More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:13:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2152084 times)
Zexion
Asinine Airhead

Naughty pet! Naughty!

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #475 on: 2010 September 23, 16:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Problem with Barnacle Bay... I cannot install it in launcher. I decrapyfied *.sims3pack, put it into downloads folder and installed through launcher and then closed it. But when I launched that stupid launcher again, Barnacle Bay wasn't installed and it isn't in game. What did they do with that tool of E(A)vil? I can't install any of *.sims3packs...

I have been bypassing the launcher for many moon now, I just use the packages system right now and actually it works out well, I put my packages in The Sims 3 folder under My Computer, and use the one under My Documents for hacks/mods/etc, I don't even think I use the launcher for anything but starting the game and deleting accidentally taken photos.

P.S. Does anyone have the new world in a .package format?
Adelajde
Asinine Airhead

I hate EA

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 2010 September 23, 16:00:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have heard that Barnacle Bay can be vacation destination but how?
JaneCrayon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 2010 September 23, 16:05:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been bypassing the launcher for many moon now, I just use the packages system right now and actually it works out well, I put my packages in The Sims 3 folder under My Computer, and use the one under My Documents for hacks/mods/etc, I don't even think I use the launcher for anything but starting the game and deleting accidentally taken photos.

That's the prob, it's not recommended to use worlds in .packages... Other things I got in packages, but not worlds.
Zexion
Asinine Airhead

Naughty pet! Naughty!

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 2010 September 23, 16:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the prob, it's not recommended to use worlds in .packages... Other things I got in packages, but not worlds.

Then perhaps we are both in a pickle, I have not been able to install sims3packs from the store in months @_@
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 2010 September 23, 16:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AFAIK, the only way to do it is using the decrapify tool. Not sure if legally purchased store items will install in S3P form without being decrapified or not.

I sing along with elevator music.
JaneCrayon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: 2010 September 23, 16:57:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AFAIK, the only way to do it is using the decrapify tool. Not sure if legally purchased store items will install in S3P form without being decrapified or not.
I got them decrapified, but it doesn't install anyway. Ugh, I hate sims3packs. It's just the way how EA pisses off users.
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: 2010 September 23, 18:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got them decrapified, but it doesn't install anyway. Ugh, I hate sims3packs. It's just the way how EA pisses off users.

It's not EA that pisses you off, it's your inability to read and execute instructions.
JaneCrayon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 2010 September 23, 18:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not EA that pisses you off, it's your inability to read and execute instructions.
So tell me clever one, what am I doing wrong?
Phthon
Blathering Buffoon

Death is but the next great adventure.

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 2010 September 23, 18:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what you are doing wrong. It is working for me.

I thought about being born again, but my mother refused.
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 2010 September 23, 18:25:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what you are doing wrong. It is working for me.

Well your first mistake was coming here and crying about how EA is making it so hard for you to pirate their stuff. Boo Hoo. Everyone else has figured it out, go read a tutorial or two and try again.
JaneCrayon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: 2010 September 23, 18:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well your first mistake was coming here and crying about how EA is making it so hard for you to pirate their stuff. Boo Hoo. Everyone else has figured it out, go read a tutorial or two and try again.
Yeah of course. Not everyone else. Links on your clever tutorials, clever one?
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: 2010 September 23, 18:33:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah of course. Not everyone else. Links on your clever tutorials, clever one?

A. It's called google. B. You're retarded if you think I'm going to do the work for you....you're probably retarded anyways.
JaneCrayon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: 2010 September 23, 18:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A. It's called google. B. You're retarded if you think I'm going to do the work for you....you're probably retarded anyways.
I'm not the retarded person here. It's you. But I wasn't expecting any help from people like u, don't worry.
Daphoenyx
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: 2010 September 23, 18:42:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@JaneCrayon
I don't know if this will help, but the first time I tried installing Barnacle Bay (after decrapifying it), it acted like it wasn't decrapified (so EA message telling that it was installed but no symbol next to it in the launcher showing that it was indeed installed). So I re-decrapified it, and this time it worked!
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: 2010 September 23, 18:44:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not the retarded person here. It's you. But I wasn't expecting any help from people like u, don't worry.

Well I'm done arguing with you, I'm off to play a new game in Barnacle Bay, have fun trying to figure that one out. TTFN

EDIT: And just to further prove my point that you don't know how to follow instructions. While we were arguing I was downloading the new town. Which means I haven't even installed it yet while I was calling you out. Can you guess what happened after I decrapped it and installed it through the installer? It worked, that;s what.
« Last Edit: 2010 September 23, 18:58:16 by OmegaStarr » Logged
TaterTots
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 2010 September 23, 18:56:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decrapified Barnacle Bay and installed no problems at all. I can't imagine why some have problems with this, it's too easy.
Not sure if legally purchased store items will install in S3P form without being decrapified or not.

I don't decrapify items I have bought from the store, only the items I get here. Everything installs fine and shows up fine.
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 2010 September 23, 18:59:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decrapified Barnacle Bay and installed no problems at all. I can't imagine why some have problems with this, it's too easy.
Not sure if legally purchased store items will install in S3P form without being decrapified or not.

I don't decrapify items I have bought from the store, only the items I get here. Everything installs fine and shows up fine.

and why would you? Those work.
Zexion
Asinine Airhead

Naughty pet! Naughty!

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 2010 September 23, 19:01:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having similar issues, with a BB .package in my mods folder, ok please tell me if I am doing this right..

First I get the S3P file and run it through the compressor, next I move the file to a folder and use delphys multi extractor installer and have all the files go into another folder,  next I use s3pe and create a new project,  then import all the files as a .package, then check the compress button, next I let them import and save the entire thing as a .package.

Am I missing a step?

Whisper
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 2010 September 23, 19:26:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Decrapified Barnacle Bay is not behaving properly.
"Barnacle Bay.Sims3Pack: Installation failed: Please make sure your game has the latest Software Updates and try again."
I'm on v.5.0.44. and can not seem to find any newer patches, thou I might be temporarily blinded from watching pictures of Barnacle Bay.

Right, so... What could I be doing wrong?

I'm very int... inn... itell... I'm FUCKING SMART! OK???
Phthon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 2010 September 23, 19:26:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having similar issues, with a BB .package in my mods folder, ok please tell me if I am doing this right..

First I get the S3P file and run it through the compressor, next I move the file to a folder and use delphys multi extractor installer and have all the files go into another folder,  next I use s3pe and create a new project,  then import all the files as a .package, then check the compress button, next I let them import and save the entire thing as a .package.

Am I missing a step?
Worlds don't work in package format.

OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: 2010 September 23, 19:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I missing a step?

It sounds right. But my question is: if you know how to decrapify why are you still using package files? That was only a temporary fix to the update that borked the installer from installing pirated store packs. And I think what everyone who is packaging BB is forgetting is that you have to manually add the .world file to your installed worlds folder, just like with riverview. Or something like that.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #496 on: 2010 September 23, 19:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Worlds don't work in package format.

They do actually. It's just annoying to work with, and you need to drop them in the same folder than Sunset Valley is installed in. After changing the file extension from .package to .world.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Zexion
Asinine Airhead

Naughty pet! Naughty!

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: 2010 September 23, 19:31:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I missing a step?

It sounds right. But my question is: if you know how to decrapify why are you still using package files? That was only a temporary fix to the update that borked the installer from installing pirated store packs. And I think what everyone who is packaging BB is forgetting is that you have to manually add the .world file to your installed worlds folder, just like with riverview. Or something like that.

Thats a good question, we can now install with the launcher again, because when I do it now it never shows up in the game.
Phthon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: 2010 September 23, 19:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They do actually. It's just annoying to work with, and you need to drop them in the same folder than Sunset Valley is installed in. After changing the file extension from .package to .world.

Thanks for letting me know. I haven't used package files on the store stuff in a very long time. Besides, that sounds like a very tedious and time consuming way to do it...and probably not a good method for some of the moronic lifeforms that show up here crying.

Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #499 on: 2010 September 23, 19:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The other problem with that method is how every name is displayed. They look something like like: Game/TS3/Worlds/Riverview/Sims/Don /Game/TS3/Worlds/Riverview/Sims/Lothlario.

Looks like that for every sim, lot, ect. Which is why decrapifying is better if you want the world instead of just the special stuff in the world. But, there's other quirks with decrapifying that one might prefer package format for. Such as: If you share decorated lots/sims. If you use crapified content, everyone can use your stuff. People who decrapify, just decrapify your files. If you use decrapified stuff, you can't share with anyone who doesn't also use decrapified content. This is probably why some MTS2 sims were pulled a while ago. Also. Decrapified stuff packages itself with your lots, which makes lot sizes larger than needed, and can result in duplicated content.

Unless there's a reverse decrapify method I'm unaware of anyway.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: