The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here

<< < (395/667) > >>

notouching:
Quote from: kissing_toast on 2012 January 28, 13:03:22

Quote from: jaldeer on 2012 January 28, 07:10:28

I'll try it out & report if my spellbook has it's animations.  I'm certain my fountain has been working like it should and the ladle showed up on the cauldron & the voodoo doll I think was working properly.  I know I saw the needle.  

Edit:  This is weird.  I put your fix in, went to a house that already had the spellbook on the lot and the animations showed up, but, I noticed it was gone from buy mode (it's supposed to be in miscellaneous entertainment).  I know it was there before.  Weird.

This is happening to you because you're using a legit copy of the book. The "fix" includes non decrapped package versions of the SB(what you have) and FOY. To avoid doubles in the catalogue I set them to not show up. I'll make a version that they show up in later today, or you can do so yourself with S3PE, it only takes a second. You should be able to fix it by deleting the OBJD file for the spell book, there's only two of those in the package so it's easy to find, one's for the FOY one's for the SB.  

Quote from: Capitaine Marie on 2012 January 28, 08:16:53

Quote from: kissing_toast on 2012 January 28, 06:55:57

OK. Figured it out, I think. This file contains the old SB and FOY fix, which is really just the objects as packages with a merged BUFF file. But, I've added my BUFF file and my spoon and needle to it as well. This Should work. All you need is this file and the objects installed. Fingers crossed.

So, just to clarify:  With the current fix, we need to have the Magic objects installed, but not the spellbook or fountain?

You need them all installed aside from the "fix" as decrapped sim3packs, I only say that because that's how I have it installed so that's the only way I can say for sure that it works. As for the enchant thing, the only thing I've noticed it do is add the flying ghost effect to the other objects. No clue as to whether it actually does anything though.

Yes, everything needs to be installed as de-crapped sims3packs. I thought I'd just confirm because I did try a couple other methods. I tried at first with crapified packages, but it didn't work (I expected as much but the lazy in me was hoping for the impossible). I had the spell book and FOY installed as a package file, with the fixes, which I also had to take out. Once everything was in my game with de-crapped sims3packs, it worked perfectly.

jezzer:
I have decrapped combined packages.  I will test the functionality.

PajamaRick:
Quote from: notouching on 2012 January 28, 16:55:45

Yes, everything needs to be installed as de-crapped sims3packs. I thought I'd just confirm because I did try a couple other methods. I tried at first with crapified packages, but it didn't work (I expected as much but the lazy in me was hoping for the impossible). I had the spell book and FOY installed as a package file, with the fixes, which I also had to take out. Once everything was in my game with de-crapped sims3packs, it worked perfectly.

Just to add, for those who prefer to only use .package files, I used kissing_toast's fix and replaced the two SpellBook & Fountain Of Youth OBJD files with the ones from the original SB/FOY fix (so they would show up in the Buy catalog) and then merged it with the cauldron, voodoo doll, and crystal ball (non-decrapped .package files) in s3pe!
Using the merged package, all the objects show up in game with animations & moodlets! 
  :)
Baa

kissing_toast:
Here is another fix, hopefully the final product. This SHOULD work for sim3pack, decrapped sim3pack, and packaged versions of all of the items.

The thing I need tested with this one is whether or not the spell book and fountain of youth not only show up in game but both animate correctly, ghosts when learning a spell and waterfall and sparkles in the FOY. Testing of course from someone not using decrapped sim3packs.

MagicSetFixV2 - Use if you are missing strings with V3 and you are too lazy to uninstall/reinstall objects
MagicSetFixV3 - Final product

mistyk:
Quote from: kissing_toast on 2012 January 29, 00:17:31

Here is another fix, hopefully the final product. This SHOULD work for sim3pack, decrapped sim3pack, and packaged versions of all of the items.

The thing I need tested with this one is whether or not the spell book and fountain of youth not only show up in game but both animate correctly, ghosts when learning a spell and waterfall and sparkles in the FOY. Testing of course from someone not using decrapped sim3packs.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ltx51sm617ca7um

I have all store bought items, I tested with the fix .package, and everything seems to work fine, except for the spell book, my sim would walk over to it, jump and then be a bit away from it. I tested it without the fix .package and she still jumps from the spell book, so I think that is an issue all its own.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page