More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 08:05:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Is there any way to edit a library fambly?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is there any way to edit a library fambly?  (Read 4362 times)
redwards
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Is there any way to edit a library fambly?
« on: 2010 June 24, 08:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I built a a few sims in the library, saved it, and decided later that I wanted to add another. I'd just do it separately and have them move in later, but I wanted to make relationship connections. For the life of me, I can't figure out a way to edit the family I made, or even import the sims from that family into a new family. As usual, I assume the problem is that I'm stupid, but I'd rather not have to make all of them over again. Is bodysnatching with AM my best bet?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: Is there any way to edit a library fambly?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 24, 08:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it is possible to use "editsim" on the sims in the library, you could get them into CAS, then save the sim, after doing this with everyone from the family, go to create-a-sim and select each sim from the saved/premade sims option, add other sims, then recreate the family ties.  Then when the new fmily appears in the library, you could delete the old family.  Might not be the easiest way to do it, but something to consider.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 24, 15:43:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If using AM, you can also CTRL-SHIFT-C, then type "setconfig enabledebuginteractions true".  Put your fambly into a house, go into that house, and you should be able to CTRL-SHIFT-click on a sim and adjust relationships that way.  When you're done, extract them back into the fambly bin.
redwards
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 June 29, 01:15:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If using AM, you can also CTRL-SHIFT-C, then type "setconfig enabledebuginteractions true".  Put your fambly into a house, go into that house, and you should be able to CTRL-SHIFT-click on a sim and adjust relationships that way.  When you're done, extract them back into the fambly bin.

Editing relationships this way only affects friendships, etc. Can't do familial connections. Good idea, though.
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 June 29, 03:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twaalan's supercomputer allows you to edit family relationships.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 June 29, 11:28:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

redwards - there is a "modify" button on purpose. Do not fucking double-post. Thank you.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 June 29, 12:26:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And don't bother posting superfluous thanks posts at all, really.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 June 29, 14:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Editing relationships this way only affects friendships, etc. Can't do familial connections. Good idea, though.

Are you sure about that?  I don't have Twallan's Super Computer, only AM, and was able to set father-daughter and mother-daughter relationships.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: