More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 23:52:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Reinstallation causing missing files
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Reinstallation causing missing files  (Read 2698 times)
Sariah
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Reinstallation causing missing files
« on: 2010 September 20, 14:13:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen this happen before, but maybe someone here has had this problem?

Last week I decided to do a full uninstall and reinstall of TS3 and the EPs, instead of going through and deleting all of the CC and saved games/sims that idiots made on my PC. Afterward, when I installed TS3 (store bought, CE) and changed the region to manually patch, it stopped at 7% and said I had an invalid file (Fullbuild0). No big deal, I've had that before. I copied the files from my disk and tried again, but no luck. Uninstalled again, cleaned my registry manually and then ran through it with an optimizer. Reinstalled, same problem again, except it was a different file. Repeat process, and now my patcher won't go past 0%, and gets stuck on the StaticPages (?) folder.

My (C:) folder is a replica of what's on the game disk, nothing modified or changed whatsoever. I don't have a problem with installing a Razor version of the base game, to go along with the EPs, but will files start going missing from the ISO as the game seems to be saying they're missing from the CD?
« Last Edit: 2010 September 20, 15:15:43 by Sariah » Logged
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: Reinstallation causing missing files
« Reply #1 on: 2010 September 20, 18:15:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Double-check the install directory to make sure that the game is actually deleting these files when you uninstall. Sometimes a modified file, whether modified by the game itself or not (patch), will stay behind after uninstall because the game thinks its your custom file and it has no right to delete it.

That, or try installing in a different directory.
Sariah
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Reinstallation causing missing files
« Reply #2 on: 2010 September 20, 19:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Each time I uninstalled, it was an entirely clean one. I checked everywhere possible for left-behind files, shortcuts, etc.

I downloaded the Razor version of the game, and when I compare the two, it does seem like files are missing from my TS3-CE disc. Not exactly sure how that happened (as, to my knowledge, the files on the disc should be completely protected from modification), but will be trying a clean install with the arr'ed version.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: