More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:57:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  CTD on startup load screen
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: CTD on startup load screen  (Read 4540 times)
bigpooh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
CTD on startup load screen
« on: 2010 June 30, 04:45:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Short version: My game was running fine but now i CTD on startup after uninstalling and reinstalling AM, how do i fix it? I'm running the latest version of AM with a fully patched ambitions and correctly installed framework. (Cookies if I don't have to reinstall this bitch again.)

Long version: I was troubleshooting another CTD issue in game and got down to AM on my list of mods to uninstall/check bug/reinstall/replicate bug. So i uninstalled AM to load up my non AM save but got a CTD about 10 seconds into the startup load screen. I shrugged it off and reinstalled AM but the CTD persisted.  I know i read about this here somewhere in an unrelated thread but the search is failing me atm.

The original issue i was investigating was a CTD on age up but never got to check if it was AM related, in case anyone cares...which you dont.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: CTD on startup load screen
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 30, 05:43:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do all the basic computer health checks, since your crashing occurs without AwesomeMod. Purge caches, reboot, etc.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
bigpooh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 30, 10:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No luck. Do you suppose it was a complete fluke that it began occurring after removing AM

crash report dump lead to this

[Instruction data]
0057a5b6 => DasmX86Dll.dll not found.

edit: i dug around and found that some fat obstreperous jerk over at MTS posted this a year ago

Quote from: J.M. Pescado

Does your crash look like this? That's the voodoo crash that randomly happens at loadup when using mods. There's basically nothing we can do about it and it's totally random, so the only thing you can do is keep running the game until it works.

If your crash does not look like this, it may be brought on by overheating, or bad hacks.

It's the same issue, so the question now is has it been resolved between then and now? or am i destined for the pain in the ass that is install then patch, install then patch, install then patch etc..

edit 2: removed the whole mod folder and it worked, now to find out which mod is borked.

edit 3: fixed, one of twallan's story progression mod extras needed to be redownloaded. Thats what i get for not using AM story driver. On another note i get the cookie  Smiley

this thread can be deleted

« Last Edit: 2010 June 30, 16:37:17 by bigpooh » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 June 30, 16:37:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One possible crash bug fix will be included in the next version.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: