More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:48:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2152028 times)
Zexion
Asinine Airhead

Naughty pet! Naughty!

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #500 on: 2010 September 23, 19:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The other problem with that method is how every name is displayed. They look something like like: Game/TS3/Worlds/Riverview/Sims/Don /Game/TS3/Worlds/Riverview/Sims/Lothlario.

Looks like that for every sim, lot, ect. Which is why decrapifying is better if you want the world instead of just the special stuff in the world. But, there's other quirks with decrapifying that one might prefer package format for. Such as: If you share decorated lots/sims. If you use crapified content, everyone can use your stuff. People who decrapify, just decrapify your files. If you use decrapified stuff, you can't share with anyone who doesn't also use decrapified content. This is probably why some MTS2 sims were pulled a while ago. Also. Decrapified stuff packages itself with your lots, which makes lot sizes larger than needed, and can result in duplicated content.

Unless there's a reverse decrapify method I'm unaware of anyway.

So what are the actual steps for decrapifiying, or when your saving the file do you save it as a sims3pack instead of .package coming from s3pe?
Phthon
Blathering Buffoon

Death is but the next great adventure.

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 2010 September 23, 19:45:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a moot point for me. I don't share sims or lots or anything like that. I have no interest in doing so. I play the game so that I can spend time in a pointless and mindless manner for a little while before getting back into the tediousness of RL.

[Edited to fix typo]

I thought about being born again, but my mother refused.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #502 on: 2010 September 23, 19:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The other problem with that method is how every name is displayed. They look something like like: Game/TS3/Worlds/Riverview/Sims/Don /Game/TS3/Worlds/Riverview/Sims/Lothlario.

Looks like that for every sim, lot, ect. Which is why decrapifying is better if you want the world instead of just the special stuff in the world. But, there's other quirks with decrapifying that one might prefer package format for. Such as: If you share decorated lots/sims. If you use crapified content, everyone can use your stuff. People who decrapify, just decrapify your files. If you use decrapified stuff, you can't share with anyone who doesn't also use decrapified content. This is probably why some MTS2 sims were pulled a while ago. Also. Decrapified stuff packages itself with your lots, which makes lot sizes larger than needed, and can result in duplicated content.

So what are the actual steps for decrapifiying, or when your saving the file do you save it as a sims3pack instead of .package coming from s3pe?

er, what?

Decrapify is simple. Download file. Compress file. Decrapify file. Install file. Continue repeating last 3 steps until it works.

Other method is: Download file. Compress file. Extract file. Figure out what package is what. Drop world file in with Sunset Valley after changing it to .world. Merge other packages with whatever store packages you already have.

2nd method always works the first time in my experience, unless you merge things wrong. But it requires knowledge of S3PE, which might stump the lazy, or the incompetent.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Zexion
Asinine Airhead

Naughty pet! Naughty!

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: 2010 September 23, 19:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

er, what?

Decrapify is simple. Download file. Compress file. Decrapify file. Install file. Continue repeating last 3 steps until it works.

Other method is: Download file. Compress file. Extract file. Figure out what package is what. Drop world file in with Sunset Valley after changing it to .world. Merge other packages with whatever store packages you already have.

2nd method always works the first time in my experience, unless you merge things wrong. But it requires knowledge of S3PE, which might stump the lazy, or the incompetent.

EDIT

(After compressor) ok I found out I was completely using the wrong tool for decrapifiy, but when I use decrapifiy.exe do I just put the sims3pack in the folder with it and then run it?
« Last Edit: 2010 September 23, 20:03:06 by Zexion » Logged
JaneCrayon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: 2010 September 23, 19:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, is there any other solution for this BB problem than trying and trying or playing with strange named sims and lots?
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #505 on: 2010 September 23, 20:35:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Buy it?

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 2010 September 23, 20:56:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, is there any other solution for this BB problem than trying and trying or playing with strange named sims and lots?

Decrapify it properly, then double click it, the in game installer will install, then play the game. It's not hard. And just to shut you up I wrote a tutorial for a different forum HERE. Now remember, don't fuck it up and you might have to sign up to see it.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 2010 September 23, 21:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(After compressor) ok I found out I was completely using the wrong tool for decrapifiy, but when I use decrapifiy.exe do I just put the sims3pack in the folder with it and then run it?

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18408.msg535029.html#msg535029
Follow instructions there. If you are still having trouble with the .world file showing up, then take the world file from the InstalledWorlds(even if it isn't showing up it is probable that it did install), go into your Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds and drop the .world file in there.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
igottapi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: 2010 September 23, 22:04:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just installed it and well.... Really? $16 for this? I think not. Its kind of cute but thats about it.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: 2010 September 23, 22:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ATTENTION, EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS INSTALLING THE NEW BARNACLE BAY WORLD

I decrapified and installed it in my game without any problems.

That is all.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: 2010 September 23, 23:17:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe this will make SOME of the whiners shut up and go away.

Have you updated your decrapifier? Hmm? Well, have you?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: 2010 September 23, 23:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone bought the Buccaneer's Bounty set? I've got the 700 points that requires.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 2010 September 23, 23:24:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simsbaby, the Buccaneer's Bounty was bought the day the store updated for September.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: 2010 September 23, 23:27:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Opps. Oh, well don't expect much better than that from me. I keep forgetting to check whenever EA updates the store and haven't been able to spend any points.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 2010 September 23, 23:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simsbaby, 2 weeks from today (Thursday) the store will update for October.  Check back then at see what needs to be bought.
Old_Wrinkle_Ass
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: 2010 September 24, 00:26:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone put Am-mid-hawk hair store here already?
http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:23626&categoryId=11959&scategoryId=11974&pcategoryId=11973&ppcategoryId=11973&gender=male&startAt=0
I found aikea's retex but it need the original hair aswell.
igottapi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 2010 September 24, 00:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well we do still need the 2 new bundle sets but how to get them is the Q lol, I think a person can get them without a refer but no idea if you also get the points free. I do wonder if we will get another bundle gifts for october or if this one will count as the bundle gifts for october.
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: 2010 September 24, 00:39:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How it works is that someone with a registered account (A) gives a referral link to another person with a registered account (B) who has never bought SimPoints before. B then buys a point bundle of $10 (to get the Quarterback/Cheerleader set) or $20 (to get the Divalicious set) and the set shows up in both A and B's account histories to download. A also gets a bonus of 100 SimPoints (for the $10 bundle) or 300 SimPoints (for the $20 bundle). Then A has to refer another person who has never bought SimPoints in order to get the other set. It's really quite ridiculous.
littlehouse
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 2010 September 24, 03:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm probably just an idiot, but Barnacle Bay's icon isn't showing up for me in the launcher. I always decrapify before I move it to the downloads folder. Anyway, whenever any item doesn't show up, there is always an error when I download and it says it failed to install, and it says to be sure that the game is up to date. I know an outdated game isn't my problem because it isn't outdated..

Does anybody know what causes this iconlessness? It isn't blank completely, but it does show a box. I'm not sure how to get rid of that, or how to get Barnacle to work in my game. I'm kind of pissed because I read that the Caliente sisters would be in the new neighborhood, so it was probably worth checking out. I'm probably a disgrace when it comes to pirating, but I do have my share of experiences and I have read up about a lot (such as decrapifying) on MATY.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 2010 September 24, 04:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By "icon", do you mean "thumbnail"?

If so, sometimes decrapifying will keep the thumbnail from displaying in the launcher.  If Barnacle Bay shows up on your main menu as an available neighborhood to play, it's installed correctly, regardless of what the launcher might be doing.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
igottapi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 2010 September 24, 04:23:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How it works is that someone with a registered account (A) gives a referral link to another person with a registered account (B) who has never bought SimPoints before. B then buys a point bundle of $10 (to get the Quarterback/Cheerleader set) or $20 (to get the Divalicious set) and the set shows up in both A and B's account histories to download. A also gets a bonus of 100 SimPoints (for the $10 bundle) or 300 SimPoints (for the $20 bundle). Then A has to refer another person who has never bought SimPoints in order to get the other set. It's really quite ridiculous.

Jesus what a messy pain  Undecided Hopefully someone gets them, they are actually quite cute.
rednotdead
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: 2010 September 24, 05:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone put Am-mid-hawk hair store here already?
http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:23626&categoryId=11959&scategoryId=11974&pcategoryId=11973&ppcategoryId=11973&gender=male&startAt=0
I found aikea's retex but it need the original hair aswell.

Its part of the Loud, Fast, Clash! set so yes its already in this topic.
littlehouse
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: 2010 September 24, 05:18:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By "icon", do you mean "thumbnail"?

If so, sometimes decrapifying will keep the thumbnail from displaying in the launcher.  If Barnacle Bay shows up on your main menu as an available neighborhood to play, it's installed correctly, regardless of what the launcher might be doing.

I do. But my problem is that I can't get it to install without the thumbnail.. for whatever reason. I guess you don't need me to tell you the launcher is gay, but it is.

I have a feeling this one is going to give me a really hard time. Any suggestions?
Phthon
Blathering Buffoon

Death is but the next great adventure.

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: 2010 September 24, 05:20:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try decrapifying it again. Make sure you are decrapifying properly. It does work.

I thought about being born again, but my mother refused.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 2010 September 24, 05:22:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do have to be patched all the way up to the most recent patch before you can install BB.  You are patched, right?

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: