More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:30:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2152396 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #125 on: 2010 July 07, 21:02:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a question out of curiosity here; do game saves still need to be decrapified? I'm a bit wary since the format of the saves changed. I decrapify my mods folder and the sims3packs before they get put into .dbc, but I haven't done the game saves in a while.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2010 July 07, 21:27:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a question out of curiosity here; do game saves still need to be decrapified? I'm a bit wary since the format of the saves changed. I decrapify my mods folder and the sims3packs before they get put into .dbc, but I haven't done the game saves in a while.

I don't think it's something you need to regularly do. My understanding, and someone correct me if I am wrong here, was that it was mainly just a one time thing when the decrapify process started so that any references to the old un-decrapified store hair, clothing and objects in the save would be aligned with the decrapified versions.

Even if you did run an undecrapified save with decrapified objects as far as I know the worst that will happen is some stuff just doesn't show. I loaded an old save from last year recently and the only problems were one sim I had put store hair on ended up bald and some furniture in a couple of houses was substituted for base game versions, but nothing blew up and it was easy enough just to re-add those things.

Anyway, if your save was decrapified once way back and and you are regularly decrapifying store items and lots prior to installing them via the launcher I don't see any reason why you should need to keep decrapifying your save file. The save shouldn't have any way to reference un-decrapified files if you are doing that.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2010 July 07, 21:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK Ta. All my games are now new, so I will decrapify today.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
mystikmoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2010 July 08, 01:09:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The wedding set that was posted in the s3store downloads thread is the entire set.  I was wondering if anybody knew a way for me to separate out JUST the clothing files from the s3pack?  Or if anyone has already done that, could they post it for downloading?  I can't use the launcher to install the files, and when I convert them to .package files, it's too much for my computer to handle and it won't load my neighborhoods (it's just build and buy objects that have this effect).  I tried Rainbow Brite's tutorial to put them into one gigantic .package file but it's a no-go.  My computer is still not happy with this and won't load the game.

(I am 100% sure it's the romanza wedding files, as the game loads just fine when I remove them.)
Paularius
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2010 July 08, 02:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Today i restarted to play the sims3 from a few months brake only to find that all the store stuff i had downloaded wasnt showing up in game.
Im kind of confused as to what steps i should take now.
Has this problem been fixed? Do i need a fresh download of the items or is there a new method of installing them?
Thanks in advance.
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2010 July 08, 03:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Today i restarted to play the sims3 from a few months brake only to find that all the store stuff i had downloaded wasnt showing up in game.
Im kind of confused as to what steps i should take now.
Has this problem been fixed? Do i need a fresh download of the items or is there a new method of installing them?
Thanks in advance.

I think you should stop trying to play your game while driving. When was the last time you had your BRAKES checked, anyway?
jklarr
Asinine Airhead

If you cant fix it.... Kick it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: 2010 July 08, 05:01:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh Witch I wouldn't Two time you Smiley lol.. Just wanted to tell someone (you know who you are Smiley the sweet little Tard ) That I was so glad that I could Amuse him.
I tried that link you listed its not working..  I guess it really doesn't matter cause I cant get the patch to load.. I have nailed it down to the new file in game/bin/ EAWebkit.  will allow to load partly but still not accept the patch.
cleared the cache files in program data and for some reason that darn patch will not load,, so gonna have to go to my other computer to try it.. there wasn't any cc loaded.. just the plain base game not even played.. can play it without the patch but once that patch is at 98% fails , EA support has no idea what the problem is.. they said after a week of deleting the registry and other files they now need more time to find out what the reason is.. but that was the main info I needed I got thank you..  untill that patch is accepted I cant load any cc..
But really this site has so much info and you can learn so much.. just takes time.
Smiley
« Last Edit: 2010 July 08, 05:35:01 by jklarr » Logged

"Art is the inner soul of the creator, If you look at the creation you can see into the dreams of its master."
richardajoy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2010 July 08, 19:42:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have the new updates, including patch that came out yesterday (07/07/10)?
Count
PajamaRick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2010 July 08, 20:02:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have the new updates, including patch that came out yesterday (07/07/10)?

Basegame:
http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_1.14.11.007001_from_1.12.70.006001.exe

World Adventures:
http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_2.9.10.007001_from_2.7.7.006001.exe

HELS:
http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_3.5.8.007001_from_3.3.11.006001.exe

Ambitions:
http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_4.2.32.007001_from_4.0.87.006001.exe

*Thanks to simsmx for these links!
I haven't tried installing these patches yet...and apparently CAW is still broken!
richardajoy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2010 July 08, 20:08:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheers (now does anyone have the no-cd file)
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2010 July 08, 20:26:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Richardajoy,have you tried searching on-line. There are lots of sites that can help with the no CD files or cracks.
richardajoy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2010 July 08, 20:29:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Richardajoy,have you tried searching on-line. There are lots of sites that can help with the no CD files or cracks.

Thanks, I have looked, but not exactly right. Will probably have to wait a day or two, I will keep checking here and tehparadox for updates.
Witchboy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: 2010 July 08, 20:56:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Twallans No CD mod (NRaas_NoCD). Just unzip & place in your Mods\Packages folder.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/18145981/c63e5a2e/sharing.html

Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2010 July 08, 21:36:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Odd, my launcher is showing there are no available updates.
richardajoy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2010 July 08, 23:08:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Twallans No CD mod (NRaas_NoCD). Just unzip & place in your Mods\Packages folder.

NRaas_NoCD aint working for me (Ambitions 4.2.32.007001)

Looks like i'le have to wait for someone to crack the file.

Thanx anyway.
jklarr
Asinine Airhead

If you cant fix it.... Kick it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: 2010 July 08, 23:34:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanx anyway.

Use this site.. you have to join but games arnt the only  thing you can download with a crack.. Hope this helps.
warez-bb.org

"Art is the inner soul of the creator, If you look at the creation you can see into the dreams of its master."
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2010 July 09, 00:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanx anyway.

No it still works. I just tried it. Also the just updated for the patch version of Awesomemod works to remove the CD check too.

However you can't launch the game from the launcher. This includes from the default desktop icon the game makes which calls the launcher first.

You have to run directly from the game executable, which would be TS3.exe if you only have the basegame, TS3EP01.exe if World Adventures is the most recent expansion/stuffpack your have, TS3SP01.exe if HELS is the most recent expansion/stuff pack you have or TS3EP02.exe if you have Ambitions.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 09, 01:31:23 by Motoki » Logged

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
richardajoy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2010 July 09, 01:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanx anyway.

No it still works. I just tried it. Also the just updated for the patch version of Awesomemod works to remove the CD check too.

However you can't launch the game from the launcher. This includes from the default desktop icon the game makes which calls the launcher first.

You have to launcher directly from the game executable, which would be TS3.exe if you only have the basegame, TS3EP01.exe if World Adventures is the most recent expansion/stuffpack your have, TS3SP01.exe if HELS is the most recent expansion/stuff pack you have or TS3EP02.exe if you have Ambitions.

I'm still having no joy' even with the blow-by-blow description, keeps repeating itself, telling me to insert disk.
richardajoy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2010 July 09, 03:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Installing the latest AWESOMEMOD seems to have done the trick and it's running faster.
pkmx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2010 July 14, 19:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a new free car and set at The Sims 3 Store: Ford Fiesta and the Fiesta Urban Streetscape.
Rayea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2010 July 14, 21:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hm..looks like the uk didnt get the ford as there are no ford set and the link took me to the OOPS page.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2010 July 14, 21:59:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its because of the gb.

Try this:

http://store.thesims3.com/fiesta

It seems the Fiesta is just for NA that kinda makes sense as the parking meters are very American, then again the whole game is Surburbia, USA.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2010 July 15, 00:14:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Opps page is up for me too. The picture of the items can be seen here:
http://www.simprograms.com/the-sims-3-store-free-special-set-2011-ford-fiesta-fiesta-urban-streetscape/

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
rum nate
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2010 July 15, 03:03:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA has launched Branded Content. Currently they have Live Nation merchandise, so for 300 sim points, you can get the official male and female t-shirt and a poster for different musicians. Right now they have KISS, Lil Wayne, Ozzy Osbourne, Sex Pistols, and Shakria.

There are also 3 new Dr. Pepper items, which you can see what they look like here.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: 2010 July 15, 03:07:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA has launched Branded Content. Currently they have Live Nation merchandise, so for 300 sim points, you can get the official male and female t-shirt and a poster for different musicians. Right now they have KISS, Lil Wayne, Ozzy Osbourne, Sex Pistols, and Shakria.

There are also 3 new Dr. Pepper items, which you can see what they look like here.

holy crap, could that live nation stuff be done any lazier? Square photo plastered on a shirt?

The Dr. Pepper stuff looks nice, particularly the chair. Is there a package with all of the dr pepper stuff anywhere?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: