More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 20:21:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Store content not showing up in game
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Store content not showing up in game  (Read 9053 times)
Mr Crinkles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Store content not showing up in game
« on: 2010 July 03, 22:57:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Items I have bought from the Sims 3 Store are not showing up in my game. This is with a completely empty "Mods" folder. They are showing in the launcher as being installed, but do not appear in game. Does anyone know why this is/how to fix? Thank you.
varmint
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Store content not showing up in game
« Reply #1 on: 2010 July 03, 23:37:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to yell at you to SEARCH, so let me quickly put in a plug for search's under-appreciated cousin, BROWSE. See that thread that's several threads down from this one? The one that says something about getting custom content to work post-1.12/Ambitions? What? You didn't see it? That's tragic, because it's still on the first page of this forum, it's not as if you had to go spelunking through the archives or anything.

BROWSE MOAR.
Mr Crinkles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 July 04, 04:07:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not had any problems with custom content, only with things purchased from the Sims 3 store.
varmint
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 July 04, 04:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this is all content you purchased from the store, then uninstall it all in the launcher, redownload it from the store and reinstall it. If that doesn't work, then you need to take it up with EA, not MATY. If, for some mysterious reason, you cannot complete all of these steps, then perhaps your store items are exactly the kind of custom content they are already talking about in the thread I previously pointed you towards and to which you were too stupid to shut up and go.
Mr Crinkles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 July 04, 14:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this is all content you purchased from the store, then uninstall it all in the launcher, redownload it from the store and reinstall it. If that doesn't work, then you need to take it up with EA, not MATY.
*** Well, but I was actually hoping to get a useful answer, which is why I asked here and not at EA. Figured people here would know better what to do, and would actually tell me (and btw, I tried uninstalling and redownloading before I made my original post).

If, for some mysterious reason, you cannot complete all of these steps, then perhaps your store items are exactly the kind of custom content they are already talking about in the thread I previously pointed you towards and to which you were too stupid to shut up and go.
*** Actually, I'd already looked at that thread before I made my post, which is why I'm not having trouble with any of my custom content. But I can't see anything in that thread which deals with Sims 3 Store content, only custom content.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 July 04, 15:30:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Despite what you might have heard, no one at MATY has AMAZING PSYCHIC POWERS!!!!11!.  We can't mindscan your computer and tell you what you're doing wrong, which is basically what you're asking us to do with the lack of information you've provided.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 July 04, 16:11:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mr Crinkles,try doing a search other than here on MATY.  Try searching on http://www.bing.com/search?q=Sims+3+Store+content+not+showing+up+in+the+game&go=&form=QBLH&filt=all&qs=n&sk= 
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 July 04, 21:47:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

freckles and Mr Crinkles?!? WTF? Have I wandered into the children's section by mistake?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 July 05, 01:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

freckles and Mr Crinkles?!? WTF? Have I wandered into the children's section by mistake?
DIE, 6'S!!!!

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Mr Crinkles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 July 05, 14:01:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Despite what you might have heard, no one at MATY has AMAZING PSYCHIC POWERS!!!!11!.  We can't mindscan your computer and tell you what you're doing wrong, which is basically what you're asking us to do with the lack of information you've provided.
*** Actually, someone was able to direct me to the information I needed. It's not that I think anyone here is magical or anything (well, maybe Witch), but that I figure someone here will be able to come up with a solution. Which they did. So thank you.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 July 06, 02:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How many fucking times do people need to tell you if you bought the shit from EA and paid them for it but it's not working you need to take it up with them?

If you want to give up installing it the correct way as a legitimate purchase, waste your money, consider it a donation to EA and just start all over and pirate the files that is your business. If that is the case then get off your ass, do a fucking search and don't expect anyone to spoon feed you.

For starters, you're in the wrong section of the board.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: