More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:12:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2151986 times)
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #650 on: 2010 September 30, 05:33:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if anyone's tried Decrapifying and then using the files on a Mac? If no one's got experience with it, I'm pretty okay with screwing around with my game for the purposes of experimentation regardless of explosiveness, but if someone's got an answer that saves me time, I'm all ears.

It works fine. I switched over to the Windows partition permanently for the game stuff simply because I was tired of rebooting every time I needed to do something to a file (also, unlike your experience, the game runs much faster for me under Windows Vista than it did under OSX), but I was swapping files back and forth and decrapifying in Windows and using them in Mac without encountering any noticeable problems. Which isn't to say something borked still might not come up for you: this is an EA product, after all.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
Lissy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: 2010 September 30, 09:31:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if anyone's tried Decrapifying and then using the files on a Mac?

For me it only works when I decrapify through the command line. If I simply use the drag-and-drop method, for some reason the files don't install properly on the Mac.
Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: 2010 September 30, 13:27:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, just to make sure I have this clear, because I would like to avoid sporkings, but once you decrapify if it works it says it installs?  Because I got the decrapifying to work, says it installed, but its not actually installing.  Clearly I'm making an error, but after reading through a thousand posts, I'm not finding anything other than if it won't install, rinse repeat.  Thing is, it is installing, or rather, it is saying it is, and I want to peek at the pirate stuff.
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: 2010 September 30, 13:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The launcher will say that even with unmodified packs, it lies. You're doing something wrong.  If that check mark shows up under status in the downloads tab it usually means it worked.
Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: 2010 September 30, 14:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does show up, which is what I'm trying to say - also, when it didn't work at all, it said it didn't work and gave me an error message.

But it shows up under the download and in the installed content - but if I look in the game or in the folders, it isn't there.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: 2010 September 30, 19:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have your .dbc files been modified or changed size at the time you installed? If so,your content is there. Update your decrapifier too. I just installed everything from the downloads thread last night and it all worked fine.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: 2010 September 30, 21:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried searching the forum and scrolling through pages of this thread without finding what I need.

How do I install Riverview without using the launcher?  I have downloaded the Riverview file from here but can't find instructions on how to install.
Lissy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: 2010 September 30, 21:58:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does show up, which is what I'm trying to say - also, when it didn't work at all, it said it didn't work and gave me an error message.
But it shows up under the download and in the installed content - but if I look in the game or in the folders, it isn't there.

That's what happens with my decrapified files if I just use the drag-and-drop method. They install, show up in the 'installed items', but as soon as I start the game they are uninstalled again. Just like unmodified store files.

When I decrapify/recompress from the command line, the installed items show up in the game and they stay installed. I haven't got a clue why it would make a difference, but in my case it does.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: 2010 September 30, 22:07:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In order to use the drag and drop method to decrapify, I think the packages you're decrapifying have to be in the same folder as decrapify.exe and s3rc.exe.  You can't drag and drop from another folder.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: 2010 September 30, 22:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well obviously you people are doing something wrong. Just read and follow the numerous tutorials and keep at it until something works. EPIC FAIL.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: 2010 September 30, 22:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17707.msg511046.html#msg511046

Right, this is my good deed for 2011. (I've already used up 2010's one).

The link above will take you to a post I made some time ago. I've crossed out the old irrelevant bits. There is a Riverworld file there and instructions from Interfection on how to install it.
Quote from: Interfection
Put the Riverview.world file in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds like Witch instructed.  Next, you must delete the Riverview.world file from your InstalledWorlds folder in your Documents to get it to work correctly.

There is also (yet another) tutorial for decrapifying and creating your own .dbc files.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: 2010 October 01, 00:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, Witch.
Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: 2010 October 01, 01:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try it again then.  I'll find those command prompt instructions because so far, I just used drag and drop - I just got the decrapifier yesterday and decrapified everything that Pes' instructions said to decrapify.  Until now, I never needed to use it.  This pirate world is the first thing to say 'Ummm, you don't have the right versions' to me.

Still, I'm stubborn, so, let's see what I can do further.
Lissy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: 2010 October 01, 05:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In order to use the drag and drop method to decrapify, I think the packages you're decrapifying have to be in the same folder as decrapify.exe and s3rc.exe.  You can't drag and drop from another folder.

They are in the same folder, so that was not the issue (for me at least). On the surface, the drag-and-drop method seems to work fine - the 'last modified' date of the file does change and s3rc does take a few seconds to do something, but the resulting changed file still doesn't work.
There is obviously some slight difference between the result of the drag-and-drop method and the command line method that makes a difference for my game. I don't understand what the difference is - I just stick to the method that works.
nosoupforyou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: 2010 October 01, 13:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fuck.

Those dirty livenation things are going to be the death of me.
They just won't download. No matter what I do. THe links in the other thread all freeze.
To make matters worse I used up points to get them because I'm a sad completist. Won't donwload from there either. What the hell?
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: 2010 October 01, 13:13:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your computer's rebelling against lame content.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
nosoupforyou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: 2010 October 01, 13:51:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the only plausible explanation.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: 2010 October 01, 18:22:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so, why can't I uninstall the BB pirate clothing without being told they can't be uninstalled because of 'dependants'? Is there a way to see which file is preventing their removal and then get rid?
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: 2010 October 01, 20:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so, why can't I uninstall the BB pirate clothing without being told they can't be uninstalled because of 'dependants'? Is there a way to see which file is preventing their removal and then get rid?

Because they come with and are part of BB. I'm going to assume here that you also can't delete riverview stuff either. Have you tried opening them up in s3pe and making them hidden?
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: 2010 October 01, 21:19:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because they come with and are part of BB. I'm going to assume here that you also can't delete riverview stuff either. Have you tried opening them up in s3pe and making them hidden?

Shhhh.  I want to watch him delete random game files.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: 2010 October 01, 23:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shhhh.  I want to watch him delete random game files.

I may be stupid, but I'm not THAT stupid as to go deleting random files.
I don't mind the clothing being in game so long as random Sims don't start showing up wearing them so I'll go have a poke around and see about disabling them for random.
dedust
Asinine Airhead

LÖR LÖR

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: 2010 October 01, 23:58:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a quick note for Mac users:
USE PARALLELS.

After it's all set up, you can easily fire it up just like every other application, decrapify your stuff under Windows, and suspend the session for later use. No need to boot to another OS for a few files.
However, Parallels is not free, and neither is Windows, so you'll need to work those out yourself.

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: 2010 October 02, 01:27:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may be stupid, but I'm not THAT stupid as to go deleting random files.
I don't mind the clothing being in game so long as random Sims don't start showing up wearing them so I'll go have a poke around and see about disabling them for random.
[/quote]

We'll leave that one open for future debate. As far as teh pirate randomness I do believe someone on this very thread is doing/did that already. I know the wedding crap was fixed, among other things.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: 2010 October 02, 13:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understood they were as .package files though and I'm using the decrapified .sims3pack route.
Either way, I poked around and nothing broke. I shall assume it worked unless I start seeing new Sims turn up wearing the outfits.

(You might want to fix your quote tags)
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: 2010 October 02, 14:40:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understood they were as .package files though and I'm using the decrapified .sims3pack route.
Either way, I poked around and nothing broke. I shall assume it worked unless I start seeing new Sims turn up wearing the outfits.

(You might want to fix your quote tags)

You can still use the package fixes, as long as there are decrap versions, which I think there are. Yea I know, I'm on my phone so wackyness with my quote tags might ensue.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: