More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:50:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2152449 times)
dragonheart
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #2775 on: 2012 November 16, 05:20:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also decrapped the file myself, and for the purposes of the StoreFix files, I wanted to mention that the megaphone is missing when you use the Talk to Plants interaction on the Gardening Station.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: 2012 November 16, 05:45:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ Rubyelf and dragonheart:  Since you're using decrapped items, it may be better to post your issues in KT's Store Fixes thread.  If he can't fix it, no one can.  (Jeez, am I channeling a cheerleader, or what?  Cheesy)

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: 2012 November 16, 11:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Missing object resource issue is the same thing that happens to all premium content (with accessories) when de-crapped. The problem is already fixed with KT's fixes because he was very quick to update.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: 2012 November 16, 11:28:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Missing object resource issue is the same thing that happens to all premium content (with accessories) when de-crapped. The problem is already fixed with KT's fixes because he was very quick to update.

It wasn't updated when I first posted this, as I'd only just downloaded the fix this morning, hence why I posted the information.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: 2012 November 16, 12:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just decrapified that Japanese cooking store set, then used Multi Installer to make it into .packages so I could merge the set into one .package. I do this all the time. For some reason, though, S3PE won't open any of the extracted packages - due to them being a store item. But I decrapified them. I've been out of the loop for the last few months - has something changed in this process?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: 2012 November 16, 13:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works fine for me.  Make sure you're not using an outdated version of Compressorizer.  If that's not it, try using just the decrapify function without compressing the file.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Dramagirlie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: 2012 November 16, 15:32:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if there are plans to turn the Greenhouse community lot into a .package file once it is fully fixed?

"Some of us are just trying to get through the day without breaking something."
-Pacey Whitter
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: 2012 November 16, 16:47:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if there are plans to turn the Greenhouse community lot into a .package file once it is fully fixed?

I think that's more of a question for yourself, no? Are you too speshul to have to do it yourself?
« Last Edit: 2012 November 16, 18:01:53 by kissing_toast » Logged

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Dramagirlie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: 2012 November 16, 17:04:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was only asking because I am on a Mac and am not able to download the correct Xcode to be able to decrapify .sims3pack files myself.

"Some of us are just trying to get through the day without breaking something."
-Pacey Whitter
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: 2012 November 16, 17:16:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By fully fixed, you mean what? The little building modifications to make it so it doesn't snow on the inside? Everyone's expected to do that in game on their own.
It would probably have to be two .packages, one decrapified lot file to stick in the Library folder, and the combined decrapified objects to go in mods. I assume, that's what I did with all the Venue sets, I'm not sure how everyone else handled that shit. Does a combined .package of of all the objects plus the lot work in the Library folder?

I think that's more of a question for yourself, no? Are you too speshul to have to do it yourself?
I know this is ridiculous coming from me, but you have misplaced something.  Wink

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: 2012 November 16, 18:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does a combined .package of of all the objects plus the lot work in the Library folder?
As odd as it sounds, yes it works. It's like a secondary Mods folder. No idea about the loading priority it has though. However it's really easy to totally forget about the items installed this way so it's not an awesome place to stuff the items (like in case of yet another Pets disaster).
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: 2012 November 16, 20:43:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone tested the mid-century modern diner chair yet? The op uploaded the fixed version but I still get a routing issue. Would someone more awesome than me like to give it a looksie?

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: 2012 November 16, 20:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone tested the mid-century modern diner chair yet? The op uploaded the fixed version but I still get a routing issue. Would someone more awesome than me like to give it a looksie?

Did you uninstall the old one first?

virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: 2012 November 16, 21:00:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you uninstall the old one first?

Yes, I had the old one installed. I went through the painful process of finding it and uninstalling it and then re-installed the fixed version. I gather from your question that I'll have to take further steps to get it working again?

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: 2012 November 17, 00:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Skadi,

Thank you so much!!!!! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your soft spot for us mac people and you generosity in sharing!

Thanks again!

Oh, Skadi.  See what you've done?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2790 on: 2012 November 17, 04:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've spent the last many hours downloading and extracting to .package the store files from knightguys posts on the front page of this thread.

- downloaded the files
- extracted to .package with Delphy's MultiInstaller tool.

The idea, probably obviously, being to then create larger merged packages from the individual packages in order to try to ensmallen the size of it all a bit. However, I'm running into a strange issue with s3pe when I try to import the extracted .packages. It makes no difference if I import ...from package or ...to dbc. It doesn't matter how many or how few packages I try to import. I continuously get this error message:

Could not open package PACKAGENAME.package. Expected magic tag 'DBPF'.  Found 'DBPP'.

I can find zero reference to this error in any searches either here, googled, or on the s3pe forums. I have posted there as well. Since there are others here who have already gone through this process and seemingly not had this issue, I thought I'd poke in while I wait and see if anyone might have an idea what would be causing this error.

eta* I've done no decrapifying or recompressing. I was saving that for the final merged product.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: 2012 November 17, 04:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

eta* I've done no decrapifying or recompressing.

Answered your own question there buddy. You have to at least run them through the s3cr in order to open them up in s3pe, either as packs or packages.

myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: 2012 November 17, 05:01:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Naturally it would be glaringly simple. Back to it then.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: 2012 November 17, 12:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

eta* I've done no decrapifying or recompressing.

Answered your own question there buddy. You have to at least run them through the s3cr in order to open them up in s3pe, either as packs or packages.

So any thoughts on my chair throwing a fit?

ETA: I got the chairs to work by using the old upload of the Mid-century modern dining and style set. The old file is slightly smaller than the new one. I downloaded the new file again from here to make sure I hadn't installed the old one again by mistake. I made sure I deleted the dining and style set before re-installing the content but the chairs still wouldn't work. So in my desperation I just used the old file and now the chairs work.

From what I understood, the reason the chairs are glitching is because one got included with the Drifter's desire set? So if you have both installed it would render the chair unusable. I realized too late that I probably should have been troubleshooting the Drifter's set instead. Does anybody know what exactly was fixed for the Mid-century dining set? There were just missing stencils, right?
« Last Edit: 2012 November 18, 00:23:55 by virgali » Logged

Jen
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: 2012 November 18, 18:54:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello to everybody!
Im new!
Where i can find the "Baby swing" link of the sims 3 store??

Thanks a lot!
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: 2012 November 18, 19:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello to everybody!
Im new!
Where i can find the "Baby swing" link of the sims 3 store??

Thanks a lot!

Welcome! Now go fuck yourself!  Smiley

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: 2012 November 18, 19:25:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AIDE, I AM DISAPPOINT.  IS THIS HOW I TAUGHT YOU TO ACT?

You were supposed to tell her to go fuck herself sideways.

virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: 2012 November 18, 19:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I gotta love how the tard gets all the attention while my questions are being ignored.

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: 2012 November 18, 19:46:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I ignore a question, it means I don't know the answer and don't want to confuse the issue.

virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: 2012 November 18, 20:32:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well for what it's worth I finished troubleshooting and the "fixed" Mid-century modern dining and style set file that was uploaded here contains the borked chair. The chair only works with the old file.

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: