More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:58:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2152434 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #600 on: 2010 September 26, 14:01:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BBS is short for Bulletin Board System.

Here people use it because The Sims 1 and The Sims 2 official site did not had a message board but a BBS, at least the US site so they keep calling it that despite NOT being a BBS but a Message Board.
But a bulletin board *IS* a message board. That is how the originals functioned: People logged in, and they stuck up messages. Thus, it is technically correct to refer to them as such.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Acid_fairy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: 2010 September 26, 14:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never decrapified before so I followed the instructions here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18408.msg535029.html#msg535029
and BB showed up fine, but since I did all this my game is running really slow. Taking the piss slow.

I will do a reinstall if it can't be fixed, but it'd be nice to know what I did do wrong so I don't repeat my retardedness. Somebody mentioned earlier to not decrapify anything that had nothing to do with the store, but surely putting all those files just in "My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3", it's going to decrapify some stuff I didn't need to, yes? Is that where I fucked up?

I had that happen and what I think i did was, i managed to decrapify perfectly good .package files in the mod sub-folder in my documents that was added with ambitions. not only that but it seemed to decrapify the DCbackups as well.  

What i ended up doing was clearing out the DCBackups and re downloading all the packages i had in my mod sub-folder, ended up running smoothly after that.

to avoid doing it in the future, either decrapify one by one or temporarily move your packages to another folder outside of my documents while you batch decrapify then clear out your DCBackups.

Worked like a charm!
« Last Edit: 2010 September 26, 14:34:34 by Acid_fairy » Logged
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: 2010 September 26, 14:40:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But a bulletin board *IS* a message board. That is how the originals functioned: People logged in, and they stuck up messages. Thus, it is technically correct to refer to them as such.

Maybe but everyone call then forums these days, even your own message board software is named "Simple Machines Forum", even if they are the basically the same thing (as forums are the evolution of BBS) there are substantial differences, its like calling a car a carriage.

Besides the Official Sims 3 Site Message Board is not a Bulletin Board, I think they use vBulletin.

Lissy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: 2010 September 26, 14:49:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also the divalishious and QB/Cheerleader sets in a combined package.

Could you please upload the unmodified Divalishious Sims3Pack as well? I found the QB/Cheerleader a few posts back, but not the Divalishious. Thanks!
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: 2010 September 26, 15:06:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its here Lissy, it was uploaded by the same person, igottapi.

Here is the link to the post:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18888.msg553452.html#msg553452
Lissy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: 2010 September 26, 16:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. I didn't see that one. And I did search, but I managed to use three variations of the set name that were all different from igotappi's.  Roll Eyes
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: 2010 September 26, 17:22:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. I didn't see that one. And I did search, but I managed to use three variations of the set name that were all different from igotappi's.  Roll Eyes

Who could have predicted igotappi would have spelled it correctly?  Igotappi is a wild card of mystery and intrigue who has boggled many a mind, not just the feeble ones like Lissy.

Speaking of talent, Dark Ron has already dazzled us with his retarded weeabootry and off-putting misogyny, but it's the noob enabling that really establishes him as a triple threat.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: 2010 September 26, 18:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who could have predicted igotappi would have spelled it correctly?

Divalicious? a made up word? ... at least my spell corrector says its wrong, maybe my corrector is wrong ...

Igotappi is a wild card of mystery and intrigue who has boggled many a mind, not just the feeble ones like Lissy.

Oh never mind its buried under the whole decrapiffy , I knew it was there and I dont blame people from being unable to find it but hey, that is me ... I dont hold a grudge towards people that come crashing down on the super secret fantastic club that is this forum.

Speaking of talent, Dark Ron has already dazzled us with his retarded weeabootry

Like I give a fuck about what some people think of my hobbies, if I did then I would keep my mouth shut ...

and off-putting misogyny,

... you white knight, assuming you are male by the look of your user name.

Let me put this as friendly as possible, go drown in a public toilet

but it's the noob enabling that really establishes him as a triple threat.

Every time a Senator makes a post, the more I think its a title bestowed to signal "the following post have no merit whatsoever" did I spelled whatsoever right? my spell correcter says its right but I no Senator to know of such things as, after all, harassing people and complain about spelling (that makes them s-m-r-t) seem to be the only things Senators do.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: 2010 September 26, 18:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who could have predicted igotappi would have spelled it correctly?[/quote}

Divalicious? a made up word? ... at least my spell corrector says its wrong, maybe my corrector is wrong ...

Igotappi is a wild card of mystery and intrigue who has boggled many a mind, not just the feeble ones like Lissy.

Oh never mind its buried under the whole decrapiffy , I knew it was there and I dont blame people from being unable to find it but hey, that is me ... I dont hold a grudge towards people that come crashing down on the super secret fantastic club that is this forum.

Speaking of talent, Dark Ron has already dazzled us with his retarded weeabootry

Like I give a fuck about what some people think of my hobbies, if I did then I would keep my mouth shut ...

and off-putting misogyny,

... you white knight, assuming you are male by the look of your user name.

Let me put this as friendly as possible, go drown in a public toilet

but it's the noob enabling that really establishes him as a triple threat.

Every time a Senator makes a post, the more I think its a title bestowed to signal "the following post have no merit whatsoever" did I spelled whatsoever right? my spell correcter says its right but I no Senator to know of such things as, after all, harassing people and complain about spelling (that makes them s-m-r-t) seem to be the only things Senators do.

Quoting Dark Ron's QUOTEFAIL for posterity and lulz. What an idiot. Fucking posting, how does it work?

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: 2010 September 26, 18:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your verb tenses are completely shot throughout, and you didn't format your quote tags properly.  Also "it's" requires an apostrophe when it is the contraction of "it is".

*ninja'd by my AIDE*

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: 2010 September 26, 18:44:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quoting Dark Ron's QUOTEFAIL for posterity and lulz. What an idiot. Fucking posting, how does it work?

That 9 is left to 0?
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: 2010 September 26, 21:55:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so how come I can't uninstall individual items from BB?
With ANY other set from the store I have obtained from here, if there have been odd items I did not want I would simply remove them using the launcher after I had installed the full set.
This does not seem to work with BB. I wish to uninstall the pirate clothing yet every time I attempt to do so I am told I "cannot uninstall packages with dependants".
IS there a way for me to get the pirate clothing out of my game which doesn't involve uninstalling BB completely or using packages?
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: 2010 September 26, 22:04:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This goes back about the birthday gift. I can't find anything on sims3 that asks for your bday. I've got to be completely missing something.
TaterTots
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: 2010 September 27, 00:33:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This goes back about the birthday gift. I can't find anything on sims3 that asks for your bday. I've got to be completely missing something.

If you click on "create an account" on the sims 3 site, it asks for your birthday when you are signing up for a new account.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #614 on: 2010 September 27, 01:27:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So... could someone make a new account, lie, and say the birthday was tomorrow.. make sure that thing was checked, and get the gift set tomorrow? .. Or do you have to register something?

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: 2010 September 27, 02:12:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I already have an account. I just can't seem to find it in the settings to see if I gave my real bday or not. Has it even been confirmed that this set excists other than the photo?
Lissy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: 2010 September 27, 02:38:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I already have an account. I just can't seem to find it in the settings to see if I gave my real bday or not. Has it even been confirmed that this set excists other than the photo?

They probably just use the birthday to check your age. I've not seen the set confirmed anywhere, just the photos and pages with 'this object is unavailable'. I used my real birthday when I registered, and did not get the set on my birthday - and I've never heard of anyone who had.
igottapi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: 2010 September 27, 02:45:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who could have predicted igotappi would have spelled it correctly?  Igotappi is a wild card of mystery and intrigue who has boggled many a mind, not just the feeble ones like Lissy.

Speaking of talent, Dark Ron has already dazzled us with his retarded weeabootry and off-putting misogyny, but it's the noob enabling that really establishes him as a triple threat.
[/quote]

LOL Ok About the wild card: Hilarious.  About the spelling: Its is my biggest fear when I write in this board to be insulted for misspelling, So I make sure to copy & paste to a file where I can spell-check (I'm Hispanic so spelling is my major flaw)

I did copy & paste the name from the sims 3 website since I save the original files with the correct names in a folder for any emergency.
Lissy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: 2010 September 27, 03:02:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did copy & paste the name from the sims 3 website since I save the original files with the correct names in a folder for any emergency.

I copy/pasted from Drakron's thread. And then I tried a few variations. I usually use spell checker as well, for the same reason. I'm not a native speaker of English either. However, spell checker wouldn't have helped in case of a made-up word, and the store gave me an error page. So I took the gamble and posted. And then made the stupid mistake of writing a thank-you post.

By the way, Jeromecraig, it should be "the feeble ones like Lissy's" - the mind, feeble though it may be, is something I possess, not something I am.

« Last Edit: 2010 September 27, 03:09:39 by Lissy » Logged
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #619 on: 2010 September 27, 03:32:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no area to change your age. I checked. And I don't feel like waiting 8 months.

Edit: So, I created an account with tomorrow as b-day. Problem is, I can't download anything 'free' as I don't have anything new to register.

Fail.

Guess I'm waiting 8 months, unless someone else gets it first, or it's discontinued.
« Last Edit: 2010 September 27, 03:47:36 by Moryrie » Logged

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Rayne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: 2010 September 27, 07:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recieved something from EA on my birthday but it wasnt no birthday pack it was like a percentage off or something.  I honestly dont remember I know I thought it was lame and discarded.  I was browsing the forums on TS3 and it seems no one is getting this birthday pack.  But I can make a new one for my daughter, her birthday is on Tuesday and link it to my phone and see if she happens to be a lucky receiver.

"No I didn't say you were dumb, I just called you mentally retarded.  If I thought you were dumb, you wouldn't have an excuse."
rednotdead
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: 2010 September 27, 08:02:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You will only get the birthday pack if you are in the USA.
Sanyia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: 2010 September 27, 13:46:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My birthday is Thursday, if I used my correct birthday (which I don't remember if I did) to register I will share the gift if I actually get something other than % off.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: 2010 September 27, 13:49:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I copy/pasted from Drakron's thread. And then I tried a few variations. I usually use spell checker as well, for the same reason. I'm not a native speaker of English either. However, spell checker wouldn't have helped in case of a made-up word, and the store gave me an error page. So I took the gamble and posted. And then made the stupid mistake of writing a thank-you post.

By the way, Jeromecraig, it should be "the feeble ones like Lissy's" - the mind, feeble though it may be, is something I possess, not something I am.

Touché.  It would have been more impressive if you had spelled my name correctly, but still, I stand corrected.  Copy/pasting Dark Ron's ramblings is never a good idea.  That's how misogyny and anime fapping spread.

JaneCrayon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: 2010 September 27, 14:34:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You will only get the birthday pack if you are in the USA.
Oh, how dear of them. Just "a bit" nationalistic...
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: