More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:04:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Store content hidden stencils enabled - New Generations/Store 6/28
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Store content hidden stencils enabled - New Generations/Store 6/28  (Read 89198 times)
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Store content hidden stencils enabled - New Generations/Store 6/28
« on: 2010 July 05, 00:45:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit 7/15: Added Modern Asian screen. I think it was a SimPoint reward at some point.
Edit 11/5: Added stencils for Moroccan set.
Edit 12/2: Added stencils for Woodland set and Moroccan end table SimPoint reward.
Edit 12/3: Added screen from Tiki set. Also two stencils by Havelock here.
Edit 1/6: Added painting from Year of the Rabbit set.
Edit 1/29: Added pitcher from Olympian Physique set.
Edit 6/03: Added (imperfect) fix for Generations castle bunk beds here.
Edit 6/28: Two Animal set windows by kissing_toast here and here (defaults underneath). Unlocked Generations stencils by Goggalor here.

While poking around the store files, I noticed quite a few objects have extra stencils that were never enabled for reasons surpassing understanding. I have added new presets to each of these objects so you'll have the original stencils plus the unlocked ones. The mods pull from the installed textures so the files are very tiny but should work fine.

CastleInterior - Unlocked blue/red decals for each
Royal Rest Slab-o-Wood Double Bed, §3,300
The Great Lord So-and-So's Shield and Sword, §480
The Banner of the Bold, §275
Troubadour Table, §320
Noble End Table, §295

Animals_Fullset
Animal Friends Wall Light, §70 - Unlocked three animal stencils

Animals_Fullset2 - Unlocked three animal stencils for each
Little Princess Desk, §125
Bronco 100HP Wall Light, §60

Asian_Fusion
Doorways to Happiness by Feng Shui, §315 - Unlocked three door stencils

Storybook_Fullset - Unlocked yellow/purple/grey stencils for each
Storybook Door by Adventure Carpentry, §160
Magique Arch, §80
Once Upon a Glowy Glow Glowlamp, §60
Storybook Column, §97
Fantasie Bay Window, §280
Fleur de Glee Stencil Pane, §100
Magique Window, §150

SportsLivingSet
Rare Autographed Athlete Photo, §200 - Unlocked two extra photos

SportsLifeTeen_Set
Burning Out Motorcycle Helmet, §175 - Unlocked two extra decals
Soccer End Table, §180 - Unlocked two extra balls

sculpturePartitionModernAsian2x1
Commanding Shoji Screen, §300 - Unlocked three stencils

MoroccanSet
Desert Dynasty Coffee Table, §275 - Unlocked one stencil
Empyrean Luxury Loveseat, §800 - Unlocked three stencils
Divine Divan, §900 (unpictured) - Unlocked three stencils, same as loveseat

tableEndMoroccan
Means to an End Table, §175 - Unlocked one stencil

WoodlandSet - Unlocked one stencil for each
Tree Saw Wall Sculpture, §125
Cast Iron Skillet Wall Sculpture, §85
Desert Designs Sofa, §895
Desert Designs Coffee Table, §255

TikiFullset
Lanai Privacy Screen, §205 - Unlocked two stencils

YearofRabbit11Set
New Year Rabbit Painting, §350 - Unlocked two stencils

OlympianPhysiqueset
Greek Pitcher, §450 - Unlocked one stencil

The storybook counters and cabinets also have stencils but I ran into a few problems with unlocking those so I just left them alone in the end.

Pick your poison--each zip contains packages sorted by set so you can choose the ones you have or want. Put wherever you please in your Mods\Packages folder, but make sure they're in a folder that overrides your store files if you keep those in package form (do NOT replace them with these; just put them in a folder that has a higher priority). If you have packages that you know are not decrapified or you have bought and installed your store content directly, use the unmodified ones. I started with the decrapified and worked backwards so I haven't tested the unmodified ones extensively but from what I did test they worked fine. Let me know if there's an issue.

* Clara_UnlockedStencils_Unmodified.zip (29.39 KB - downloaded 1756 times.)
* Clara_UnlockedStencils_Decrapified.zip (28.18 KB - downloaded 2062 times.)
« Last Edit: 2011 June 28, 10:58:37 by Clara » Logged
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
Re: Store content hidden stencils enabled
« Reply #1 on: 2010 July 05, 12:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh wow nice, I knew I wasn't going crazy! Every time I use the animal set for a kids bedroom, when I come to the lights, I keep going for them expecting to find one to match the rest of the items forgetting that for some reason they didnt have matching choices like everything else! It's been bugging me because it's like "They *should* be there!" So it's a relief to have these ^_^ Though yeah, why they weren't there to begin with is a whole 'nother issue.

And I'm a bit confused and didn't quite understand how to install these. I know nothing of folder priorities on how to set or check them, do I just install these the same way as the re-categorized store clothing mods?

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 July 05, 13:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I could have been a lot clearer.

If you decrapify and install through the launcher:
- Put the decrapified versions anywhere in Mods\Packages and you're done.

If you buy content and install through the launcher:
- Put the unmodified versions anywhere in Mods\Packages and you're done.

If you extract to package (decrapified or not):
- Your Resource.cfg probably says something like

Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Store/*.package

Above that, put

Priority 501
PackedFile Overrides/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Store/*.package

And now make a folder called Overrides in Mods\ and stick the decrapified version of the mods (if you use decrapified store packages) or the unmodified version (if you use non-decrapified store packages) in that folder. Resource.cfg doesn't have to look exactly like that, you just want to make sure the Priority for the folder you put the mods in is higher than the Priority for the folder with the store content.
Datch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 July 06, 00:13:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First of all, thanks for making these files. I was always ranting about EA not making complete sets for any type of furniture!

I installed the files for the Animals_Fullset, Animals_Fullset2 and SportsLivingSet. I installed the unmodified versions using the override folder method above. I have the new presets in my game for all the items presented in the first post, except for the Little Princess Desk (the 2 wall lamps for example work okay).

I have the usual preset as well as one preset that I saved myself for the desk, but none of the new presets shown in the picture. Instead there is another item without a thumbnail costing $125 (same price as the desk). I cannot select this item and place it in the game and there are no details menu popping out when I click on the thumbnail.
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 July 06, 00:43:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same problem - I installed the decrapified version and put it in a folder named Overrides that was mentioned and I added the line mentioned to my Rescource.cfg.  When I got into the game (I downloaded all the stencils), I had items without thumbnails and I couldn't select it.  I noticed that the soccer end table, the autographed photo painting,  and the helmet had the unlocked stencils.  The Animals wall light had 2 thumbnails (both had pictures) and one had the unlocked stencils and the other didn't same for the Animals desk.  The castle set didn't have the unlocked stencils and there was another one without a thumbnail and I couldn't select it.  I didn't check the Storybook set or the Asian Fusion.

Edit:  I have all the store stuff in .packages.  June 2009 - Feb. 2010 are Exangel's .packages.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 06, 04:42:27 by jaldeer » Logged
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 July 06, 00:58:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be clear, you both have store items installed by package? It's possible, if you downloaded your store packages extracted by someone else, that some are decrapified and some are not. That would explain the doubling up of catalogue entries because the game sees them as two separate objects. For the sets that don't work try downloading the version you didn't use before and look again. Datch, let me know if with the decrapified Animals_Fullset2 the desk shows up but the wall light then disappears when you try this.
Datch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 July 06, 01:22:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the store items are installed as packages. I downloaded them as Fullsets packages from the store download thread here at MATY. It seems unlikely that some items have been decrapified and some not within the same set (the bunny wall light and the desk are both in the same set).

I tried using the decrapified files instead of the unmodified ones, but without success. The items appear in the list (and they have thumbnails) but cannot be placed in the game and there are no details/preview for them. The desk new presets do not appear when I use the decrapified files, the situation for the desk remains is identical (ie: as descibed above using the unmodified version).
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 July 06, 03:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is stumping me. I removed all traces of decrapified content from my game, cleared caches, ran Animals_Fullset2.sims3pack through s3rc, extracted to package, and set up my Mods folder similar to what I described using the unmodified version of the override. The desk and wall light both work fine for me including the added stencils. Can you upload your Animals_Fullset2.package somewhere so I can take a look?
Datch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 July 06, 05:05:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So the problem likely comes from my specific setup. I merged several store content packages into one huge .package file to use in my game, so it wouldn't be possible to upload that one. I thought the merge could be responsible for my problem. I mean, the two override files (one for Animal_Fullset and one for Animal_Fullset2) were trying to modify items in the same package.

But then I replaced the merged package file with the original individual sets in package format (Fullset and Fullset2) and the problem is still there. Both wall lamps work but the desk doesn't. If you wish to take a look, I have uploaded my Animal_Fullset2.package here: http://www.mediafire.com/?mztrzojo3tj.
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 July 06, 12:43:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having two overrides modifying one merged package isn't an problem--it's something wacky with the set itself. The instance numbers for several objects are completely different from what they should be, which is why neither override is working. I'm not even sure how this can happen through the regular method people use to extract these packages. Where did you download it originally? I hope it's not the most popular version of the set in package form because it means these objects wouldn't show up in any houses people download with them and this kind of mod wouldn't work and they wouldn't know why.

I would recommend downloading a different Animals_Fullset2.package or extracting your own after running the sims3pack through s3rc. After that the unmodified version of the mod should work. For anyone using store stuff in package form who is missing every object from a given set, instead of some but not others, try using the version of the mod (unmodified/decrapified) you hadn't used before first. If it still doesn't work it's possible the set you downloaded needs to be redownloaded from another source.
Datch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 July 07, 06:47:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for taking the time to look at the file. I found where my issues were coming from, there is nothing wrong with your files.

The Animals_Fullset2.package that I was using had recategorized items. I hadn't realized this when I first downloaded. That would explain why some instance numbers are different! The sets were compiled by exangel42 and are available on the store download threat here at MATY. I don't know if it's the most popular version, it was convenient for me because several sets were already merged in one package. I downloaded the Animals_Fullset2 from another source and every preset now show up correctly.
RawrKitty
Tasty Tourist

RAWR!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 July 07, 07:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was also having the same problem with some of the unlocked stencils not showing up while others appear just fine. As Datch has pointed out, the unlocked stencils will not work with any recategorized files. So I removed the offending Recategorizer mods and all unlocked stencils now appear as they should. Thanks for figuring that one out Datch!
« Last Edit: 2010 July 07, 07:22:01 by RawrKitty » Logged
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 July 07, 07:20:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After reading Datch's last post, Exangel did recategorize some of the store sets.  So I bet that's where my problem is too - I might redo the Castle Interior Set, Animals Set, Asian Fusion, and the Storybook myself and redownload your stencils and see what happens, but, I bet that's what the problem is.

Edit: I downloaded Exangel's unedited versions of the Castle Interior, Animals, & Asian Fusion (I already had an unedited Storybook), downloaded the decrapified version, and nothing works.  The Sports is ok though.  I'll just stick to the Sports I guess.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 07, 09:22:19 by jaldeer » Logged
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 July 07, 12:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, how puzzling. I myself have recategorized several of the objects in these sets (which I didn't realize until after uploading, so sorry if things appear in a different place than you're used to!) without issue, so it must have been a method I'm unfamiliar with. At least you figured it out and it works now.

jaldeer, I downloaded the CastleInterior.package dated 3/10/10 found here and tried it in my game with the unmodified version of the CastleInterior stencils. They showed up just like they should. Are you sure there's nothing else in your Mods folder that's modifying this set? Try taking out everything but the store package and the stencil override and see if it works then.
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 July 07, 19:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally got it - not only did I have to have the unmodified version of the Castle, both Animal Sets, & the Asian Fusion, but, I had to download the unmodified stencils for those sets (including the Storybook) and the 2 Sports I had to download the decrapified stencils and now all the stencils works.  I was about to give up when I finally got it.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 08, 00:23:57 by jaldeer » Logged
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Store content hidden stencils enabled - Added 7/15
« Reply #15 on: 2010 July 15, 19:04:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Added the Modern Asian screen. It's not a new store item, I just forgot to check it for hidden stencils before.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 16, 01:44:13 by Clara » Logged
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 July 16, 01:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not seeing the unlocked stencils for the screen in the game - I noticed on the date of both decrapified and unmodified that it was the same as before - July 4th - I replaced just the Asian unmodified stencil and no change - just the door has the extra stencils unlocked.  The screen doesn't.
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 July 16, 01:40:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You want the new sculpturePartitionModernAsian2x1 file, not the AsianFusion one. It wasn't a part of that set so I didn't include it in there.
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 July 16, 01:53:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Clara - I got it - I didn't realize that it was by itself in the zip files.
nosoupforyou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 November 03, 14:19:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a brilliant discovery and even better fix. Thanks, Clara.

I saw there was also a missing stencil for the Scarab Rejuvenation Bed from the Explorer's Loot set however the downloaded package I got didn't work for me.

Did you manage to look at this one too?
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 November 03, 16:11:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you use extracted packages for your store content? HugeLunatic uploaded another version of the mod for people who don't decrapify. It should work the same way as mine, just put the mod in an Override folder.
nosoupforyou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 November 04, 07:32:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what is confusing. I have the original s3pack file, the same as all others for which your unlocks have all worked brilliantly. However, I end up with a non-functional thumbnail from which I cannot select the bed. I have just put them in the standard Mods/Packages folder.

I was just thinking perhaps you had done yours differently to HugeLunatic in some way....
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Store content hidden stencils enabled - Added 11/5
« Reply #22 on: 2010 November 05, 20:57:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated to include stencils for Moroccan sofa, loveseat, coffee table.

--

nosoupforyou, I'm afraid I don't know what could be wrong. HL said in the comments that it should be working now for people who have the sims3pack installed. Maybe try downloading the non-decrap file again and putting it in a Mods/Override folder instead of Mods/Packages? I had no trouble with the mod myself.
nosoupforyou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Store content hidden stencils enabled - Added 11/5
« Reply #23 on: 2010 November 06, 02:11:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for your help, I got it working.

Also the Moroccan update was a nice surprise. Good work!
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Store content hidden stencils enabled - Added 12/2
« Reply #24 on: 2010 December 03, 00:49:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated for the new Woodland set. Hope you like cows!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: