More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 11:30:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2162618 times)
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #1950 on: 2012 January 27, 20:46:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ninja'd. I was going to post that my first test was in fact decrapped with a batch and the doll worked, except for the missing moodlets. Just like the S3RC only test. Testing again with an S3RC&decrapped set broke the doll and the action never happens. So as it is we'll have to remove the spellbook - again - until a fix is made.
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: 2012 January 27, 21:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like the problem with the moodlets is the BUFF file. The spellbook, fountain of youth, cauldron, and voodoo doll all share the same instance number for that file, so one of them is always overwriting all the others.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1952 on: 2012 January 27, 23:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a brief poke around. So far with the legit Magic stuff, and the .package spellbook and spell book fix I get the appropriate animations from the spell book and crystal ball. I will check the cauldron when I have something to throw in it.
« Last Edit: 2012 January 28, 03:35:39 by Skadi » Logged

Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: 2012 January 27, 23:53:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the fix.  I'm gonna test it out now.  Ever since I've had both the library and Hidden Springs, it's bugged me one doesn't work.  EA will never fix this.  I don't think they care.

Edit: I put in your fix and tried it out - the spellbook still doesn't have the animations.  I thought your fix would work on that.
« Last Edit: 2012 January 28, 00:40:20 by jaldeer » Logged
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: 2012 January 28, 02:32:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the fix.  I'm gonna test it out now.  Ever since I've had both the library and Hidden Springs, it's bugged me one doesn't work.  EA will never fix this.  I don't think they care.

Edit: I put in your fix and tried it out - the spellbook still doesn't have the animations.  I thought your fix would work on that.

What animations are missing? I've never had that problem and still don't.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: 2012 January 28, 04:43:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the spellbook, the moons, stars, & ghosts you get when your sim reads the book.  My sim can still use it though.  As far as I know, the fountain works.
« Last Edit: 2012 January 28, 04:48:17 by jaldeer » Logged
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: 2012 January 28, 05:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the spellbook, the moons, stars, & ghosts you get when your sim reads the book.  My sim can still use it though.  As far as I know, the fountain works.

I've never had that problem. Are you using awesomemod? Are you using decrapped sim3packs?

Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: 2012 January 28, 05:18:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not using awesome mod, but, if that helps  I would & I'm not using decrapped sims3packs.  I had enough points back when it came out, and I bought it.  I'll do whatever to get it to work properly since I'm sure EA won't fix it themselves.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: 2012 January 28, 05:27:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not using awesome mod, but, if that helps  I would & I'm not using decrapped sims3packs.  I had enough points back when it came out, and I bought it.  I'll do whatever to get it to work properly since I'm sure EA won't fix it themselves.

Try it with AM.

YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: 2012 January 28, 06:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's what I've done:
Downloaded your fix...

1st Test:

Tested with Decrapped Sims3pack Magic Set and Simon's Fixed package file combo for the Fountain of Youth and Spellbook.
Result: No Voodoo Moodlets, Spellbook calls it quits four seconds into "practicing" (the Makin' Magic Moodlet is still visible when this occurs, though) and it also has begun to spout out advice on how to use it (this never happened before), the Fountain still trickles, the Fortune-telling Orb is unremarkable, and the Caldron has no spoon. 

2nd Test:

Tested with Decrapped Sims3pack Magic Set  and removed Simon's combo package.
Result: Voodoo Doll gives Moodlets, The Fortune-telling Orb gave one of my test sims an "Unlucky" Moodlet, and the Caldron still has no spoon.

3rd Test:

I then managed to recover some of my older single files of the Fountain of Youth (package file) and the Spellbook (Sims3pack file). I tested with those, and the results were: Voodoo Doll gives Moodlets, The Fortune-telling Orb gave a Moodlet, the Fountain works (but as none of my test sims have aged yet, I really cannot say for certain) the Caldron still has no spoon, and now my Spellbook has no moons or otherwise funky effects.

For the record, my files are all Decrapped, my game is fully patched, and I do have AwesomeMod.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: 2012 January 28, 06:55:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK. Figured it out, I think. This file contains the old SB and FOY fix, which is really just the objects as packages with a merged BUFF file. But, I've added my BUFF file and my spoon and needle to it as well. This Should work. All you need is this file and the objects installed. Fingers crossed.

Any who, I'll keep trying until I get it right. I can now assure you that in my game I now have all effects(sparkles and ghosts) working and all moodlets showing up and working, along with the spoon and needle.

http://www.mediafire.com/?er2bqyge7mbcrkh

I've deleted my other posts with links to avoid confusion.
« Last Edit: 2012 January 28, 07:01:35 by kissing_toast » Logged

Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: 2012 January 28, 07:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try it out & report if my spellbook has it's animations.  I'm certain my fountain has been working like it should and the ladle showed up on the cauldron & the voodoo doll I think was working properly.  I know I saw the needle.  

Edit:  This is weird.  I put your fix in, went to a house that already had the spellbook on the lot and the animations showed up, but, I noticed it was gone from buy mode (it's supposed to be in miscellaneous entertainment).  I know it was there before.  Weird.
« Last Edit: 2012 January 28, 07:37:24 by jaldeer » Logged
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: 2012 January 28, 07:28:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huzzah! Everything is working perfectly on my end now.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

nahcujam
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: 2012 January 28, 08:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try it out & report if my spellbook has it's animations.  I'm certain my fountain has been working like it should and the ladle showed up on the cauldron & the voodoo doll I think was working properly.  I know I saw the needle.  

Edit:  This is weird.  I put your fix in, went to a house that already had the spellbook on the lot and the animations showed up, but, I noticed it was gone from buy mode (it's supposed to be in miscellaneous entertainment).  I know it was there before.  Weird.

With the previous fix a while ago, I tested the game, can't find the cauldron, but the spellbook is my buy mode... (I'm using decrapped, S3p files.) goin' to test with the new fix... I'm trying to find the cauldron in my launcher, but so hard to look for one item in it...
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: 2012 January 28, 08:16:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK. Figured it out, I think. This file contains the old SB and FOY fix, which is really just the objects as packages with a merged BUFF file. But, I've added my BUFF file and my spoon and needle to it as well. This Should work. All you need is this file and the objects installed. Fingers crossed.

So, just to clarify:  With the current fix, we need to have the Magic objects installed, but not the spellbook or fountain?

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: 2012 January 28, 08:57:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, just to clarify:  With the current fix, we need to have the Magic objects installed, but not the spellbook or fountain?

No. The new fix does not include the FOY or the SB. Install those files (and the Magic set) as you normally would, then add the fix.

nahcujam
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: 2012 January 28, 09:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the fix, Everything works fine with animation and moodlets now... and the needle and laddle.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: 2012 January 28, 11:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to add, in case people aren't aware, it states on the official website that with this new magic set, the spellbook should receive new playability with the option to "enchant" these new objects for extra/different effects.
Can't try this myself though as I don't have the magic book and have no intention of getting it.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: 2012 January 28, 11:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to add, in case people aren't aware, it states on the official website that with this new magic set, the spellbook should receive new playability with the option to "enchant" these new objects for extra/different effects.
Can't try this myself though as I don't have the magic book and have no intention of getting it.
I tried it yesterday on the crystal ball, it's the same thing than with the spellbook. The item looks like when it is in use but without any sim using it. Only useful for pretty pics I guess.

kissing_toast, your magic fix posted yesterday works perfectly. I used the previously posted here Spellbook&FOY merged package, your uncrapped accessories and put the fix in the override folder (only for easier maintenance). My sim was able to learn a new spell, get younger one day, torture a sim with the doll and recieved a present in her mailbox from the crystal ball. Everything had perfectly working moodlets and FXs. The only thing I didn't test is the cauldron.
« Last Edit: 2012 January 28, 12:02:43 by Painkiller » Logged
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: 2012 January 28, 13:03:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit:  This is weird.  I put your fix in, went to a house that already had the spellbook on the lot and the animations showed up, but, I noticed it was gone from buy mode (it's supposed to be in miscellaneous entertainment).  I know it was there before.  Weird.

This is happening to you because you're using a legit copy of the book. The "fix" includes non decrapped package versions of the SB(what you have) and FOY. To avoid doubles in the catalogue I set them to not show up. I'll make a version that they show up in later today, or you can do so yourself with S3PE, it only takes a second. You should be able to fix it by deleting the OBJD file for the spell book, there's only two of those in the package so it's easy to find, one's for the FOY one's for the SB.   

So, just to clarify:  With the current fix, we need to have the Magic objects installed, but not the spellbook or fountain?

You need them all installed aside from the "fix" as decrapped sim3packs, I only say that because that's how I have it installed so that's the only way I can say for sure that it works. As for the enchant thing, the only thing I've noticed it do is add the flying ghost effect to the other objects. No clue as to whether it actually does anything though.
« Last Edit: 2012 January 28, 13:23:19 by kissing_toast » Logged

notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: 2012 January 28, 16:55:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit:  This is weird.  I put your fix in, went to a house that already had the spellbook on the lot and the animations showed up, but, I noticed it was gone from buy mode (it's supposed to be in miscellaneous entertainment).  I know it was there before.  Weird.

This is happening to you because you're using a legit copy of the book. The "fix" includes non decrapped package versions of the SB(what you have) and FOY. To avoid doubles in the catalogue I set them to not show up. I'll make a version that they show up in later today, or you can do so yourself with S3PE, it only takes a second. You should be able to fix it by deleting the OBJD file for the spell book, there's only two of those in the package so it's easy to find, one's for the FOY one's for the SB.  

So, just to clarify:  With the current fix, we need to have the Magic objects installed, but not the spellbook or fountain?

You need them all installed aside from the "fix" as decrapped sim3packs, I only say that because that's how I have it installed so that's the only way I can say for sure that it works. As for the enchant thing, the only thing I've noticed it do is add the flying ghost effect to the other objects. No clue as to whether it actually does anything though.

Yes, everything needs to be installed as de-crapped sims3packs. I thought I'd just confirm because I did try a couple other methods. I tried at first with crapified packages, but it didn't work (I expected as much but the lazy in me was hoping for the impossible). I had the spell book and FOY installed as a package file, with the fixes, which I also had to take out. Once everything was in my game with de-crapped sims3packs, it worked perfectly.
« Last Edit: 2012 January 28, 21:17:06 by notouching » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: 2012 January 28, 19:59:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have decrapped combined packages.  I will test the functionality.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Count
PajamaRick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: 2012 January 28, 22:27:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, everything needs to be installed as de-crapped sims3packs. I thought I'd just confirm because I did try a couple other methods. I tried at first with crapified packages, but it didn't work (I expected as much but the lazy in me was hoping for the impossible). I had the spell book and FOY installed as a package file, with the fixes, which I also had to take out. Once everything was in my game with de-crapped sims3packs, it worked perfectly.

Just to add, for those who prefer to only use .package files, I used kissing_toast's fix and replaced the two SpellBook & Fountain Of Youth OBJD files with the ones from the original SB/FOY fix (so they would show up in the Buy catalog) and then merged it with the cauldron, voodoo doll, and crystal ball (non-decrapped .package files) in s3pe!
Using the merged package, all the objects show up in game with animations & moodlets! 
  Smiley
Baa
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: 2012 January 29, 00:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is another fix, hopefully the final product. This SHOULD work for sim3pack, decrapped sim3pack, and packaged versions of all of the items.

The thing I need tested with this one is whether or not the spell book and fountain of youth not only show up in game but both animate correctly, ghosts when learning a spell and waterfall and sparkles in the FOY. Testing of course from someone not using decrapped sim3packs.

MagicSetFixV2 - Use if you are missing strings with V3 and you are too lazy to uninstall/reinstall objects
MagicSetFixV3 - Final product
« Last Edit: 2012 January 29, 15:39:25 by kissing_toast » Logged

mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: 2012 January 29, 01:28:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is another fix, hopefully the final product. This SHOULD work for sim3pack, decrapped sim3pack, and packaged versions of all of the items.

The thing I need tested with this one is whether or not the spell book and fountain of youth not only show up in game but both animate correctly, ghosts when learning a spell and waterfall and sparkles in the FOY. Testing of course from someone not using decrapped sim3packs.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ltx51sm617ca7um

I have all store bought items, I tested with the fix .package, and everything seems to work fine, except for the spell book, my sim would walk over to it, jump and then be a bit away from it. I tested it without the fix .package and she still jumps from the spell book, so I think that is an issue all its own.

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: