More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:46:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2152382 times)
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #175 on: 2010 July 20, 14:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi all

I'm trying to minimise the size of my files and I've deleted the THUM parts from my packages files using S3PE, which I read on another site (the site said that even without the THUM parts, the game will automatically create thumnails). My query is, can the same be done with the DBC files in my DBCCACHE folder?

Thank you for your time.

Yes, it can. This actually works out well because with decrapified files, the thumbnails included show up as too large in the catalogue. Deleting them from the DCCache DBCs forces the game to generate normal looking thumbnails instead.

The one side effect is that you won't see any thumbnails for the objects if you're browsing them in the launcher. I never do that so it isn't a problem for me.
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2010 July 20, 18:19:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't played since February, I think, but I have had my sims3packs in folders since the beginning, for backup purposes.I promised myself never to suffer again the mess that was my downloads folder in Sims1.
And I extracted them directly in their folders. The launcher would show the non installed at the top, so it didn't matter if I forgot what I hadn't installed. I have reinstalled everything but the sims3packs, and will go the decrapifying route this time, since the working launcher method doesn't work anymore. So I suppose the non recursive launcher doesn't matter , as I will have to keep the untouched files elsewhere.
Done. It seems to have worked, I have a big fat dbc with 904mb of store items.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 20, 20:17:24 by Indiasong » Logged
Miss Malevolent
Asinine Airhead

Bitch³

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: 2010 July 21, 03:30:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who else is having an issue with their tattoo chair and trampoline not working?

"We're going to have a historic election regardless. We're gonna elect either our oldest president ever, or our first African American president, or our first woman president."
Panama_Crew
Asinine Airhead

.package factory co.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: 2010 July 22, 11:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who else is having an issue with their tattoo chair and trampoline not working?

yes is a glitch... reinstall you game (frist sims 3 base(whit all patchs...) after ambitions etc....)

Serius "Hardcore" Gamer ^^:http://recursos.fotocajon.com/fotos/unregistered/4cf/e18/user_size_329050.jpg
Everything in this world is a dlc(EA Game$)
Joyce
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2010 July 24, 05:55:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has any one or can anyone put/make  the following store sets as a Monkeyhead package: Romanza Ceremony, Reception + attire; Zen Again; Henwsman Full Set; ultra Lounge Outdoor Set; Ultra Lounge Youths Full Set (Girls, Boys, & Teens); Jet Set (Teens & Elders); Castle (Interior & Exterior); Victorian Fashions; Steampunk Savvy; Regal Living Bedroom Set;  Animals Abound; Tiki Full Set; Mischief's Makers; Wild Wear; Collectionne Stäncké; BahHaus.

I've tried getting these files from the other things posted and none of them worked on my launcher, I've tried other suggestions to get them to work on my launcher and they still don't work for me, I recently download the Island Villa/Dr. Pepper stuff in monkeyhead package and they were the only ones that worked for me, I tried converting some of the things to monkey head myself and anything from the store comes out with a lot of extra packages and they still don't work. But when they are a sing package folder, they seem to work really well.
Snooty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: 2010 July 25, 14:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have the 'Study In Fractures' mirror? It was a free item in the store but has been removed recently. Here's a picture:
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2010 July 25, 17:10:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have the 'Study In Fractures' mirror? It was a free item in the store but has been removed recently. Here's a picture:

Hmm, I thought that was part of the Collectionne Stäncké aka Modern Minimalist set, but when I got to look at that set on sims3.com there's 2 other similar mirrors in it but not that one. Odd.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Snooty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: 2010 July 25, 18:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you very much!  Grin
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2010 July 25, 18:55:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I thought that was part of the Collectionne Stäncké aka Modern Minimalist set, but when I got to look at that set on sims3.com there's 2 other similar mirrors in it but not that one. Odd.

I thought it was part of the MM set too, because I have it in my game and I don't remember downloading it as a single item.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Catangi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2010 July 26, 19:30:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know where the link to the decrapified Steampunk sets is? And if not, can anyone upload them for me?

I downloaded these sets from MATY a long time ago, and it worked. Then I had to reinstall my game. Now I can't find working copies of the Steampunk sets. I downloaded one that was posted a long time ago but either it wasn't decrapified or the tool's now outdated, or something, because it didn't work.

I'm on a Mac so I need the decrapified files, unless that's also changed in the time since I last played Sims...
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2010 July 26, 19:52:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Decrapify is a really simple DOS based program that uses very little resources. Are there not DOS emulators for Mac?

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2010 July 26, 21:08:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm on a Mac so I need the decrapified files, unless that's also changed in the time since I last played Sims...

People like you are the reason the rest of us Mac users get a reputation for being whiny and demanding. Do a little research and solve your own problems.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 26, 21:16:42 by Sigmund » Logged

I sing along with elevator music.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2010 July 26, 23:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People like you are the reason the rest of us Mac users get a reputation for being whiny and demanding. Do a little research and solve your own problems.
I resent that.  I have never thought of Mac users as whiny and demanding.  Just smug and hipstery.  Tongue

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Catangi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2010 July 27, 01:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. I saw other people in this thread making requests, so I thought no one would mind if I did too. I'm not demanding anything. If you don't have the files or don't want to share them with me for whatever reason, fine.

For the record, I did try to solve my own problem, but this time I didn't manage to. I tried to find files that worked, but couldn't. Then I tried to find current information on how to clean them on a Mac, but only found instructions for people who have a second machine running Windows. If the information is there I haven't found it yet.
Zexion
Asinine Airhead

Naughty pet! Naughty!

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2010 July 29, 04:26:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA has launched Branded Content. Currently they have Live Nation merchandise, so for 300 sim points, you can get the official male and female t-shirt and a poster for different musicians. Right now they have KISS, Lil Wayne, Ozzy Osbourne, Sex Pistols, and Shakria.

There are also 3 new Dr. Pepper items, which you can see what they look like here.

Has anyone made these available yet, besides the poster? Thanks much!
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2010 July 29, 06:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. I saw other people in this thread making requests, so I thought no one would mind if I did too. I'm not demanding anything. If you don't have the files or don't want to share them with me for whatever reason, fine.

For the record, I did try to solve my own problem, but this time I didn't manage to. I tried to find files that worked, but couldn't. Then I tried to find current information on how to clean them on a Mac, but only found instructions for people who have a second machine running Windows. If the information is there I haven't found it yet.

I'm skeptical that you looked very hard. If you had bothered to search, you would know that Pescado has stated more than once that decrapified files should not be shared, so no, you won't be able to find them. The answer is to decrapify them yourself. Google DOS emulator for mac and go from there.

Edited due to my inability to type.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 29, 06:13:54 by Sigmund » Logged

dedust
Asinine Airhead

LÖR LÖR

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2010 July 29, 16:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe there's no proper workaround for macs when it comes to decrapifying. Sharing the already decrapped files has is only a partial solution, as the files seem to bork somewhere between computers and the internets. I'm using a mini laptop with XP to decrap my files, it's a bit slow but does the trick. The other option is Boot Camp.

Dos emulators could work, but looks like no-one has really looked into it.

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2010 July 29, 17:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe there's no proper workaround for macs when it comes to decrapifying. Sharing the already decrapped files has is only a partial solution, as the files seem to bork somewhere between computers and the internets. I'm using a mini laptop with XP to decrap my files, it's a bit slow but does the trick. The other option is Boot Camp.

Dos emulators could work, but looks like no-one has really looked into it.

As it would require far less resources than emulating Windows, one would think it would be a better solution.

Alternately, someone could ask Pescado for the source code to S3RC/Decrapify or use the existing source code for Peter Jones' S3SU that extracts packages to compile a utility that either decrapifies on Mac or extracts Sims3Pack to package on Mac.

Pescado even says in his post for the SR3/Decrapify utilty:
Presently available in Windoze edition, until the designated Mac tester can figure out how to compile it for Mac.

And that was over a year ago.

I guess I don't understand the mentality. I would rather be resourceful than to have to ask people to do things for me and then have to keep coming back and doing it every time a new set it released.

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2010 July 29, 20:10:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alternately, someone could ask Pescado for the source code to S3RC/Decrapify or use the existing source code for Peter Jones' S3SU that extracts packages to compile a utility that either decrapifies on Mac or extracts Sims3Pack to package on Mac.

As far as I know, JFade's 3Viewer still works for extracting sims3packs to packages on a mac, but it doesn't decrapify or compressorize.

As happy as I am with my mac, we're a minority in the Sims community, and it's ridiculous to expect other people to constantly cater to your own personal needs. There isn't a perfect solution, but since the majority of Sims users are on Windows, you just have to work around it.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2010 July 30, 03:48:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If one of you stupid Mac fools would GIVE ME SHELL on a Mac, I would make you a damn Mac tool. But since NONE OF YOU CAN BE BOTHERED, y'all can suck it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
blackgryffin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2010 August 01, 11:52:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If one of you stupid Mac fools would GIVE ME SHELL on a Mac, I would make you a damn Mac tool. But since NONE OF YOU CAN BE BOTHERED, y'all can suck it.

http://developer.apple.com/internet/opensource/opensourcescripting.html

http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/OpenSource/Conceptual/ShellScripting/Introduction/Introduction.html

http://www.intuitive.com/wicked/wicked-cool-shell-script-library.shtml

http://aplawrence.com/MacOSX/macosxshell.html

http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/pub/a/mac/2003/11/07/scripting_osx.html

Kiss

zen ...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2010 August 01, 12:27:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know what a shell is, numbnuts. The thing is, no one can be bothered to give me access to one, and I don't actually have a Mac, probably because I'm not dumb enough to pay more money for the same damn computer with an apple on it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2010 August 01, 22:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm on a mac but I'm illiterate when it comes to more advanced techie stuff.

Are there any people on Mac who are remotely literate when it comes to anything techie and who also give even half a shit about the Sims? It doesn't seem like there are.

I will give you credit for at least attempting to work on a solution though, which is more than what the rest of Mac users who play this game and want to leech the store items from here have attempted to do.

exangel
Asinine Airhead

Don't Panic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: 2010 August 03, 15:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm back and started working on upadting my files and gathering the items I've missed while I was away. I should have the new items posted in my 4shared folder later today or tomorrow, in package format and with any changes needed to fix items.

However there are a couple things I'm missing that I haven't seen posted yet. Not sure if I just missed them or if no one has them yet. If no one has them I can try to get a couple of the things later this week.

http://store.thesims3.com/brandedContent.html?categoryId=12595&intcmp=eaint507 The only one I have from this is the Shakira Poster.

My Current S3 Files this is a complete and up to date collection of sims3packs all untouched let me know if I am missing anything.

My Old S3 files (pacakages, incomplete, not updated)
jrcaporal
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2010 August 03, 15:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 4Shared has been updated to date with moar July items.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/7urUdJzW/S3P.html

I think I got everything that I've been missing since July 4. If there's anything I missed, however, please let me know and I'll address it next chance I get.

Thanks for that, I lost all of the store items long time ago because I stopped playing the game :S, so I was trying to recover all of the store stuff back now that I have free time to play again.

Just question, where's riverview  Huh

Nothing to see here.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: