More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:01:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2152162 times)
Aquifel
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #675 on: 2010 October 02, 22:33:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried searching, forgive me if i missed anything.  I installed... everything (just about) from the store content thread, anyways, since then the launcher is incredibly slow (about 20 mins to load/install new content), and i was wondering if anyone has found a work around for this immense slowdown (is it to be expected, or have i possibly done something wrong besides the obvious lack of restraint?), all the content does seem to still be functioning in game.  I have all expansions and stuff packs up to date with latest patches, and no EA download manager, I don't use the launcher to start the game, only to install and keep track of content, anyone have any tips?

EDIT: almost forgot, it jumps to using about 1.2gb of ram during the time its frozen, then from there jumps up and down repeatedly as low as around 200mb.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: 2010 October 02, 22:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever you boot the Launcher, it loads all the Sims3Packs in the "Downloads" folder into memory.  The more files you have, the longer it takes.  Since the Launcher isn't recursive, a simple solution is just to create a subfolder inside your "Downloads" folder and move your Sims3Packs into it after you install them.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Daphoenyx
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: 2010 October 03, 13:56:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried searching, forgive me if i missed anything.  I installed... everything (just about) from the store content thread, anyways, since then the launcher is incredibly slow (about 20 mins to load/install new content), and i was wondering if anyone has found a work around for this immense slowdown (is it to be expected, or have i possibly done something wrong besides the obvious lack of restraint?), all the content does seem to still be functioning in game.  I have all expansions and stuff packs up to date with latest patches, and no EA download manager, I don't use the launcher to start the game, only to install and keep track of content, anyone have any tips?

EDIT: almost forgot, it jumps to using about 1.2gb of ram during the time its frozen, then from there jumps up and down repeatedly as low as around 200mb.
I don't know if this can help, but I have all the store stuff installed (even objects that came with bundles, promotions, etc.) and ok, it takes long to install, but surely not 20 minutes... More likely about 3/5, depending on how much files I need to install. So there must be something else that is "clogging" up your Launcher.
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: 2010 October 03, 16:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever you boot the Launcher, it loads all the Sims3Packs in the "Downloads" folder into memory.  The more files you have, the longer it takes.  Since the Launcher isn't recursive, a simple solution is just to create a subfolder inside your "Downloads" folder and move your Sims3Packs into it after you install them.

That's what I do. I've never had a problem with the launcher taking that long to load/install.
Aquifel
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: 2010 October 04, 14:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried moving the downloads (should have thought of that myself :/), it still takes about 20 minutes (im not using hyperbole, it really is about 20 mins, about 10 mins to load, barely a minute to actually install, then the rest of the time is trying to close out the launcher), but that means, i have very likely screwed up something else unrelated to these downloads.  So, i guess my problem is solved by no longer being relevant Cheesy.
valfreyja
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: 2010 October 05, 00:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry if this has been addressed, but I just recently started having problems installing store content. I have previously been able to install through the launcher, using decrapified .sim3packs. The error message I'm receiving is: "Installation failed: Please make sure your game has the latest Software Updates and try again." I've also received a message when initializing install, which goes something like: "There was an error when installing items. Please see log for details."

The specific sets I'm having an issue with are:
The QB and the Cheerleader
Beach Bedroom
Haute Hip
Divalicious
Fairy Bed Living CAS
Oktoberfest

I have been able to install other items, just not these. The image also never loads in the launcher.

I am on a Mac, decrapifying via Mono, and have purchased the base game, WA, and Ambitions. I recently installed HELS via a torrent. I have been able to install pirated store items after installing HELS, so I don't think it's that. What am I doing wrong?
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: 2010 October 05, 00:50:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Decrapified sets never show a picture. Did you try re-downloading them? Sometimes things get borked while downloading. And obviously, did you check the log for details?
valfreyja
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: 2010 October 05, 01:55:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My decrapified sets (which show in the game) show an image. Is that strange?

I tried checking the log, but either I don't have the proper program to view it (suggested programs were Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Opera, Textedit, tried all), or I just did not understand the info presented.

I will try redownloading them. It seems like the best bet. Thanks!
markjs
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #683 on: 2010 October 05, 03:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever you boot the Launcher, it loads all the Sims3Packs in the "Downloads" folder into memory.  The more files you have, the longer it takes.  Since the Launcher isn't recursive, a simple solution is just to create a subfolder inside your "Downloads" folder and move your Sims3Packs into it after you install them.

No, no, this "problem" occours with the installed content.
The memory overload is nothing more than the Launcher reading ALL your DBC's in DCCache folder.
A DBC file is just a DBPF Package, and thus, having big sizes, being split or not, takes time to read, because the Launcher reads the index, and look for it's reference inside the DBC to load the specific item it represents.

Before, the Launcher only attempted to read your already installed content whenever you clicked on the specifc button on the form.
This changed with the launch of Patch 1.10.6, which now makes the Launcher read ALL the content you have at the load;

Which is utterly stupid, but it does, however, makes a better performance with the Launcher already opened.

There seems to be a better performance if you have the separated generated package with it's hex-name representation in the DCBackup folder though.
I am not sure but it may attempt to read it separetely, instead of looking up for the content description/thumbnail inside a big DBC file.

There is this old discussion about this: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,19114.0
Daphoenyx
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: 2010 October 05, 14:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My decrapified sets (which show in the game) show an image. Is that strange?
I don't know if it's strange or not, but in my case, some things show an image, and some others show a closed box... Both types install and show in the game, so I don't know where is the difference  Huh
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: 2010 October 05, 15:57:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me decrap sets don't but decrap single items do.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: 2010 October 05, 22:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a mixed bag for me, I have a few decrapified sets that show the image and most of my single items do too, but a few singles don't and I think a set or two shows the closed box as well. To those who still have trouble decrapifing, have you made and tried to use the batch file mentioned? The "please update" issue is generally a patch problem, an old decrapifier, or the file just did not get decrapified. The batch file can ensure that every file in that folder gets decrapified with no confusion.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
valfreyja
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: 2010 October 06, 00:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I redownloaded the selection, plus a few additional sets, and was able to install most of them. I still was unable to install The QB/Cheer, Divalicious, Oktoberfest, and LoudFastFull. Thus, this is either an issue with recent content, or an issue with mediafire downloads. I haven't had time to test mediafire, but given that the only files that haven't worked have come from mediafire (the rest from megaupload), I think it might be a fair assumption. Strange.
Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: 2010 October 06, 12:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The batch cmd file was the only way it would work for me - just had to find where the show file extensions was on 7.  I guess consistancy in an OC isn't a major selling point.

Anyway, it worked great.
markjs
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #689 on: 2010 October 06, 20:58:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For who have so much trouble, you have two options, make a bat that will read and decrapify all .Sims3Pack in the current folder:
Code:
FOR %%i IN (*.Sims3Pack) DO s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"

Or, one that you drag only the .Sims3Pack you want for it to decrapify in the bat:
Code:
FOR %%A IN (%*) DO s3rc.exe -fD %%A

Some .Sims3Pack do not pass on the Launcher by only decrapifying, it's recommended that you use s3rc.exe executable with the arguments "fD" (Fix, Decrapify); instead of just using "D" or directly with decrapify.exe
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: 2010 October 06, 21:20:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a wee warning before we start getting October shop releases.

For those many guests who have not read the FAQ, we don't much like 'Thanks' posts here. We are not an F-ly site. Regulars don't want to keep loading the thread only to discover;

Hey thanks, Rainbowfarts, I rly wnated that new hairstile Smiley Smiley Smiley  Cheesy

Besides which, any posts with download links will be moved to the store thread, so we wind up with pages of thanks in this thread, and no real content.

We have a THANKS, THAT WAS GREAT thread. If you desperately need to voice your thanks, post there and save me the trouble of moving your posts.

Alternatively, you could click the 'Thanks' button.
« Last Edit: 2010 October 07, 20:01:20 by witch » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
TinyBear
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: 2010 October 07, 00:22:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Long time lurker first time poster. I ran searches but couldn't find the August or September files in .package format. I'm sure you guys will let me know if I missed it. When I ran searches I was directed to the downloads thread but all the downloads were sims3paks and my launcher never installs them right. I got all the others in .package from rainbowbright or exangel but can't find the latest ones. Thanks.
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: 2010 October 07, 00:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TinyBear, I did August and September in .package - both are in the downloads thread - August is on page 11, reply #270 and September is on page 12, reply # 292.  
« Last Edit: 2010 October 07, 02:53:41 by jaldeer » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: 2010 October 07, 13:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much and sorry for being a feeb. Donno how I missed them cause I swear I scoured the downloads page.

NOT FOUR POSTS UP, the mod tells you not to post useless "Thanks" posts, and yet HERE YOU ARE.  "Long time lurker," my ass.  Did you actually READ anything in the time you were lurking?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: 2010 October 07, 16:45:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the new Animals Abound set but it still shows as zero items in set http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:24061

Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: 2010 October 07, 16:54:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the points and like the Glitter and Glam bedroom set. I can buy this set.
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: 2010 October 07, 18:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the new Animals Abound set but it still shows as zero items in set http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:24061

The new stuff are: bathtub, sink, potty, end-table, 3 paintings, mirror, curtains, 2 misc. deco objects, dresser, crib, high-chair, toy-box, 3 new toys, wall light and couch.

They're available as separate objects at the moment, but I guess the whole set will be up soon.

Dive in!
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: 2010 October 07, 18:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, the whole set seems to be up now: http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:24061

Of course, when you try to go to page 2, you get a 404, but it does say 25 items now instead of zero.

EDIT: From this link, the whole set can be viewed.

So now we just need that set and Wretched Threads and we'll have everything.
« Last Edit: 2010 October 07, 20:19:10 by ShortyBoo » Logged
TinyBear
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: 2010 October 07, 23:10:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every time I install Barnacle Bay or any of the pirate stuff it says it installs correctly but never shows up. I've tried using a .s3p and a .package and neither work. Does anyone have it in individual .package format so I can see if it's a particular item causing it to mess up or something else. Thanks.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: 2010 October 08, 08:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every time I install Barnacle Bay or any of the pirate stuff it says it installs correctly but never shows up. I've tried using a .s3p and a .package and neither work. Does anyone have it in individual .package format so I can see if it's a particular item causing it to mess up or something else. Thanks.
What, like the hood isn't working for you? This has been explained in this thread somewhere, just work backwards from here until you find it and it will tell you how to get the hood and it's stuff to work. Get the hood to work, the other crap that came with it will follow suit.
« Last Edit: 2010 October 08, 20:48:06 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: