More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 16:23:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  House Hoppers
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: House Hoppers  (Read 18892 times)
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
Re: House Hoppers
« Reply #25 on: 2010 June 24, 15:30:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tell me what to do to fix this rubbish happening in game. I have had several families created and moved into the hood over the past sim week.
I think the Role Engine is spawning them to fill in the cashiers and other crap for your NOT-RABBITHOLE-ANYMORE places like the Consignment Store and other crap. THIS IS THE PRICE YOU PAY FOR COMPLAINING ABOUT RABBITHOLES, PEASANTS. ENJOY YOUR CRAPPY VANILLA PUDDINGS.

It helps if you populate your town with several households of unemployed Sims, specifically for these roles.  I tested this extensively when I created my world with a liquor store, book store, and market.  The game will grab your unemployed Sims to fill these roles.  Now with the fire station, consignment store and salon, also needing to be filled with workers the need for more unemployed Sims is greater.  I added the new households before adding the new buildings and have had no EA creations spawning.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 June 24, 15:58:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, if the game generates sims to fill some role in the game, AwesomeStory will then attempt to move them in so they can be non-homeless. EAstory was always somewhat more haphazard about doing this, often doing exactly the opposite and kicking out sims you put IN, but AwesomeStory attempts to push everyone into the neighborhood if possible.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2010 June 25, 03:54:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've filled all my registers, tattoo and salon stations in town (except those on residential lots), yet I still get 10 homeless created each day. I would assume they are being created for some role in one of the professions I haven't tried yet. However, they are all unemployed until AM assigns them a job, which then creates more homeless to create more unemployed. At least one of them is being used as Mayor for those reward ceremonies, instead of using a town sim that is already Mayor or above.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 June 25, 04:20:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Roles don't count as an employment, which is why they are unemployed. Additionally, Employed sims cannot be Roled, which can perhaps produce a vacuum cycle in which the game spams out unemployed sims, then dragoons them into jobs, then spams out more unemployed sims to replace them, rinse, repeat. Examination of this problem is underway. I need to actually get my own playing hood where I recognize all of the inhabitants to a point where this happens and I can evaluate the causes based on my actual knowledge of what is going on in the neighborhood.

Fortunately, this isn't quite the problem it was in TS2: It's pretty easy to exterminate unwanted puddings en-masse in-game with no lingering side effects, so we can always nuke them later.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 June 25, 05:05:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe something to note is that in Twinbrook as it comes (that is without killing anyone off) I am not having any influx of unemployed homeless sims, even when joining professions. All "roles" are already filled and even with AM moving the homeless that were homeless at the start into available houses, no new homeless are being created but it is staying steady with the 3 original homeless families (minus the NPC household) - even though 2 of those families are no longer homeless. Just saying, this might help you speed up recognition and get them to a point when this happens.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 June 26, 08:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are some observations I made with regard to these roles. Perhaps they are useful: The stylist stage and the consignment cashier have so far always been manned by local townies while the tattoo chair will draw a homeless sim. When ctrl-shift switching to the stylist or consignment pro they will immediately drop their job and go home, the stylist will remain a stylist but immediately be promoted to level 8 and the consignment pro will become unemployed. When replacing these, the game will choose another townie for the stylist career in any case (as the other one is still a stylist but not working in the salon anymore until they take up another job) but the consignment cashier might redraw the same sim again (I tried it three times and the game always chose that Paris Hilton aka Carlton chick in Twinbrook). As I said, the tattoo chair is different as it enrolls a homeless sim. With AM installed this can produce an immigration effect as AM tries to move that Sim in, thus making it selectable for family switching. And if you switch to that Sim it will leave its job and go home and never return to that chair, which, in turn, will enroll another homeless Sim that AM will try to move into the neighbourhood again.
I found most of this out the first time by accident in Egypt when one Sim was stuck behind the snake basket, charming herself and the snake into starvation. I switched to her and sent her home, but as her husband was one of the merchants he went home, too, and got replaced by another local. This came in quite handy as they were one of those dwellers above a tomb and so the chances of them being at home when I came by raiding were considerably higher.

The question I have with regard to this: Is this a safe and viable way to reassign roles in-game or can this produce unwanted consequences and if you say "nuke them later", will deleting them in Edit Town be enough or are other actions required?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 June 26, 09:31:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game should able to cope with role assignment cancellation due to becoming selectable just fine, and nuking in Edit in Town WITH AWESOMEMOD should work.

Resender
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 July 14, 00:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far in my vanilla game I have seen a lot of families moving out of their houses but not at the rate described.
What I found more annoying is that families like Landgraab or Alto (the so called big families) leave their villas pretty fast. (But that has something todo more with these sims not finding jobs)

My big concern in my games so far (with only 1 family disproving this) is that families seem to die after 2 generations, sometimes kids are born 4th or 5th generation but a lot of the times the families just end.
Usually with 2-5 siblings and none of them producing offspring, and if offspring is 'produced' the game does not marry the parent sims, hence making it very difficult to track family connections.

For instance the wife of my current male heir wife is the daughter of the son of the brother of my male heirs grandmother (or something like that)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 July 14, 00:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My big concern in my games so far (with only 1 family disproving this) is that families seem to die after 2 generations, sometimes kids are born 4th or 5th generation but a lot of the times the families just end.
Sounds like your neighborhood just isn't well-equipped for extended breeding. Maybe the cost of living is too high, or maybe you're just unlucky.

Usually with 2-5 siblings and none of them producing offspring, and if offspring is 'produced' the game does not marry the parent sims, hence making it very difficult to track family connections.
That doesn't sound like the work of AwesomeMod. Sims generally marry as part of the process of producing spawn, although they may have split up afterwards. If so, your neighborhood seems to have an exceptionally high divorce rate.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: