since March, I've done each month myself.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #726 on: 2010 October 16, 19:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll check on it Missbonbon. There's always a chance I missed something.

edit: Bikini bottoms show up fine for me, but I see the problem with the hula skirt. I'll see about fixing it.

New edit: I re-imported both files into the package they were in, and they both seem to appear no problem now. I'll upload it. I'll probably have the link in about an hour. >>

Anyway, feel free to report any other issues you have. I just hope overwriting those files didn't create more issues.
« Last Edit: 2010 October 16, 20:43:06 by Moryrie » Logged

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
ellebelle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: 2010 October 16, 21:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having a problem installing barnacle bay. I've read quite a bit on the forums and also used the search feature quite extensively before I even dared to ask about my problem on these forums.  Wink
I downloaded the barnacle bay file from the site, I decrapified the file, installed it and placed it in the downloads folder which I read above should work. It shows it being installed in the download manager but it is not in the game. My game also has the latest updates so there is no problem there. I followed the directions on how I am supposed to decrapify, and that seemed to go fine. I am not sure if I am still doing something wrong or it's just being how the sims typically gets and there is no discernible reason for it to not be working.

Try this:

1) Go to: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds
2) Cut the file: Barnacle Bay.world
3) Paste in: Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

Run the game to see if Barnacle Bay shows up.

See I think that is my biggest problem. I can't get the barnacle bay.world file. Even though it is showing as installed on the launcher it isn't in the installed worlds folder.
Although I think your solution would fix the problem if i had the world file.

I'm having the same problem. I've also never been able to use riverview or any other downloaded world. ;P

Ok it decided to work, but not because of anything I actually did. I wish it was so I could tell you.  Undecided I just kept trying and it decided to work.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #728 on: 2010 October 16, 22:28:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is the new, updated file, which you should allow to overwrite the old file.

For me the mentioned bikini bottoms, and hula skirt work, no issues. Clear caches and all before displaying just in case, and report any problems.

jesuisdvd
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: 2010 October 17, 00:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having a problem installing barnacle bay. I've read quite a bit on the forums and also used the search feature quite extensively before I even dared to ask about my problem on these forums.  Wink
I downloaded the barnacle bay file from the site, I decrapified the file, installed it and placed it in the downloads folder which I read above should work. It shows it being installed in the download manager but it is not in the game. My game also has the latest updates so there is no problem there. I followed the directions on how I am supposed to decrapify, and that seemed to go fine. I am not sure if I am still doing something wrong or it's just being how the sims typically gets and there is no discernible reason for it to not be working.

Try this:

1) Go to: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds
2) Cut the file: Barnacle Bay.world
3) Paste in: Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

Run the game to see if Barnacle Bay shows up.

See I think that is my biggest problem. I can't get the barnacle bay.world file. Even though it is showing as installed on the launcher it isn't in the installed worlds folder.

I'm having the same problem. I've also never been able to use riverview or any other downloaded world. ;P

Try this (it works for me, after months of finding the solution), select the barnaclebay or riverview package (or any package you want to install, objects, clothes, cities, houses, etc), rightclick "open with", and select the decrapifyer wherever you have,thn accept, you will see the black window of the decrapifyer (look if the size of the file changes, if change move to the folder i say, if not decrapify again), then move to the downloads folder in my documents/electronic arts/sims3/downloads then open the sims 3 launcher and install from it.
Sorry about my poor english i only speak spanish Cheesy
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: 2010 October 17, 00:43:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is happening to me as well. Nothing will install with that launcher, it says it is but it lies. I decrapify a hundred times, the file size reduces but still nothing. I usually get around it by extracting them to packages. However, that doesn't seem to sit well with worlds. I extracted it with delphys tool and took the large file and renamed it from package to world and threw it in Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds. I then took the remaining packages and put them together in one with s3pe. The world showed up and worked fine with the new objects but all the lots and sims have that infamous hash name problem. Not sure what else I can do as my launcher refuses to install anything, period.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: 2010 October 17, 01:00:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is happening to me as well. Nothing will install with that launcher, it says it is but it lies. I decrapify a hundred times, the file size reduces but still nothing. I usually get around it by extracting them to packages. However, that doesn't seem to sit well with worlds. I extracted it with delphys tool and took the large file and renamed it from package to world and threw it in Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds. I then took the remaining packages and put them together in one with s3pe. The world showed up and worked fine with the new objects but all the lots and sims have that infamous hash name problem. Not sure what else I can do as my launcher refuses to install anything, period.

Does a .dbc file actually form in DCCache for you? Go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCCache or it's equivalent on your computer. Remove the file that is in that folder, don't delete it because you may be deleting custom that did install. Now install your decrapified files using the launcher. Does a .dbc file form in DCCache after the install is done?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: 2010 October 17, 01:27:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does a .dbc file actually form in DCCache for you? Go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCCache or it's equivalent on your computer. Remove the file that is in that folder, don't delete it because you may be deleting custom that did install. Now install your decrapified files using the launcher. Does a .dbc file form in DCCache after the install is done?

Yes it does but it's only 1KB when it's "successfully installed". I went as far to delete the entire DCCache and DCBackup folders to be sure it wasn't the existing files playing with it then open the launcher and try to install, same result. It extracts the files fine to the DCBackup folder but seems to give up after that.

Attempts to install a vanilla file gives the "you need the latest software" message (I have Fast Lane Stuff and the new patch). Dragging and dropping it on decrapify.exe and retrying gives the same response and no reduce in file size. Dropping it on s3rc.exe reduces it to 90.2MB and gives the "success" message in the launcher but it isn't installed. Redropping it on decrapify.exe after s3rc also produces the success message but it's not installed. Everything worked till that patch ages ago that made store CC disappear when it was in the DDCache folder and it had to be moved to Mods/Packages. Since then, my launcher has not worked.

I noticed the files it puts in DCBackup are exactly the same that Delphy's tool produces so I have no idea what exactly the launcher does that makes the sim and lot names not appear as hashes. Putting the file I renamed to .world in InstalledWorlds of course makes the world not show up. I don't get it.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: 2010 October 17, 02:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried using a batch file as been recommended throughout this thread instead of just dropping it on the decrapifier? Many people have found that they have better results that way. I know I stopped having issues after I started using one with my downloads.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
TinyBear
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: 2010 October 17, 03:35:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried using a batch file as been recommended throughout this thread instead of just dropping it on the decrapifier? Many people have found that they have better results that way. I know I stopped having issues after I started using one with my downloads.

I tried using the batch files. I wasn't really having any issues but I figured "hey if I can make my game run better why not". And now none of my CC will show up. It's probably something I did but I was wondering if you'd ever run into that problem? I'm probably just going to repackage myself and see if that works.
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: 2010 October 17, 03:50:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just tried the batch file and it installed without issue, thanks. In the process, I compared the world files and found the launcher strips the XML from the beginning of the world file. It may do other things too. Basically it's impossible to get worlds to work unless they go through the launcher or someone provides the .world file that has been through it.

I tried using the batch files. I wasn't really having any issues but I figured "hey if I can make my game run better why not". And now none of my CC will show up. It's probably something I did but I was wondering if you'd ever run into that problem? I'm probably just going to repackage myself and see if that works.

Meaning it disappears from the houses? If so, you need to run your save games through it too. If you mean it vanishes from the catalog, something else is not right.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: 2010 October 17, 05:43:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you run this on all CC or just the store stuff? Were there other files other then the decrapifier, the batch and the store items in that folder or in folders within it? The batch that is offered up here will go into subfolders and decrapify the items within, not just the items that were in the folder with the decrapifer. You should not run this on items like TSR items. If you have run this on items not from the Store then you may have broken something about them. If you just ran it on the Store items, just move the batch and the decrapifier so that they run on your save files. What directory did you have the batch and decrapifier?

Just tried the batch file and it installed without issue, thanks. In the process, I compared the world files and found the launcher strips the XML from the beginning of the world file. It may do other things too. Basically it's impossible to get worlds to work unless they go through the launcher or someone provides the .world file that has been through it.
Actually, even if someone provides the world file, you still can't get the Worlds to work without running them through the launcher. I have never managed to get any world to work with just it's world file, even after it went through the launcher. I had to install it via the launcher, then take the .World file from the Installed Worlds folder and put it in the core files, I then put the .dbc that was created by the launcher with the info from that world in it and put it with the rest of my CC. This second part is unnecessary for most, I just do it for neatness, but I've never had issue with changing the name of the .dbc and placing with with the rest in my Mods folder, needless to say my resource.cfg is written to accept this. I have had issues with a few items not showing when I just left the .dbc in the DCcache. If you want to try to get a .world file to work for you anyway, Witch uploaded one in Pudding Factory on her thread with the EA store stuff torrent.

knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #737 on: 2010 October 19, 20:17:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

are these hairs part any set?

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:24071&categoryId=11959&scategoryId=11985&pcategoryId=11983&ppcategoryId=11983&gender=female&startAt=0

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:17682&categoryId=11959&scategoryId=11993&pcategoryId=11992&ppcategoryId=11992&gender=female&startAt=0

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: 2010 October 19, 22:42:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

are these hairs part any set?

are this sentence part language any known?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: 2010 October 19, 22:48:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first hair is part of the latest Animals Abound set. I'm not sure about the second hair since it's not that unique looking.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #740 on: 2010 October 20, 01:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2nd hair is really old, and while not part of any set, has been linked here for a while.

Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: 2010 October 21, 18:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are 8 new items - I have 7 codes - I can get the last one here in a few hours (I don't have any transportation to go to the store).  I'll go ahead and get the 7 and post them up.  I'll post the last one when I get it later this evening.  
« Last Edit: 2010 October 21, 20:55:30 by jaldeer » Logged
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: 2010 October 21, 19:33:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The T-Mobile coffee table  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BB1MBK61

I can't find a download button for this, can anyone else confirm if it works or not?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Phthon
Blathering Buffoon

Death is but the next great adventure.

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: 2010 October 21, 19:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The T-Mobile coffee table  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BB1MBK61

I can't find a download button for this, can anyone else confirm if it works or not?

It works...I downloaded it. The button is in the upper right corner under the captcha

I thought about being born again, but my mother refused.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: 2010 October 21, 19:42:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. Oddly enough, the first few times I loaded the page there was no captcha or download button visible.   Huh

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: 2010 October 21, 20:19:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still not sure what husband's van has to do with it all, but I will wait for the pack to include all eight items before shifting it to the downloads thread. We have the items singly and it doesn't seem worthwhile to add a partial pack.

Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: 2010 October 21, 21:00:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still not sure what husband's van has to do with it all, but I will wait for the pack to include all eight items before shifting it to the downloads thread. We have the items singly and it doesn't seem worthwhile to add a partial pack.
She need the van to drive to the foodstore and buy DrPeppers Cola with the code.  Kiss
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: 2010 October 21, 21:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK. Culture Clash here. I had no idea this promotion involved going and actually purchasing something. Thanks all for being willing to buy/ingest gutrot-sugar-fizzy-drink in pursuit of the quest of free stuff. Very noble of youse all.   Grin

*witch is now cognisant of the need for husband's van

rum nate
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: 2010 October 21, 22:35:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The store has some new icons and a legend to explain them.

Really can't wait to see what "Addition Gameplay" objects are.
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #749 on: 2010 October 21, 22:47:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those icons appear to be clickable, as if someone who wanted to see all new items, would be able to see them all on one page. Of course, they don't work.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: