More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:27:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Ambitions and AwesomeMod.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ambitions and AwesomeMod.  (Read 11595 times)
dannofdawn
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Ambitions and AwesomeMod.
« on: 2010 July 02, 06:54:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey new here, I have a problem.

I have both WA and Ambitions installed, and are patched up to date.  I also have framework installed.  Just to be sure, I reinstalled framework and remove any other stuff that is not awesome.package.  I followed instructions in the manual and deleted scriptcache.package.  Now I try to start Ambitions, it freeze and doesn't load at all.  Which is the same problem as if awesomemod isn't compatible with Ambitions.  So what is wrong?  If I am correct, http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15185.0.html,  This is the right place to get the latest awesomemod for Ambitions right?  If so, what went wrong?
I DO have installed AwesomeMod with WA b4 Ambitions came out.  as to uninstall Awesomemod, all I did was remove the old .package.  Do I need to delete other stuff too?  My DCCache folder is empty if that matters.  I put the .package in The Sims 3/Mods, do I need to put it in Ambitions/Mods instead?
« Last Edit: 2010 July 02, 07:04:38 by dannofdawn » Logged
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
Re: Ambitions and AwesomeMod.
« Reply #1 on: 2010 July 02, 13:45:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem. You need to put that dll in the right place. d3dx9_31.dll

Look for it in your WA or base game folders and copy it to the ambitions folder.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 July 02, 17:59:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once Ambitions (or the latest patch for those who don't have Ambitions) is installed there is a new process for mods being installed in a different directory. This goes for all mods including awesomemod. The framework is no longer needed.

I suggest your research that process, setup your directory correctly or find a tool to do it and then try again.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
snabul
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 July 02, 21:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still put awesomemod where I did from the beginning and it still works.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 July 02, 21:29:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here. I did have it in the new location, but when Pescado said he was still using the original setup I went back to it. That man knows what he is doing.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
alaira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 July 02, 22:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just did the same thing when updating to ambitions that I did when updating to world adventures and high end loft stuff.  Install a new framework in the new directory, copy all mods over to the newest expansion's directory, then delete old files(leaving the framework in place).  Worked like a charm...no need to fix what isn't broken, imo.  Plus, I don't trust EA's motives.  Why would they do something to make it "easier" for us, and not get anything for themselves in return?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 July 02, 22:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just keep the whole shebang in the sims 3 folder - as always. I do bung the .dll into the game/bin folder in each EP - and HELS, though I don't know if that one is actually required.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 July 02, 22:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been running all my mods under my documents since Ambitions came out with no problems. It removes the need to have to shove everything over to a new directory every time an expansion or stuff pack comes around. Additionally it removes the need to have that extra framework dll file.

Even if the old way still works now I don't trust EA to not screw up it at some point in the future.

*shrug* I guess either works but seems less hassle to have everything in one consistent place.

I would also think the new method is more noob friendly because you only have to set it up once and you don't have to worry about the framework but judging from all the HAAALLLLPPPPP1111111 posts around here lately apparently that is not the case.  Tongue

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 July 02, 23:03:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would also think the new method is more noob friendly because you only have to set it up once and you don't have to worry about the framework but judging from all the HAAALLLLPPPPP1111111 posts around here lately apparently that is not the case.  Tongue

Yes I agree, which is why I haven't confused the issue in threads where you are pointing out 'YOU"RE DOING IT WRONG'. Trouble is, most of the n00bs have finally got the framework going in the original setting, and are now faced with the task of moving again. Oy vey!

Your two links will help many, hopefully, and redirect them to a more n00b-friendly site.

BTW I don't move everything to a new directory each time, it works in the basegame TS3 folder for me, just as always.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 July 02, 23:11:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you just copy the framework DLL to the new expansion's directory? Ah okay. That makes sense. I must admit I completely skipped over the WA/HELS periods so while I did finally grab them when I got Ambitions, this is my first real experience dealing with expansions.

I know it's confusing for the noobs to move the stuff, but since this is supposed to be the officially official EA sanctioned way to do it it should be the last time they ever have to mess with anything to do with mod setup.

In theory. Of course they will find a way to mess things up.  Roll Eyes

And yes, they do need to go over to mod the sims and harass them and not us with their inane posts.

I suppose I will take the approach now that if it works for you, leave it, and if not, go ask somewhere else!

dannofdawn
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 July 03, 02:59:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK I got it to work now, it was really confusing reading  thru different methods from different ppl while searching around.  It actually is much simple than people tell you.  Just in case someone like me who have no idea how mods work with Sims 3, here what I did that works well for me.

Install sims 3 and the expansions and/or stuff packs.

Patch up to latest.

Download Monkey Bars, and use it to install framework.

Put all the mods into mods folder in the core Sims 3 mods folder.

Copy d3dx9_31.dll from Sims 3/game/bin, and paste it into each Expansion and Stuff pack game/bin folder just to be sure.

It should work.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: