More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:10:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2152037 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #575 on: 2010 September 25, 11:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ Fizzy: yes, I did read it, but couldn't contribute with anything useful, I'm afraid.  Undecided
So you made a post to reply to Fizzy why?

@ littlehead: Well I appreciated your nice way of writing, even if it's not at all popular here.
Ha, your Freudian slip is showing. 'Nice' writing is not merely 'not at all popular' here, Miss Daffy Airhead, but positively verboten. MOAR FIGHT! is the order of the day. Which bit of that, is the bit you don't understand? Do elucidate.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Fizzy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: 2010 September 25, 13:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So at least friggen quote it so's we don't have to trawl back for it.

Sorry, I didn't think of it, but I should have. Thank you for doing it for me. Smiley
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: 2010 September 25, 13:17:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not hard to see why Claeric is pissed off constantly.

OH NO SHE DI'IN'T!

Claeric is constantly pissed off for several reasons, poppet:

• He expected to be the Hero of the Hour here when his toolishness got him banned from MTS.  This did not happen, mainly because just being an asshole doesn't cut it around here.  You have to be an interesting asshole.
  • He hates women.
  • No matter how he tries to spin it, he can't make us UNREMEMBER his request to enable incestuous father/son gay marriage in Awesomemod.
  • He spends a great deal of time defending EA.  People around here spend a great deal of time distrusting and shit-talking EA.  You do the math.
  • He is a Shouty Vole.

Claeric is not an accurate barometer of the MATY Experience.  He is more of a cautionary tale of What Not To Do.

@ Fizzy: yes, I did read it, but couldn't contribute with anything useful, I'm afraid.  Undecided
Like that's a change.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
JaneCrayon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: 2010 September 25, 15:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does somebody have JC Penney set for share? It's quite old and it was free on the Store, but now all torrents and links are dead...
JaneCrayon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: 2010 September 25, 15:38:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does somebody have JC Penney set for share? It's quite old and it was free on the Store, but now all torrents and links are dead...

I'll be nice this time, you actually don't need the JCP set, it's just recolors of stuff you already have. But if you must....HERE.
Thx. There is a new pattern that I didn't see anywhere else, other items are quite familiar to me.
nosoupforyou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: 2010 September 25, 15:45:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did anyone get those bloody live nation sets? A search only came up with posts on how crappy the items are  Grin
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: 2010 September 25, 15:55:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did anyone get those bloody live nation sets? A search only came up with posts on how crappy the items are  Grin

If you go back far enough I believe the Shakira ones were posted. Buts that's all I recall seeing.
JaneCrayon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: 2010 September 25, 16:30:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did anyone get those bloody live nation sets? A search only came up with posts on how crappy the items are  Grin

If you go back far enough I believe the Shakira ones were posted. Buts that's all I recall seeing.
AFAIK only Shakira poster was posted, 'cause it was free for short time. I don't know anyone bought them, because they're poor quality...

And by the way... Did anybody claim Birthday set? According to MTS forum, it's linked to your birthday and EA would send you a code...
« Last Edit: 2010 September 25, 16:46:55 by JaneCrayon » Logged
TaterTots
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: 2010 September 25, 17:21:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been searching for the birthday set as well. Had my birthday 9/02 and I didn't receive it. But for all I can remember, I may not have given my real birthday, so one day it may just show up. If it does soon, I post it.
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: 2010 September 25, 19:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My real birthday is up there and I am a member, but no one sent me a birthday code. Are we sure this isn't mythological?
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: 2010 September 25, 19:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

have you read any posts by Pescado? If you have then you know that he would do that just for the sake of doing it. LOL. but I did find this

NEW UPDATE
Can now compress and decompress Sims3Packs directly.

EXPERIMENTAL "DECRAPIFY" OPTION!
Invoke with "s3rc -fD" (fixonly, decrapify) OR "decrapify" (drag/drop FOR TARDS). Should fix all busted s3packs that don't install correctly in the launcher, like those old TSR ones.
Caveats:
1. Permanently and irreversibly alters the target package/s3pack. Due to the type of damage involved, the game will see the decrapified object as a seperate object from a non-decrapified object. Any saved game that used these objects or skins will be broken as a result, but...
2. If you decrapify objects, you must decrapify all of your SAVED GAMES (.nhd & .packages in your .sims3), PRESETS (userPresets.package), and LIBRARY.
3. DECRAPIFIED saved or exported items containing CRAPIFIED content will malfunction in a non-decrapified install.
4. THIS PROCEDURE IS EXPERIMENTAL!
5. decrapify exe requires s3rc exe to be accessible on path.

THEREFORE:
Do not share decrapified packages, only share original unmodified packages.
"decrapify" not available for Linux, because Linux users are not stupid enough to need it and can just use -fD by hand.

I personally don't understand why you shouldn't, but then again I don't care, I know how to decrap.

Um...did you actually read the bit where he comes out and says that if you have decrapified files in your non-decrapidied save game that it will become a pile of slag? We don't share decrapified files because IT WILL CRASH ANY GAME ITS PUT INTO that does not have decrapified saves. It's not being nice to the dumb, its being mean to them. Make them learn to use the incredibly, mind-numbingly, simple procedure and then their game will not crash on them just because you gave them a file that was incompatible with their game.
JaneCrayon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: 2010 September 25, 19:41:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My real birthday is up there and I am a member, but no one sent me a birthday code. Are we sure this isn't mythological?
Have you got your real birthday on their page? I have, but my b'day are in March and maybe it is just for some countries (like USA and Canada or something). So we must just wait and try.
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: 2010 September 25, 19:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some people on MTS and the official forums have reported receiving the birthday set. You apparently have to have "I would like to receive info on The Sims/EA products, community news and activities" checked in your My Account > Site Preferences section. The set only started being sent out in August so if your birthday was before that you have to wait until it comes around again.
littlehouse
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: 2010 September 25, 21:14:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In fact, they even enjoy smileys and I believe have a 'bene' system, which is probably what you were thinking of when you clicked the 'Thanks' in error. Fucking sheeple.

Actually, I don't frequent the BBS, but I do read some of the illiterate nonsense. I'm not quite as low as responding to it, though. That didn't really have anything to do with accidentally pressing the 'Thanks' button. It is right next to the quote button, and it's not a hard mistake to make.

I think I get what you're saying. Essentially I'm too "nice" to be here. I could go over the FAQ again if that would make you happy. However, being "nice" didn't have anything to do with "sticking out" so much as it had to do with trying to not make enemies. I GET NOW that it is the polar opposite around here.

With that said, I guess it's time to go back and lurk for four more years. But don't worry, when I encounter you again, I promise I won't be nice.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: 2010 September 25, 22:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In fact, they even enjoy smileys and I believe have a 'bene' system, which is probably what you were thinking of when you clicked the 'Thanks' in error. Fucking sheeple.

Actually, I don't frequent the BBS, but I do read some of the illiterate nonsense. I'm not quite as low as responding to it, though. That didn't really have anything to do with accidentally pressing the 'Thanks' button. It is right next to the quote button, and it's not a hard mistake to make.

I think I get what you're saying. Essentially I'm too "nice" to be here. I could go over the FAQ again if that would make you happy. However, being "nice" didn't have anything to do with "sticking out" so much as it had to do with trying to not make enemies. I GET NOW that it is the polar opposite around here.

With that said, I guess it's time to go back and lurk for four more years. But don't worry, when I encounter you again, I promise I won't be nice.

I tremble in an-tic-i-PA-tion.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: 2010 September 25, 22:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tremble in an-tic-i-PA-tion.

But MAYBE THE RAIN...  is really to blame.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Simulate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: 2010 September 25, 22:18:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there actually a very good reason for that? Sorry for my idiocy, but could I actually get in trouble for linking people to that?

There is a very good reason. If the decrappify program needs to be updated! for what ever reason (i.e. ongoing development.) It is unlikely that files put through a previous version would work  - even after being decrappified again. You would need the base file.

Noobs, who had used a decrapped file, would then flood the forums with lots of whinny posts - "I'm a noob, please help me etc.  Awesome does not work etc."

So do not post links to decrapped files.

EDIT: If you had searched MOAR  you would know this.

J. M. Pescado: "Closing this one as an ID: 10T error."
pirat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: 2010 September 25, 23:48:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WOW!!! 100 post's for the exact answer.  Shocked

Thank's Simulate.
« Last Edit: 2010 September 25, 23:54:37 by pirat » Logged
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: 2010 September 26, 01:35:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a very good reason. If the decrappify program needs to be updated! for what ever reason (i.e. ongoing development.) It is unlikely that files put through a previous version would work  - even after being decrappified again. You would need the base file.

I dont think that is much of issue, if it worked then it worked ... its not going to stop working unless the Launcher is changed again and then everything will stop working.

The main problem is people that had previous store content done "the old way" and have lost it due to the Launcher upgrade and if they decrappify they might run into issues with saved games so they must be aware of the steps to take, also people might confuse decrappified versions with the untouched one and use it for the .package extraction method.

Besides it does teaches people to be a bit responsible for what they put in their own system as they have to make the extra step instead of going on a download spree ... not that it really helps because I already seen people giving wrong information.

Noobs, who had used a decrapped file, would then flood the forums with lots of whinny posts - "I'm a noob, please help me etc.  Awesome does not work etc."

You know, it would HELP if people did not try to pass incorrect information, chances of decrappify Store content screw up things like core game mechanics seem to be little to none because as far as I know nobody reported such critical failure, I think it MIGHT screw up Sims and lots were previous store content was lost and replaced by decrappified content but then again its not as failsafes are not installed in the game to prevent that from happening since TS2 (as they did happened in TS1)

The reason I dont like decrappified content being share is simple, people would NOT share the original versions but the decrappified ones, I have no problem with people sharing decrappified versions as long the original version is/was made available and its clearly labeled as such ... if someone wants to try those, they could go right ahead as its not MY job to protect people from risks and guess want? even if we tell then "decrappify on your own" they can still fuck it up AND then complain about it.

OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: 2010 September 26, 06:18:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's this BBS everyone keeps bringing up?
Daphoenyx
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: 2010 September 26, 09:12:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um...did you actually read the bit where he comes out and says that if you have decrapified files in your non-decrapidied save game that it will become a pile of slag? We don't share decrapified files because IT WILL CRASH ANY GAME ITS PUT INTO that does not have decrapified saves.
Using decrapified files with non-decrapified saved games never crashed my game; the objects were simply replaced with non-store stuff.
Acid_fairy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: 2010 September 26, 13:09:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never decrapified before so I followed the instructions here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18408.msg535029.html#msg535029
and BB showed up fine, but since I did all this my game is running really slow. Taking the piss slow.

I will do a reinstall if it can't be fixed, but it'd be nice to know what I did do wrong so I don't repeat my retardedness. Somebody mentioned earlier to not decrapify anything that had nothing to do with the store, but surely putting all those files just in "My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3", it's going to decrapify some stuff I didn't need to, yes? Is that where I fucked up?
JaneCrayon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: 2010 September 26, 13:21:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just some random crap. I care only for bear.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: 2010 September 26, 13:49:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BBS is short for Bulletin Board System.

Here people use it because The Sims 1 and The Sims 2 official site did not had a message board but a BBS, at least the US site so they keep calling it that despite NOT being a BBS but a Message Board.

I do not blame you for not knowing what a BBS is, when I come online the BBSs pretty much had vanished at that point and it was odd seeing TS2 keep using it as TS3 adapted a message board so when people are talking about the BBS they are likely talking about the Official The Sims 3 Forum, even if that is WRONG[/b] and they should have know better if they were as smart as they claim instead of just being S-M-R-T little sheep.

algonquin
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: 2010 September 26, 13:56:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never decrapified before so I followed the instructions here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18408.msg535029.html#msg535029
and BB showed up fine, but since I did all this my game is running really slow. Taking the piss slow.

I will do a reinstall if it can't be fixed, but it'd be nice to know what I did do wrong so I don't repeat my retardedness. Somebody mentioned earlier to not decrapify anything that had nothing to do with the store, but surely putting all those files just in "My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3", it's going to decrapify some stuff I didn't need to, yes? Is that where I fucked up?

I had that happen and what I think i did was, i managed to decrapify perfectly good .package files in the mod sub-folder in my documents that was added with ambitions. not only that but it seemed to decrapify the DCbackups as well. 

What i ended up doing was clearing out the DCBackups and re downloading all the packages i had in my mod sub-folder, ended up running smoothly after that.

to avoid doing it in the future, either decrapify one by one or temporarily move your packages to another folder outside of my documents while you batch decrapify then clear out your DCBackups.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: