More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 20:49:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 8 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2162922 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #200 on: 2010 August 03, 15:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should be noted yet again that Pescado (you know, the person who created the tool) has said the following regarding decrapified files and the sharing of them: (the key part is enlarged for emphasis)

NEW UPDATE
Can now compress and decompress Sims3Packs directly.

EXPERIMENTAL "DECRAPIFY" OPTION!
Invoke with "s3rc -fD" (fixonly, decrapify) OR "decrapify" (drag/drop FOR TARDS). Should fix all busted s3packs that don't install correctly in the launcher, like those old TSR ones.
Caveats:
1. Permanently and irreversibly alters the target package/s3pack. Due to the type of damage involved, the game will see the decrapified object as a seperate object from a non-decrapified object. Any saved game that used these objects or skins will be broken as a result, but...
2. If you decrapify objects, you must decrapify all of your SAVED GAMES (.nhd & .packages in your .sims3), PRESETS (userPresets.package), and LIBRARY.
3. DECRAPIFIED saved or exported items containing CRAPIFIED content will malfunction in a non-decrapified install.
4. THIS PROCEDURE IS EXPERIMENTAL!
5. decrapify exe requires s3rc exe to be accessible on path.

THEREFORE:
Do not share decrapified packages, only share original unmodified packages.
"decrapify" not available for Linux, because Linux users are not stupid enough to need it and can just use -fD by hand.

Also, I think you will find little interest in those band T-shirts and posters as they are cheap 5 second cut and paste jobs. Likewise for any non-game content such as images you can put on your BBS profile, Windows wallpaper and whatnot.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
exangel
Asinine Airhead

Don't Panic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: 2010 August 03, 18:42:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should be noted yet again that Pescado (you know, the person who created the tool) has said the following regarding decrapified files and the sharing of them: (the key part is enlarged for emphasis)

Also, I think you will find little interest in those band T-shirts and posters as they are cheap 5 second cut and paste jobs. Likewise for any non-game content such as images you can put on your BBS profile, Windows wallpaper and whatnot.

Not sure if this was in response to me. But I don't use the Decrapify tool. I use S3cr, Sims3Pack Multi Insaller, S3pe, CTU & s3oc only to edit my sims3packs and turn them into packages. I never put them thru the Decrapify, for me it's an unneeded step and also it then allows individuals to decide if they want to or not.

As for the bandstuff I just found it odd cause usually someone gets everything even the little things like that at some point and shares. Not a big deal and as said I plan to get them if nothing else and would be glad to share if anyone wanted them.

My Current S3 Files this is a complete and up to date collection of sims3packs all untouched let me know if I am missing anything.

My Old S3 files (pacakages, incomplete, not updated)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2010 August 03, 19:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was more or less a reminder to anyone, but I wasn't sure if your preparation process included decrapify of not.

Of course then if you don't decrapify the lazy Mactard pirates will whine.  Roll Eyes

On those shirts/posters, I don't know if EA made them for Livenation or Livenation made those themselves but they are seriously the laziest effort of any objects in the store by far. A BBS noob could easily make similar content in very little time by slapping some random image on the net into a shirt or poster in TSR Workshop.

Compare those to say something like this where the creator took real movie posters, remade them with with actual sims and put the text in Simlish and the lack of effort is apparent. They stick out like a sore thumb and do not fit the game environment at all, not to mention the fact that they are charging people for what is essentially advertising.

I am sure there are some people out there who want them, but I won't be downloading everything EA posts no matter what the quality simply because it is EA.

Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2010 August 04, 18:19:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was more or less a reminder to anyone, but I wasn't sure if your preparation process included decrapify of not.

Of course then if you don't decrapify the lazy Mactard pirates will whine.  Roll Eyes

Hey now, I use a mac, and I supply the raw files. Of course, I also decrapify using my windows install on parallels. The lack of technical intelligence of the vocal mac users just amplifies my opinion that macs shouldn't be widely used as a personal computer.

Thanks for that, I lost all of the store items long time ago because I stopped playing the game :S, so I was trying to recover all of the store stuff back now that I have free time to play again.

Just question, where's riverview  Huh

Uploading now.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
jrcaporal
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2010 August 04, 20:07:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Big thanks!, I'll search through my old files on my ext HD to see if there's anything missing.

Nothing to see here.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2010 August 04, 23:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there any people on Mac who are remotely literate when it comes to anything techie and who also give even half a shit about the Sims? It doesn't seem like there are.

It looks like the techie people who were able to create programs running on both-- JFade and the 3Viewer, Echo and Postal are the two coming to mind-- are no longer involved in the community.

In addition to parallels, which Silent Dreamer mentioned, boot camp is another common way of running Windows programs on a Mac. I'm currently trying out VirtualBox, mostly for decrapifying and S3PE, and it's working fine so far. There are plenty of options out there, the people who whine about wanting decrapified files are just being lazy.

I sing along with elevator music.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2010 August 05, 16:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

August Store Update

Weba Yayfoo! = Free

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=11488&scategoryId=12625&pcategoryId=12624&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:22996

Provence = 700 points

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=11488&scategoryId=12620&pcategoryId=12619&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:22998

Haute Hip = 950 points

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=11488&scategoryId=12618&pcategoryId=12617&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:22997

Romanza Bridal Party = 1,100 points

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=11488&scategoryId=12621&pcategoryId=12588&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:23000

Pushin' Pedals - 1,250 points

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=11488&scategoryId=12623&pcategoryId=12622&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:22999

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2010 August 05, 17:46:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the hell is that grey thing in the glass?

Thanks anyway BTW!  Cheesy

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2010 August 05, 17:50:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the hell is that grey thing in the glass?

The "Simetta Stone", apparently. Seems like a leftover rejected item from WA tbh. Could be cute for a museum I suppose, but I wouldn't want it in my sim's houses.

ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2010 August 05, 18:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess it's their version of the Rosetta Stone? It kind of looks like it. It will fit into a museum or something. I don't really see it going in any of my sims' homes, though, other than maybe one sim that has a basement filled with stuff her plundered from the tombs.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2010 August 05, 18:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, well, screw them. I don't see any of them offering up a Mac as a sacrifice for the cause, so who cares what they think?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sphinx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2010 August 05, 19:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mistyk, it won't work for me  :'(I'm new on this, so maybe i'm doing something wrong. I try with game launcher and it say, i have to update my game, but it's up to date
ktwist
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2010 August 05, 19:11:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

doesnt work for me either  Huh
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2010 August 05, 19:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because you are both tards who probably snuck in thanks to an anonymous tip on My Sims 3 Blog. SEARCH MOAR!

Sphinx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2010 August 05, 20:33:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And maybe is it just because i don't understand half of it. My english is not good,i try and if i ask for little help, you don't have to be rude. Pa mogoče tudi zato,kr se nismo vsi rodili z računalnikom položenim v zibko in imamo tudi resnično življenje  Grin .Sicer pa zraven 3 otrok, si tudi ne morem privoščit bit ure in ure za računalnokom. Pa še tisto uro ali dve ki jih imam za sebe,je pa definitivno premalo da bi obvladala vse in vso situacijo. In kaj bi počeli pametnjakoviči,če nas retardrancev ne bi bilo ?
You can use google translate and translate this from slovene to your language and maybe you'll se, how stupid i feel sometimes, when i have to translate something.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2010 August 05, 20:33:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back to reading Anach's thread for the umpteenth time as I suspect I left out a critical step somewhere in trying to merge the files.  Going to check for tool updates.

ETA:  Still no idea why these packs and I aren't getting along.  Guess I best wait for others to upload their versions.
« Last Edit: 2010 August 05, 21:21:01 by rhodaloo » Logged
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2010 August 05, 20:40:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And maybe is it just because i don't understand half of it. My english is not good,i try and if i ask for little help, you don't have to be rude. Pa mogoče tudi zato,kr se nismo vsi rodili z računalnikom položenim v zibko in imamo tudi resnično življenje  Grin .Sicer pa zraven 3 otrok, si tudi ne morem privoščit bit ure in ure za računalnokom. Pa še tisto uro ali dve ki jih imam za sebe,je pa definitivno premalo da bi obvladala vse in vso situacijo. In kaj bi počeli pametnjakoviči,če nas retardrancev ne bi bilo ?
You can use google translate and translate this from slovene to your language and maybe you'll se, how stupid i feel sometimes, when i have to translate something.

This board was pretty much founded on being rude.

If you get something from here that isn't working then you probably forgot a step or did something wrong. It's also probably been discussed many times before and those discussions can be accessed by doing a search.

Being an ESL is not an excuse for not searching for an answer before asking your question.

simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2010 August 05, 21:08:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New rewards for buying simpoints too

for 1,000: "Star Gazer"
for 2,000: "Everyone's a Critic"
for 4,000: "Button-up Buckaroo"
rum nate
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2010 August 05, 21:38:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are four other free items:

Cela Bear
Rainbow Balloon Sculpture
Warm Wished Bundle
Birthday Balloons Bouquet
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2010 August 05, 21:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that seems to be for a set called "Happy Birthday" but its not up yet (page exist but its throwing the "item current unavailable" message), likely a free set.

Edit:

Page:
http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:22977

Its "kinda" up, its throws a error when you press download.
rum nate
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2010 August 05, 21:52:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That link isn't working. I'm wondering if it's a set that can "only" be downloaded with the in game store.
Sphinx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2010 August 05, 21:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This board was pretty much founded on being rude.

If you get something from here that isn't working then you probably forgot a step or did something wrong. It's also probably been discussed many times before and those discussions can be accessed by doing a search.

Being an ESL is not an excuse for not searching for an answer before asking your question.

What do you think i'm doing? Just saying,it's hard,if you don't understand and i'm not looking for excuse for that. And i'm not rude,never was and never will be
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2010 August 05, 22:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do you think i'm doing? Just saying,it's hard,if you don't understand and i'm not looking for excuse for that. And i'm not rude,never was and never will be

Now there's a challenge.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Sphinx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2010 August 05, 22:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now there's a challenge.

Yes  Grin And i'm gonna try and try and try....till i figure it out
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2010 August 05, 22:16:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That link isn't working. I'm wondering if it's a set that can "only" be downloaded with the in game store.

Actually judging by the wording I think you can only download it in your birthday.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: