More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:52:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2152432 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #700 on: 2010 October 08, 22:42:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Juci section removed to Retardo Land, 'Too stupid for words'. I refuse to link because I am unwilling to believe anyone wishes to read it.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
TinyBear
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: 2010 October 10, 02:43:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have updated my 4shared with the following sets: Oktoberfest, Loud, Fast, Clash, Speedy Styles, Buccaneer's Bounty, Halloween Treats, Glitter and Glam, Animals Abound pt.2, Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads including the bonus and free stuff. They are all decrapified and in .package NOT .s3p format and are organized by set.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/lIsiUcXQ/sharing.html
« Last Edit: 2010 October 10, 02:53:57 by TinyBear » Logged
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: 2010 October 10, 03:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TinyBear, I'm not going to move this post to the store thread because offering decrapified objects is bad, Pescado says. I went back a page or two in this thread but didn't find the exact quote where it says why it's bad.

The effect though, is that stuff decrapified on one person's machine may muck up the content on another's machine. If you want to do the packages without decrapifying, I'd be happy to put the post in the store thread.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
TinyBear
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: 2010 October 10, 03:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok will do. Might not have it up for a few days though, that shit was tedious as hell. I know exangel or rainbowbright used to do it just like I have it set up but s/he stopped updating in July I think. So I know that having individual .package files really helped me out a ton and I figured if s/he hadn't stared back up by now then they probably weren't going to. I just have one question. The way i get them to work in s3pe or the CTU is by decrapifying them. Is there a way to extract them from the .s3p and convert them to .package without decrapifying? I searched but all I found was people starting new threads asking either what decrapifying was or how to convert but with no useful answers.
Tarise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: 2010 October 10, 15:27:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey guys I need help.  I don't post a lot so sorry if I'm offending anyone with stupid questions and all that.

Got the latest and greatest store items, ran them thru the decrapifier and s3rc.  I install them as sims3pack and my launcher says they're installed.  They show up in the installed content.  I fire up the game and nothing shows up.  I quit the game and check installed content and it's not installed so I install it agian and go thru the whole schlamiel and same results.  I've converted them to .package file and still won't show up in my game.  So... what more can I do.

And before you ask... yes my game is patched to the latest and greatest.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks and again apologies for asking newb/stupid questions.
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: 2010 October 10, 16:20:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok will do. Might not have it up for a few days though, that shit was tedious as hell. I know exangel or rainbowbright used to do it just like I have it set up but s/he stopped updating in July I think. So I know that having individual .package files really helped me out a ton and I figured if s/he hadn't stared back up by now then they probably weren't going to. I just have one question. The way i get them to work in s3pe or the CTU is by decrapifying them. Is there a way to extract them from the .s3p and convert them to .package without decrapifying? I searched but all I found was people starting new threads asking either what decrapifying was or how to convert but with no useful answers.

You don't need to decrap in order to convert them. Use the multi package extractor, I think it's one of Delphys creations.
Rider
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: 2010 October 10, 16:44:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey guys I need help.  I don't post a lot so sorry if I'm offending anyone with stupid questions and all that.

Got the latest and greatest store items, ran them thru the decrapifier and s3rc.  I install them as sims3pack and my launcher says they're installed.  They show up in the installed content.  I fire up the game and nothing shows up.  I quit the game and check installed content and it's not installed so I install it agian and go thru the whole schlamiel and same results.  I've converted them to .package file and still won't show up in my game.  So... what more can I do.

And before you ask... yes my game is patched to the latest and greatest.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks and again apologies for asking newb/stupid questions.

Here try this, the same decrap that is out there, put in a folder put unmodified sim3pack into it then click on batch, it willd do automatic and then place in download. this has worked for me.

* decrap sims3.rar (47.38 KB - downloaded 448 times.)
Tarise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: 2010 October 11, 07:13:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here try this, the same decrap that is out there, put in a folder put unmodified sim3pack into it then click on batch, it willd do automatic and then place in download. this has worked for me.

Perfect!!  Thanks so much for the help.  BTW, it didn't put the sims3packs for me in my Downloads folder but hey... it worked.  Thanks so much Wink
Rider
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: 2010 October 11, 16:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your welcome, sorry should of been direct, you have to put it in your downloads yourself it don't do it automatic, sorry for the misunderstanding.
ellebelle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: 2010 October 15, 02:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having a problem installing barnacle bay. I've read quite a bit on the forums and also used the search feature quite extensively before I even dared to ask about my problem on these forums.  Wink
I downloaded the barnacle bay file from the site, I decrapified the file, installed it and placed it in the downloads folder which I read above should work. It shows it being installed in the download manager but it is not in the game. My game also has the latest updates so there is no problem there. I followed the directions on how I am supposed to decrapify, and that seemed to go fine. I am not sure if I am still doing something wrong or it's just being how the sims typically gets and there is no discernible reason for it to not be working.
rhldavies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: 2010 October 15, 09:05:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having a problem installing barnacle bay. I've read quite a bit on the forums and also used the search feature quite extensively before I even dared to ask about my problem on these forums.  Wink
I downloaded the barnacle bay file from the site, I decrapified the file, installed it and placed it in the downloads folder which I read above should work. It shows it being installed in the download manager but it is not in the game. My game also has the latest updates so there is no problem there. I followed the directions on how I am supposed to decrapify, and that seemed to go fine. I am not sure if I am still doing something wrong or it's just being how the sims typically gets and there is no discernible reason for it to not be working.

Try this:

1) Go to: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds
2) Cut the file: Barnacle Bay.world
3) Paste in: Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

Run the game to see if Barnacle Bay shows up.

R.I.P. Munti 25/01/08 - You made me a better person. I miss you so much it hurts.
jesuisdvd
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: 2010 October 15, 14:14:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need help, why after decrapify an object it have no description in game???, just the item whit no name Undecided
Dagger
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: 2010 October 15, 16:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why, but every time I try to install a new package the game lags. I used procmon, and when I go to the file summary it shows all the packages that I just installed are causing the lag (over 40min just to get into a saved game) I've searched for hours to find a solution, but nothing is popping up or I'm looking in the wrong place. Can anyone point me in the right location to look or offer a solution?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: 2010 October 15, 17:17:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: 2010 October 15, 18:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why, but every time I try to install a new package the game lags. I used procmon, and when I go to the file summary it shows all the packages that I just installed are causing the lag (over 40min just to get into a saved game) I've searched for hours to find a solution, but nothing is popping up or I'm looking in the wrong place. Can anyone point me in the right location to look or offer a solution?
Remove the .packages. Something is wrong with them. If they are loading over and over in a row and it looks like an unusual amount of times, take them out. Notify the creator of the .packages and maybe they will fix it. Store .packages that are loading a lot is pretty normal however, they have a lot in them, in which case the issue may be that your computer simple can not handle this extra stuff in your game and you are going to have to cut back to a few choice items. If it's the same .package shown like a hundred times in a row, barely loading anything else, then the issue is still that there is something wrong with it.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Daphoenyx
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: 2010 October 15, 18:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I would recommend using .Sims3Packs instead of .packages. That way it won't take forever to load.
Dagger
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: 2010 October 15, 19:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remove the .packages. Something is wrong with them. If they are loading over and over in a row and it looks like an unusual amount of times, take them out. Notify the creator of the .packages and maybe they will fix it. Store .packages that are loading a lot is pretty normal however, they have a lot in them, in which case the issue may be that your computer simple can not handle this extra stuff in your game and you are going to have to cut back to a few choice items. If it's the same .package shown like a hundred times in a row, barely loading anything else, then the issue is still that there is something wrong with it.
Yeah they are the store items. They are the ones I downloaded from the MATY TS3 Store thread. Do the .Sims3Packs actually load faster? I saw another thread that it was the same. Please don't flame me on this I'm just trying to get clarification, because I'm hearing different things on this.
Daphoenyx
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: 2010 October 15, 19:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do the .Sims3Packs actually load faster?
In my game and with my computer, which is two or three years old, .Sims3Packs load normally as the game would load... That is, they don't need more time to load or perhaps only a few seconds more, since I never noticed a difference.
Dagger
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: 2010 October 15, 20:35:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing that is so infuriating is that it's only the newest ones that I install. It doesn't matter how many it's all of them, and they are all legit from the TS3 Store thread on here. I think there is something else going on, but I can't put my finger on it.
ellebelle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: 2010 October 15, 21:20:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this:

3) Paste in: Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

See I think that is my biggest problem. I can't get the barnacle bay.world file. Even though it is showing as installed on the launcher it isn't in the installed worlds folder.
Although I think your solution would fix the problem if i had the world file.
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: 2010 October 16, 01:59:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing that is so infuriating is that it's only the newest ones that I install. It doesn't matter how many it's all of them, and they are all legit from the TS3 Store thread on here. I think there is something else going on, but I can't put my finger on it.

When I used package files back in the day that would happen to me to, you have to decrap the package files. I used the drag and drop method. That fixed the problem for me.
Dagger
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: 2010 October 16, 03:53:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded them by month and they are working now. Individually they don't but someone put them in months and now they fine.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: 2010 October 16, 06:20:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded them by month and they are working now. Individually they don't but someone put them in months and now they fine.
Then the problem may have been that you had so many, unless there was one or two that loaded hundreds of times, one bad file will choke up the whole thing. The reason why Sims3packs load faster is because the launcher makes it's own package files called dbc files. It joins all the the files into one file. Such as the batch .package files that people make and upload for here, for example the ones by month, which have all the sets and individual items in it uploaded that month. With the Sims 3, it seems that the amount of files it's trying to load is important, in contrast to The Sims 2 where the biggest issue for most people was the size. You can also make your own .dbc file using Simpe. I reduced my loading times by quite a bit by merging all .packages by a single creator.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #723 on: 2010 October 16, 17:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this:

See I think that is my biggest problem. I can't get the barnacle bay.world file. Even though it is showing as installed on the launcher it isn't in the installed worlds folder.
Although I think your solution would fix the problem if i had the world file.

I'm having the same problem. I've also never been able to use riverview or any other downloaded world. ;P

missbonbon
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: 2010 October 16, 18:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried checking around to see if anyone else is having this problem, and have found no results. I have Moyrie's package files installed, and when I was checking them in game to ensure everything is installed properly, I noticed that this skirt is now having alpha issues. I see on the picture that it should be jagged on the ends with holes in random spots, but in my game it's a solid block. If a picture is needed I can provide one.

Also this swimsuit bottom doesn't show up at all. I've ran Delphy's dashboard and process monitor to ensure none of my packages conflict, ending with no errors/conflicts being shown. I figured I would ask here to see if anyone else has Moyrie's packages and are having the same issues.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: