More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:38:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2151978 times)
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #50 on: 2010 June 18, 02:27:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BeachCAS2SET(2).TheSims3Pack: Installation Failed: Please make sure your game has the latest Software Updates and try again.

The files are fine. Maybe you need to update your game to the newest patches or maybe you just didn't install them right, follow the instructions here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18408.msg535029.html#msg535029

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Batman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2010 June 18, 04:08:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried searching this site and others for this question but cannot seem to find a direct answer. Please understand, this is my last resort.

I am running Mac OSX with Base, WA, HL, and Ambitions. I recently just switched to my Mac so I did a clean install of all 4 and then decided to redownload the store content from here. I downloaded, unzipped, and double clicked to install via the launcher with the internet off. Then I play (with the internet off) and nothing appears.

What do I need to do differently? I am very new to this, especially on Mac. Any help or point in the right direction is appreciated.

Thanks

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2010 June 18, 05:23:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do I need to do differently?  Any help or point in the right direction is appreciated.

Buy a PC.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Batman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010 June 18, 22:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Buy a PC.

Once you go Mac, you don't go back. Especially when you are an Art + Design student and your school requires a 15" MBP.  Wink

But seriously, is there anything I can do? (Besides switching to PC.  Cheesy)
« Last Edit: 2010 June 18, 22:34:39 by Batman » Logged

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2010 June 18, 22:50:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Buy a PC.

Once you go Mac, you don't go back. Especially when you are an Art + Design student and your school requires a 15" MBP.  Wink

But seriously, is there anything I can do? (Besides switching to PC.  Cheesy)

I would endeavor to help but I am afraid I am utterly clueless in any and all things Mac.

The only thing I can suggest is to try this and then if that doesn't work perhaps query its creator in the comments since he seems to have some idea about getting custom content to work with Macs.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Batman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2010 June 18, 23:22:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Motoki.

Would I be an idiot to ask her how to install pirated S3Store items from MATY?

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2010 June 19, 00:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Motoki.

They get questions like that all the time.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
dominno
Blathering Buffoon

n00b Queen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2010 June 19, 06:27:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question. I've been trying to turn all the new Dr. Pepper items into .package files for my game and they have all worked except for the new hair. I've tried with both untouched files as well as decrapified and compressed but it keeps doing the same thing.

I think I'll wait for someone to upload the whole Dr. Pepper set with the new files into a package file (could anyone please do that?) but I'd like to know what the hell I'm doing wrong anyway.

LL&P
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2010 June 19, 13:04:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Motoki.

True, but Mod the Sims is Care Bear land so you'd probably want to be vague and dance around it or else just pm it.

In theory, installing the Store items is just a matter of getting them decrapified and installed via the launcher, though I'm not sure which Mac programs would do that, or else converting them to package or getting an archive of them already in package form, making sure the framework and directories are setup correctly and then placing the packages there.

Question. I've been trying to turn all the new Dr. Pepper items into .package files for my game and they have all worked except for the new hair. I've tried with both untouched files as well as decrapified and compressed but it keeps doing the same thing.

I think I'll wait for someone to upload the whole Dr. Pepper set with the new files into a package file (could anyone please do that?) but I'd like to know what the hell I'm doing wrong anyway.

The hair did install for me, but I admittedly I haven't checked in game yet.

Also, it's not hard to convert a sims3pack to package yourself. The program I use is Delphy's Sims3pack Multi Installer. It's very easy to use and quickly converts a one or multiple sims3pack files into package files.

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2010 June 19, 13:47:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Motoki.

True, but Mod the Sims is Care Bear land so you'd probably want to be vague and dance around it or else just pm it.
At no point did I say it wasn't an idiotic thing to do.

edited for Quote Tag Phail
« Last Edit: 2010 June 19, 20:18:40 by jeromycraig » Logged

Sabrewulf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2010 June 19, 18:53:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

None of the sims 3 store packages are installing for me.....well they seem to install and it even says in the launcher that they're installed but when I load up the game they're not there and the next time I look at the launcher it says the package is not yet installed? It's like it either uninstalls the package before I play or it doesn't install at all and it just says that it does.

Although I've also had this problem with custom content sim packages and not just ones from maty :/
Batman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2010 June 19, 20:12:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In theory, installing the Store items is just a matter of getting them decrapified and installed via the launcher, though I'm not sure which Mac programs would do that, or else converting them to package or getting an archive of them already in package form, making sure the framework and directories are setup correctly and then placing the packages there.

Actually, I seemed to have solved my problem under that conclusion before I even got a chance to check back here!  Grin

Although I didn't find a Mac program to convert the files into .package format, I used the DCBackup file. I just copy and pasted the contents into my mods/package folder and wala: all the second update material is in my game!

Now, I admit the game runs incredibly slow. I'm hoping by renaming the files to something not so long and by deleting some exchange bull shit I accidentally downloaded I should be able to get it up to speed.

It did. I renamed about 1,000 files, which took forever. But in my honest opinion, I think it was worth it. Was it worth the hundreds of dollars it would've cost me? No. So heres a thanks to everyone for the help and for the sharing!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2010 June 23, 00:16:54 by Batman » Logged

dominno
Blathering Buffoon

n00b Queen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 2010 June 19, 22:07:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The hair did install for me, but I admittedly I haven't checked in game yet.

Also, it's not hard to convert a sims3pack to package yourself. The program I use is Delphy's Sims3pack Multi Installer. It's very easy to use and quickly converts a one or multiple sims3pack files into package files.

That's what I'm doing. Sorry, I should have explained myself better. I use Delphy's Multi Installer and I converted every Dr. Pepper file into a package without problems. The ponytail hair, however, keeps coming out as two different, nameless files which from my experience don't work in game. How do I make the file come out right? I've converted both an untouched version and a decrapified/compressed version of the Sims3Pack but the two come out like that.

LL&P
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 2010 June 19, 22:28:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put both ponytail files in my game, and they work. Check under Hats. It doesn't look very special. But the reason there are two files is because EA always includes a separate hair file for elders in the package.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
dominno
Blathering Buffoon

n00b Queen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 2010 June 20, 00:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put both ponytail files in my game, and they work. Check under Hats. It doesn't look very special. But the reason there are two files is because EA always includes a separate hair file for elders in the package.

Ah, I see. You're right. Thanks!

LL&P
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2010 June 20, 23:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My 4Shared has been updated to date with the Dr. Pepper items. As usual, let me know if I'm missing anything and I'll address it as soon as I have a chance.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/7urUdJzW/S3P.html

Your files are oddly labeled.  Is there any way for anyone to know what you have without downloading them and looking inside?

Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2010 June 21, 03:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My 4Shared has been updated to date with the Dr. Pepper items. As usual, let me know if I'm missing anything and I'll address it as soon as I have a chance.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/7urUdJzW/S3P.html

Your files are oddly labeled.  Is there any way for anyone to know what you have without downloading them and looking inside?

They're labeled with the same convention as the first post in this thread, where I originally started getting the files. Therefore, you can generally use that post to measure what is in the archive. Example: U13 is the 13th update. It is all of the items from the 13th month since Sims 3 has been out, which also happens to be this month. It also happens to be a partial month, since it isn't over yet. All files to the date on that 7zip are present from this month's updates. I have them separated by major sets and everything else, essentially the same as the main update post does. Starting with items from July 1 and on, I will have a U14 folder going and updated as I have time.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Sabrewulf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2010 June 28, 13:05:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This isn't completely related to the store but it's about the Dr. Pepper Items....

I'm wondering if anyone has any download links for the dr pepper items? In Particular the ponytail, red tracksuit, lips couch, beach chair, surfing suit, surf board and that yellow top.

I can't stand dr pepper but I like the items :p
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2010 June 28, 13:14:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This isn't completely related to the store but it's about the Dr. Pepper Items....

I'm wondering if anyone has any download links for the dr pepper items? In Particular the ponytail, red tracksuit, lips couch, beach chair, surfing suit, surf board and that yellow top.

SEARCH MOAR.

Decker
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2010 June 28, 18:26:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question regarding the fences from the sims store. I have all of the available store items (and other official stuff) and when I decrapify and install them via the launcher, all of them show up in my game without problems. The only exception are some of the fences. Notably, they all belong to either the Hewnsman or the Ultra Lounge set. However, I don`t believe that the correponding .sims3pack files I use are corrupted. I downloaded and tested them from different sources. Additionally, when I install the unmodified files using base game/WA version 1.7/2.2, and copy the .dbc files into the mod folder of my currrent game (1.12/2.7/3.3/4.0) all the fences do show up. Am I the only one experiencing this, or is this a flaw with the current compressor/decrapifyer version (similar like the old issues with the fireplaces or ultra lounge counter, which were fixed)?
Sabrewulf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2010 July 01, 11:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SEARCH MOAR.

I have SEARCHED MOAR but I can't find all of them.

I've found some of them (lips couch, retro couch, yellow top)

but the adult female ponytail, surfboard and that surfing suit I still can't find. I looked in all the store update downloads
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2010 July 01, 13:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SEARCH MOAR.

I have SEARCHED MOAR but I can't find all of them.

I've found some of them (lips couch, retro couch, yellow top)

but the adult female ponytail, surfboard and that surfing suit I still can't find. I looked in all the store update downloads

Uh, they are posted in the last three posts in the main Store downloads thread, so not exactly hidden. Also they are in MistyK's 4Shared directory as 'Dr. Pepper Beach Stuff'.

Note that the actual files are named somewhat differently than their names on the website, so Pepper's Pony Tail is the file afHairHatSTOREPonytailLong.Sims3Pack, etc.

In general the Store Downloads thread, is, as its name implies, just for store downloads. It is moderated to be free of extraneous posts and contains only downloads. For the most recently released store/bonus content, read the replies in reverse order and check the last page first.

Tomislaw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2010 July 01, 18:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New updates - The Sims Store! Smiley
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2010 July 01, 19:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New updates - The Sims Store! Smiley

No links to files yet, these are just links to the store.

Romanza
Zen Again
Adrenaline Rush

The last one is free, but it's just a shirt and a soccer trophy.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2010 July 01, 20:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupido me. I just bought the Zen set, with my carefully guarded 1000 initial sim points - and I don't have the friggin launcher on this laptop.

Edit: recaptured stray zero.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 01, 21:56:13 by witch » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: