More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 22:01:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  steel bladder and life time rewards?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: steel bladder and life time rewards?  (Read 5942 times)
joeisthebestithink
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
steel bladder and life time rewards?
« on: 2010 July 03, 15:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

was wondering if i could slow this down heavily?(lifetime reward points)

also like to know if i could get the steel bladder option removed or changed so it does not make toilets pointless, could this be made single file rather than downloading the entirety of the mod??

it seems to crash randomly and sims starve

thanks,joe Cheesy
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: steel bladder and life time rewards?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 July 03, 15:35:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feature is already included as part of MotivePerkRebalance, a default feature of AwesomeMod: Causes Steel Bladder to function similar to the other motive-decay-reduction traits, and makes the benefits also apply to "drain" actions as well, so the Hygiene Clean trait will also reduce the effects of Drain rather than being useless, while Steel Bladder becomes less ridiculous and more realistic. If you're not satisfied with this, make your own.

As for crashing or starving, can't reproduce these behaviors. Will consider implementing anti-sudden-death-by-starvation features as an unrelated issue, though. I suspect what causes starving sims is actually a granularity failure.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 July 03, 15:58:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for sounding stupid, but my dictionary just died on me trying to find the meaning of granularity failure and its possible implicit or connotative aspects. Care to explain?
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 July 03, 16:10:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for sounding stupid, but my dictionary just died on me trying to find the meaning of granularity failure and its possible implicit or connotative aspects. Care to explain?

You're kidding me right?  You choose this forum of all places to fill in the blanks of your search fail.  The internet has tons of dictionaries at your disposal and you choose to ask that here? 

I'm just going to sit back and watch.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 July 03, 16:55:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically, the simulation runs with a variable granularity that controls how often various aspects of it, such as motive decay, update. When the computer becomes overloaded, these updates are spaced out so they run less frequently, and when they don't run frequently enough, you get effects similar to how in some games, if you collide with a wall fast enough, you can clip through it (and fall to your doom into the infinite void on the other side)

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: