More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:40:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2152378 times)
littlehouse
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #525 on: 2010 September 24, 05:26:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm.. if 5.0 is the most recent patch, then I am up to date.

Actually, it's possible that I have not been decrapifying properly. I'll read up on it more and try again. I appreciate the help.

Edit/ This is really marvelous. I've tried another decrapifying method that I've found (and surprise!- it is the right way) and it's now working and the thumbnail is showing up. I recommend the Compressorizer Redux method to anybody who was having the problem I had.
« Last Edit: 2010 September 24, 05:36:48 by littlehouse » Logged
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: 2010 September 24, 05:44:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit/ This is really marvelous. I've tried another decrapifying method that I've found (and surprise!- it is the right way) and it's now working and the thumbnail is showing up. I recommend the Compressorizer Redux method to anybody who was having the problem I had.
There is really no difference what so ever between redux and just using the decrapifier from here and the method linked here before, by myself or others, except for a shiny screen. Is it possible that your decrapifier.exe was old?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
littlehouse
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: 2010 September 24, 05:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, it is more likely that I was just doing it wrong to begin with.

I had the newest version of decrapifier installed. It was the one I used with the compressor.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: 2010 September 24, 06:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found that I haven't made any mistakes since I started using the .cmd file and letting the compressor and decrapifier run on auto. Before, I had been forgetting which file I was on when doing large batches, or having to split the batch into smaller portions. Have you ever made a s3rcBatch.cmd file? The instructions for that was in the link I posted a few posts back. If Dedux is working for you though, I suppose it doesn't matter.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
littlehouse
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: 2010 September 24, 06:38:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually did have a .cmd file made, but I wasn't using it when I was "decrapifying". For some reason I was under the impression that I didn't need it.
JaneCrayon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: 2010 September 24, 12:38:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally got working BBay in my game. Not worth 16 bucks. Does someone have reff. items?
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: 2010 September 24, 13:16:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually did have a .cmd file made, but I wasn't using it when I was "decrapifying". For some reason I was under the impression that I didn't need it.

The .cmd is the only way I can install compressed/decrapified Sims3Packs. Put it all in a folder and the S3Ps, double click the .cmd and success. Very easy.

Has anyone put Am-mid-hawk hair store here already?
http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:23626&categoryId=11959&scategoryId=11974&pcategoryId=11973&ppcategoryId=11973&gender=male&startAt=0
I found aikea's retex but it need the original hair aswell.

I may be wrong, but when I used Aikea's edits on decrapified Store items, they do not work in my game. The mesh is missing and leave the sim without a body or missing a scalp.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: 2010 September 24, 13:50:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may be wrong, but when I used Aikea's edits on decrapified Store items, they do not work in my game. The mesh is missing and leave the sim without a body or missing a scalp.

Once an item is decrapified, TS3 treats it as an entirely new and different item from the original file, so mods for the original crapified file probably aren't going to work.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
igottapi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: 2010 September 24, 14:48:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok Just heard that the Divalicious! set gives you 300 points. Not that bad I have to say.
ascarrott
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: 2010 September 24, 17:34:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try decrapifying Aikea's edited package and putting it in a override folder.
« Last Edit: 2010 September 24, 19:49:37 by ascarrott » Logged
runesong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: 2010 September 24, 19:33:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, is there any other solution for this BB problem than trying and trying or playing with strange named sims and lots?

Decrapify it properly, then double click it, the in game installer will install, then play the game. It's not hard. And just to shut you up I wrote a tutorial for a different forum HERE. Now remember, don't fuck it up and you might have to sign up to see it.

I'm so technically challenged that I have been afraid to try the decrapifier, instead I have just waited until someone decrapified the files and then posted them.  I saw this message yesterday and decided to give it a try.  Wow!!!  Thank you so much.  It was as easy as you said it would be!  Oh, and it worked...
ascarrott
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: 2010 September 24, 19:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once an item is decrapified, TS3 treats it as an entirely new and different item from the original file, so mods for the original crapified file probably aren't going to work.

If you decrapify mods for store objects they work like, The Sims 3 Recategorizer's store packages http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=382062.
But what ever you do, DO NOT decrapify package files that are not store related!
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: 2010 September 24, 20:25:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just have a quick question. Normally I just install store cc as .packages so I've never messed with decrapify before, but since I want Barnacle Bay to show up properly, I'm planning to do it for just that one file. I did some searching and found instructions on how to decrapify, but I'm curious about the part where it says to decrapify the save files, presets, etc. and I'm wondering if it's necessary in my case? It wasn't mentioned in all the tutorials I found, and when it was, it wasn't explained very clearly why you had to do it or if you had to in all cases. I don't have any other store cc that's not in .package form and I don't plan on installing anything other than neighborhoods in Sims3Pack form in the future.
ascarrott
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: 2010 September 24, 21:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are only installing Barnacle Bay, then you do not need to decrapify your saves, library and saved sims or userpresets.package . You only need to do this is you are changing from un-decrapified store stuff to decrapified store stuff as this fixes the missing object/clothes/hair problems.
I will update my tutorial to make this more clear to people.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: 2010 September 24, 21:24:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are only installing Barnacle Bay, then you do not need to decrapify your saves, library and saved sims or userpresets.package . You only need to do this is you are changing from un-decrapified store stuff to decrapified store stuff as this fixes the missing object/clothes/hair problems.
I will update my tutorial to make this more clear to people.

Thanks. I kind of was thinking that was the case, but I just wanted to make sure before I messed something up.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: 2010 September 24, 23:03:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try decrapifying Aikea's edited package and putting it in a override folder.

Not understanding the override folder, haven't seen anything in search. Maybe I missed it.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
MegAnne
Knuckleheaded Knob

ENTP - Provider of graveside services

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: 2010 September 24, 23:29:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not understanding the override folder, haven't seen anything in search. Maybe I missed it.
When you organize your packages under Mods, you can choose to create an Override folder with a priority higher than the folder with the normal packages. Just search resource.cfg.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -- Robert A. Heinlein
ascarrott
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: 2010 September 24, 23:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically make a new folder in your The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder called Overrides and open you resource.cfg and add this line to the top:

Priority 501
PackedFile Packages/Overrides/*.package

This will make the packages in the overrides folder, override the store objects in .dbc or any other content.
I can remember reading about it some where (MTS maybe).
Zexion
Asinine Airhead

Naughty pet! Naughty!

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: 2010 September 25, 01:46:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(After compressor) ok I found out I was completely using the wrong tool for decrapifiy, but when I use decrapifiy.exe do I just put the sims3pack in the folder with it and then run it?

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18408.msg535029.html#msg535029
Follow instructions there. If you are still having trouble with the .world file showing up, then take the world file from the InstalledWorlds(even if it isn't showing up it is probable that it did install), go into your Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds and drop the .world file in there.

ok I put the file in the same folder as decrapify.exe and dragged it over the .exe and then dragged it into the window, then installed the world and it is now working 100% thanks so much MATY friends!
littlehouse
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: 2010 September 25, 02:38:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anybody actually want Barnacle Bay in a package/world file? I would be happy to try doing it, but I wouldn't know if it worked.
Fizzy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: 2010 September 25, 03:17:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok something weird just happened..

I started playing BBay last night. I installed it via the launcher after decrapifying with Compressorizer Redux. I have done this with all store content with great success. Anyway, Last night, I saved a BBay game using 'Save As' and then quit the game. Tonight I started that saved game back up and everything seemed fine. After some decorating I saved the game. Before it finished saving the game crashed. There was no warning at all.. it just completely disappeared instantly.. just gone in a second. My computer was fine and it seemed like I never even had the game running just a second ago. Ok I've seen this once in a blue moon and usually it's no big deal. The weird thing is that when I restarted the game and went to reload the BBay saved game it was completely gone. I checked in my saves folder and it's not there either. All my other saves are fine.

I have no idea why this happened. I wonder if it happened cause it crashed while it was saving or if it's a new way EA is trying to defeat the pirrrrrates.. lol Roll Eyes
Smarties
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: 2010 September 25, 03:38:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok Just got the Divalicious set, Ill post the other when I get it later Smiley

http://www.mediafire.com/?lh67grt58pwpz4o

Thank you Wink

Is it all right if you put worlds as .package files?
I'm really scared about decrapifying it...Barnacle Bay
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: 2010 September 25, 04:04:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it all right if you put worlds as .package files?
I'm really scared about decrapifying it...Barnacle Bay

Suck it up.  If you want Barnacle Bay, you're going to either have to pay for it or put on your Big Kid Pants and learn how to decrapify.  Trust me when I tell you, A) It really is not worth the amount you'd have to pay to get the Simpoints for it; and B) the steps you'd have to take to make a .package world work in your game are more complicated than simply decrapifying the damn thing and installing it.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
igottapi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: 2010 September 25, 04:11:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Decrapifying is way too easy. I did the text thing and all i need to do is put the 3 files and the sims stuff and thats it, in second I have funtional stuff.
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: 2010 September 25, 04:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, is there any other solution for this BB problem than trying and trying or playing with strange named sims and lots?

Decrapify it properly, then double click it, the in game installer will install, then play the game. It's not hard. And just to shut you up I wrote a tutorial for a different forum HERE. Now remember, don't fuck it up and you might have to sign up to see it.

I'm so technically challenged that I have been afraid to try the decrapifier, instead I have just waited until someone decrapified the files and then posted them.  I saw this message yesterday and decided to give it a try.  Wow!!!  Thank you so much.  It was as easy as you said it would be!  Oh, and it worked...

thanks, at least some people know how to follow instructions.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: