More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 00:30:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2163001 times)
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #100 on: 2010 July 03, 13:18:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed the patterns in the Zen set don't exactly work as they should. (I extracted the packages after running them through the compressurizor, and then packaged them in one file.) The appear as blank, unselectable things in the fabric section.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: 2010 July 03, 13:47:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's strange. When I extracted there were 3 patterns, and one looked like it was meant to work with the shoji screen.

Rothchild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2010 July 03, 19:55:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A new s3rc was released today which fixes the issues with the four fences.
TimidEvil
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2010 July 04, 00:57:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi I tried installing the steampunk package from the front page of the forums however when i have it in the launcher it shows the package image and the file type says "Object" And when I use the installer and look at the downloads it just has the same image with object , not the individual files and none of it shows up in game , its the same with several other sets ...
Can anyone help me?
Rainbow_Brite
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: 2010 July 04, 04:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please tell me how can i have store things in my game.
I knew that package. format slows down the game but i don't understand decapify thing, how to make it?
I red alot of forums about it but still i cant make working dbc. files

There is a tutorial posted here at MATY by Anach on how to compile all of your files (.dbc) so your game runs smoother. I also have a tutorial that is pretty much the same as Anachs but with some changes. You can find it here: http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=1397.0. The decrapifier is for Sims3Packs. The whole purpose of the decrapifier is to fool the game into thinking that store content is just regular CC, not pirated content. If you try and extract the files with Delphys extractor tool and then compile them in S3PE (without decrapifying), you will receive an error because the store content is now pirated since you didn't buy it directly from the store. If you download .package files of the store items, you just add them into your mods/packages folder.You can, if you choose to do so, compile them into single files such as 'June 2010'. If you don't understand how the whole process works, I would suggest just waiting until the months are in single .package files and download them instead of trying to compile them yourself. Exangel has a 4shared account that is usually updated and has up to February 2010 combined of the store items. You can find it here: http://www.4shared.com/dir/22087218/ec2f18a0/S3sharing.html.

pandora
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2010 July 04, 14:03:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

does a .package-version of the 12th update exist?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2010 July 04, 14:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

does a .package-version of the 12th update exist?

Yes.

It might be, oh I don't know, in the thread called "TS3 Store, DOWNLOADS ONLY". And seeing as these are new files, gee, maybe it might be on the last page among the most recent posts?  Roll Eyes

Next time SEARCH MOAR!

When asking from Store files you should check both the download thread and here first before posting.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
pandora
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2010 July 04, 14:58:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sorry, i'm still not able to find anything :/
i'm looking for the set "life's a beach". only found sims3packs which all didn't work. can somebody decapri... the set and upload it as a package-file? would be awesome!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2010 July 04, 15:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i'm looking for the set "life's a beach". only found sims3packs which all didn't work. can somebody decapri... the set and upload it as a package-file? would be awesome!

You know what would be EVEN MOAR awesome?  If you read the metric fuckton of posts on how to do just that and did it yourself!  Imagine the warm sense of accomplishment you'd feel as you took those baby steps away from n00bishness!

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2010 July 04, 15:25:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's on the last page (10) of the store items thread.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15100.225.html

All of the files Panama Crew posts are in package format.

And yes as jeromycraig noted, you can also quite easily convert sims3packs to package format with various tools such as Delphy's Sims3Pack Multi Extractor at Mod the Sims. I suggest you look into such tools in the future to avoid bugging people to do it for you and post it.

Rainbow_Brite
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: 2010 July 04, 20:42:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's on the last page (10) of the store items thread.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15100.225.html

All of the files Panama Crew posts are in package format.

And yes as jeromycraig noted, you can also quite easily convert sims3packs to package format with various tools such as Delphy's Sims3Pack Multi Extractor at Mod the Sims. I suggest you look into such tools in the future to avoid bugging people to do it for you and post it.

I also have the same items posted in .package format. Panama Crews files are all combined but I posted mine as individual files if you want them in singular form. Also, posted on the SAME PAGE, is a link for the life's a beach and other June 2010 .package files for download.

If you just read the descriptions above everyone's links, you will know what files are .package format and what files are S3packs. There are a few people here that have their own 4shared account and constantly update all of the files so if you search MOAR, I'm sure you will find who they are. Then I would suggest just checking their pages for updates instead of coming on here and whining that you can't find anything.

Note: Patience is a virtue.

jklarr
Asinine Airhead

If you cant fix it.... Kick it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: 2010 July 05, 20:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to say "Thank you" to Motoki and Rainbow Brite and those others who are here that help us "noobs" and with such Character that shows your knowledge.. without trying to make our situations look stupid. I cant say enough that it shows not only your intelligence but also your empathy, that's how you learned and that's how we learn from you.. Smiley 

"Art is the inner soul of the creator, If you look at the creation you can see into the dreams of its master."
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2010 July 05, 21:40:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to say "Thank you" to Motoki and Rainbow Brite and those others who are here that help us "noobs" and with such Character that shows your knowledge.. without trying to make our situations look stupid. I cant say enough that it shows not only your intelligence but also your empathy, that's how you learned and that's how we learn from you.. Smiley 

Oh, good.  You encouraged it.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
masonxxx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2010 July 06, 10:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi people,some mod,tool,trick,graphic card,expansion,"HOPE",anything  to play the sims 3 to 1280x720 60hz? Undecided

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2010 July 06, 14:50:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi people,some mod,tool,trick,graphic card,expansion,"HOPE",anything  to play the sims 3 to 1280x720 60hz? Undecided

If your card and drivers are allowing that resolution, it should be selectable in the game. I know some cards don't have it in their drivers by default as a standard resolution even though the card supports it. In that case you'd probably have to fiddle with the drivers or ini files prior to driver install. There are ways to add a resolution to your video cards set of available standard resolutions, but it's rather beyond the scope of this site.

I'd suggest checking out either ATI or Nvidia fan forums, depending upon which card you have, and search around with regard to adding custom resolutions.

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2010 July 06, 22:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you know I really dont know why ppl who think they are so intellegent will sit and try to make someone who has a real problem look stupid instead of trying to use your real intelligence and show how smart you are by helping instead of hurting..Huh  I see so many ppl on here that are so smart mentally and yet look so stupid while trying to make those who really try to figure out the problem seem stupid.. well your so smart tell me .. what is the messages for?? those errors I get..?? show me that your more than just a young mouth who has to try to make someone look stupid?? can you do that?  

If you read my whole question.. you would see it is also included that ... " In order for my cc to be placed does it have to be updated with the patch??  humm lets see sure looks to me that "cc" is included in the store.. isnt it?? and lets see the tech part.. I placed it ( meaning cc store items.) in the mods / package folder..  so dont patronize me.. you just made yourself lower than the stupid feeling I had to stoop to in even asking the question...  believe me if there was any way I could make this work with out posting on that board I would have.. just because of ppl like you... we the Noobs..  yea.. but those the brains that cut us noobs down.. dont look all that intelligent doing so.. so unless you are as smart as you thought it made you look .. than keep your stupid childish comments to yourself.. k

THANKS.  THIS WAS GRATE.

(in the interests of full disclosure, this was a PM I received.  I would have replied in kind, but the mailbox of my intended recipient was full)

Rainbow_Brite
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: 2010 July 06, 22:59:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just updated my graphics card last week (I'm running a Nvidia 100M card for notebooks) and now I have 5 new options in my game for the size screen. While TS3 is loaded, click on options --> and then the first tab should be selected already which are the graphics settings. I just looked through my options and I have all of the new screen sizes except for the one you are asking about Undecided but I do have the option of 60 hz for the screen refresh rate.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2010 July 07, 01:33:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: jklarr
I hate having to ask for help.. I did find the answer to the decrap question..
I only post on here cause its my last choice.. I dont like to post or get into altercations with ppl who like to cut those down who are asking for help.. as per my post..  I have read so much and learned so much on here..  but I have no idea were to go now..
Im asking you for your help.. Please..
with the new ambitions.. I used the new framework .. I s3rc and decrap.. all the program files and simpacks. I found on      Don't keep the OLD, Make the NEW: Un- and In-stalling post-Ambitions Mods  a 2nd post .. followed her instructions..  re did the resource cfg and then reading on found that different posts regarding the resource .. the contents were different.. which one do you use?  I cant find the link.. but copied the file..
<resource.cfg here>

this is what they said to use.. ? its different than the one SJActress has linked on her message.. so which one do you use?  or this one..
<Another resource.cfg here>

Since Im unable to use the newest patch does the base and 3 expansion packs need a patch for  the cc to work?  If not do I still use the dbc files still? I got the reply to my post from you on the dbc way.. but again I read you cant use the  old way with the new pack.. Im so confused.. can you tell .. its 4 am and I cant sleep cause its got me so mad at ea.. Im deleting my post.. there just isnt any reason to give anyone reason to cut me down.. I had no idea where else to post..
Thanks and have a great 4th..

Oh and I thought I was the only one receiving these little missives. I even tried to reply, but the mailbox, as noted, is full. I was just going to send a link to motoki's helpful post about uninstalling, then reinstalling mods in the new place.

Look, follow Motoki's instructions here. He even gives you links: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18858.msg542657.html#msg542657

I would advise updating to the latest patch or Awesomemod will not work correctly.

Now I feel like I've been two-timed.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2010 July 07, 01:54:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patching isn't really an option for anyone who wants to continue to use mods and custom content. Creators will always create for the latest version of the game and you'll be left behind.

If someone's game won't patch there's something wrong. Probably the modified or overwrote one of the important game files such as with a NOCD crack etc. Ideally if you backed up your original unchanged files before you modified them you can just put them back. The error log in the patcher will tell you which files it's erroring out on and aren't the correct version it's looking for.

If you still can't get it to patch then you really should just reinstall from scratch. You can backup your saved game and custom content so you don't have to lose anything.

Seriously, anyone trying to do a song and a dance to get things to work without patching don't. You need to get that patch situation taken care of first. If all else fails, reinstall, start over and don't use those damned nocd cracks that come with the torrents!. Awesomemod already included NOCD functionality and if that doesn't work Twallan has a stand alone NOCD mod in the form of a package that does not require you to replace any important files. I don't have the link off hand so just do a search for it.

Batman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2010 July 07, 05:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone please do me a huge favor and upload baysidefullset converted to .package format?  Grin

I know. I know. This is from a long time ago but I can't do it myself (Mac.) I know.. stupid mac.  Roll Eyes

EDIT: PS- I DID check downloads thread but only found S3pack.

PurebredWolf
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2010 July 07, 07:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm... something's wrong.

So I downloaded all of the item sets on the first page of the other thread. I placed them in the Downloads section, which makes them appear via launcher. I installed them, and they worked as I played. However, after quitting the game and opening it again, a lot of the items vanished! Only patterns, some items, and two clothes remained intact.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2010 July 07, 14:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm... something's wrong.

So I downloaded all of the item sets on the first page of the other thread. I placed them in the Downloads section, which makes them appear via launcher. I installed them, and they worked as I played. However, after quitting the game and opening it again, a lot of the items vanished! Only patterns, some items, and two clothes remained intact.
Are purebred wolves such speshul furry snowflakes that they don't need to use the "SEARCH" function?

PurebredWolf
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2010 July 07, 14:54:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coincidentally, that's what I first did prior to joining and none popped out. None for "disappeared installed files", "custom files disappeared", "vanished installed files", and even "deleted installed files".
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: 2010 July 07, 15:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you decrapify? or if you don't want to decrapify, you'll have to extract them with Delphy's simspack extractor, after running them through the compressurizor, and finally, merge them all using s3pe so the massive amount of files will not cause massive lag.

Oh, and if you Decrapify, you'll need to decrapify all your saves too. So.. what you need to search is... 'Merging packages', or 'Decrapify' or possibly 'dcb files' or 'merged store content.'

PurebredWolf
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2010 July 07, 16:22:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah thanks. I'll go for the latter, since I already have Delphy's tool.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: