More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:34:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2152010 times)
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #975 on: 2011 February 05, 06:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i tried to download the Future shock set from here, and i got an error message telling me to update my game...  i have the latest patch.. why does it say that for? Sad

That's very common with sims3packs. EA has less idea how their code works than some modders. Quite a few modders.

If you tried to install the sims3pack, don't. Use a package. There's one available in this very thread, or, if you're up to it, run the sims3pack through Delphy's Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter. It's available at Mod The Sims.

If you're going to be using mods or custom content at all (including EA store content) it will serve you well to learn how the game works and how to use some basic tools. Google, read, google, read, google, read.

Blah Blah Blah, it's doing it wrong.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #976 on: 2011 February 05, 06:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're just trying to get to 50 now.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
porkypine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #977 on: 2011 February 05, 06:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All others commenting on bad grammer/English, lack of ability to use search properly will be promptly targeted with flaming tarry boulders.

"Grammar".

" Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa"    Grin
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #978 on: 2011 February 05, 06:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am now.

spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #979 on: 2011 February 05, 07:03:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am now.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #980 on: 2011 February 05, 15:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All others commenting on bad grammer/English, lack of ability to use search properly will be promptly targeted with flaming tarry boulders.

"Grammar".

" Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa"    Grin
You shouldn't have a space between your quotation marks and the word you're framing with them.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
citron
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #981 on: 2011 February 06, 17:47:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*steps out from the shadows*
Someone can hit me, but I have a question that's been bugging me for months.

I only own the base game. My friend let me have her CD, but she couldn't find the serial code so we had to find one online. It finally ended up working (yay!). I hate all the basic items in the game, so I downloaded a few sets from the store. But, the thing is, the items don't feel like installing. They download and end up in the Launcher, but they never show up in-game. I've been searching around the interwebs for a fix to this, but I can't really find anything. It's probably right under my nose, but I'm not exactly a genius.

I was wondering if anyone could lead me somewhere to find a fix for this? I really would like to download some of the item sets. Err, yeah. From a bit of my findings, I noticed that it could be because I don't have any of the expansion packs... But I'm poor, and I don't feel like mucking up my PC by downloading the expansions.

Sorry for the n00b question,
citron.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #982 on: 2011 February 06, 17:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're not sorry and you couldn't have looked very hard. Where did you find these store items? Look there for your answer.

citron
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #983 on: 2011 February 06, 18:13:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're not sorry and you couldn't have looked very hard. Where did you find these store items? Look there for your answer.

When I "install" the content, it always shows me a success message, but once I play the game, the items aren't there. I don't know if that helps my sorry case at all. And I am sorry for the n00b question, as you "elitists" are too busy for less intelligent people who need genuine help. I did state that I looked for an answer, and I have been looking for a while. But hey, if I appear too stupid for you to help, then that's fine by me. I don't get why everyone has to be so rude when there are stupid people in need of help. I apologise for wasting your time. I didn't realise I was such a mindless idiot for asking for help when I needed it. :\
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #984 on: 2011 February 06, 18:55:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I "install" the content, it always shows me a success message, but once I play the game, the items aren't there. I don't know if that helps my sorry case at all. And I am sorry for the n00b question, as you "elitists" are too busy for less intelligent people who need genuine help. I did state that I looked for an answer, and I have been looking for a while. But hey, if I appear too stupid for you to help, then that's fine by me. I don't get why everyone has to be so rude when there are stupid people in need of help. I apologise for wasting your time. I didn't realise I was such a mindless idiot for asking for help when I needed it. :\

Stop feeling sorry for yourself, I TOLD YOU WHERE TO LOOK!

CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #985 on: 2011 February 06, 19:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chances are, if it's an item that requires an expansion pack, you will need the expansion pack for it to show up in your game.  Not sure why all the items you got from the store are not showing up however.  I don't think they all require expansion packs.
I would suggest you do a search for how to add custom content to your game instead of Sims3packs.  I never add content to my game as a Sims3pack anymore since it always seems to load badly if at all, unless it's a house or neighborhood.  There are lots of helpful sites with info on how to add content.  Do a search.  And good luck.

Cats don't hunt seals. They would if they knew what they were and where to find them. But they don't, so that's all right. - Terry Pratchett
Cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #986 on: 2011 February 06, 20:18:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you "elitists" are too busy for less intelligent people who need genuine help.

Daphoenyx
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #987 on: 2011 February 07, 00:54:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You probably need to "decrapify" the .Sims3Pack files you download from here. I don't remember where exactly in this forum are the instructions to decrapify stuff, anyway I use the TS3 Recompressor (also downloadable here). Try to look up for this stuff with the Search button.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #988 on: 2011 February 07, 01:01:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If only someone had hinted as to where to find decrapping instructions.

semianon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #989 on: 2011 February 07, 02:41:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The information you seek can be found here.

TinyBear
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #990 on: 2011 February 07, 03:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look back like four god damn pages. I just got reamed for leading someone to decrap instructions. WTF.

PS: the bolded word is the key to the answer you seek.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #991 on: 2011 February 07, 03:32:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@semianon - Good snarky response, only I think you missed the point of my post you quoted.

@TinyBear - You got reamed for doing the work for them, you left them no work but to come back to whine when decrapping didn't work for them. I'm simply suggesting where to look for their answer. Which did little to no good since they just played the "Y U SO MEEN" card and totally looked over my advice. This is what happens when I'm in a good mood and decide to actually halp someone, nevar again.

TinyBear
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #992 on: 2011 February 07, 16:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh see that's my bad. Cause you quoted yourself I just assumed you were the person having problems. That is I didn't look at your user name. I agree with you I just didn't realize it was you.
Alexina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #993 on: 2011 February 07, 16:54:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you bought the packs from the store then you only need to start the game and look in the buy mode to find them, they don't magically appear in the game already.  You'll need plenty of simoleans to buy them though if you wanna place them in the game, just use the motherlode cheat if you need simoleans. Tongue

If you downloaded the packs from here chances are they need decrapifying first.  There's a bunch of guides on these forums on how to decrapify stuff, just do a search.  It aint as hard as it sounds.

I'm outta here, had enough of these MATY wassacks.
AlbinoBambi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #994 on: 2011 February 07, 17:55:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I have an issue. I've been looking around, searching for answers. But I'm either really bad at searching, or nobody with this exact issue has posted a help-question about it yet.
Which is why I came here. I've downloaded a few sims, and while 5 of the 8 sims are showing up, 3 of them are not. They're in my premade bin, but when I select them, they don't show. Instead of a sim it's just empty, and the option to change their basics is completely gone.
Now I'm assuming this has something to do with the sims being made in games with newer patches than what I have, and maybe from the sims being made with Ambitions and thus with sliders I don't have.
The question is, can it be fixed? And if so, how? I'd really love to have these sims in my game, but I'd rather not patch it since it's finally functioning normally again. I don't want to screw that up just yet.
There you have it, any suggestions on how to make these sims function in my game?
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #995 on: 2011 February 07, 19:38:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^Well right off the bat you need to fully patch your game, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. That is IF you want any type of actual help. I would doubt it has anything to do with missing EPs/SPs since the sliders are in the patc...oh, wait. See where this is going?

spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #996 on: 2011 February 07, 19:41:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^Well right off the bat you need to fully patch your game, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. That is IF you want any type of actual help. I would doubt it has anything to do with missing EPs/SPs since the sliders are in the patc...oh, wait. See where this is going?

Well, it could be third-party sliders, which also wouldn't make a difference -- those will display correctly even if you don't have the sliders downloaded, but if you go to edit a sim, they will snap back to defaults.

As for "missing" sims, no clue. I've seen plenty of black-skinned sims, and some that will cause a CTD when you try to actually load them, but none that are simply not there in the CAS screen.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #997 on: 2011 February 07, 22:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you checked the other ages. Perhaps your downloaded Sims are either teens or full adults.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
TinyBear
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #998 on: 2011 February 08, 03:43:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you checked the other ages. Perhaps your downloaded Sims are either teens or full adults.

If that was the case they'd still show up in CAS just show up as teens/adults/whatever. I had only one sim not show up in CAS and it was some weird junked up hacked modded shit. It would not show up and then when I tried to switch to another sim it would CTD. I'm not sure if that's the same probablem this person is having but if it is the only way I solved it was by deleting that sim.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #999 on: 2011 February 08, 03:52:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not clear what you're talking about, TinyBear. In my experience, sims show up under CAS in their age category. For example, when I had the teen category selected in the past, I couldn't choose any of the custom adult sims I'd downloaded until I switched to the adult age. Haven't tried it with the new patch, but I'd expect it to be the same.

I sing along with elevator music.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: