More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 10:47:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Pathing Issues in Twinbrook
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pathing Issues in Twinbrook  (Read 3596 times)
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
Pathing Issues in Twinbrook
« on: 2010 June 22, 23:57:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't seem to find this anywhere, but I appear to be having some pathing issues in Twinbrook. First time it was the school, everytime my sim kids went to school, they would never actually enter the building, instead they would sit there with the "blocked path" icon above their head, however there was nothing blocking them. In the end I bulldozed the school after making a copy and placed a new one down, that seemed to fix the problem.

However now I'm getting it randomly appearing in different locations, and it's so bad that people who are on those lots get stuck there, and either end up dying or pass out in their pee.
The problem is now occuring on different lots, and I don't want to have to go through all the lots making backups then blowing them up again, anyone have any clue what could be causing this pathing issue? There is absolutely NOTHING blocking them, nor having been changed, it seems when sims are instructed to go to those locations from afar they start to have these issues, but if you tell them to go to individual spots they can get out (not possible with NPCs though who are also having the problem).

Edit: Okay it seems that 3 lots are majorly affected, the community pool, the school, and the garden next to the pool. They have weird lot sizes though ( 30x40 and 40x30) and I tried to place new replacing lots for them, and instead ended up getting an error "Cannot place on lots", except there was no lot there.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 23, 00:14:38 by Rubyelf » Logged

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
Re: Pathing Issues in Twinbrook
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 23, 00:20:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard about people complaining about the school, but not the other lots. I wouldn't call 30X40 or 40X30 weird sized lots, so I'm unsure what you mean by that.
Could there be spawners left behind? Have you tried bulldozing the lots, then trying to replace them? You've also checked how the lots are zoned?

Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 23, 02:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yah as I said, bulldozing and rezoning appears to allow the lots to work correctly again. I noticed when I moved the school I could not put it back near the road, so mine is a bit off from it. When I was trying to replace the actualy school rabbithole itself, it kept saying "Cannot intersect objects", I even destroyed everything on the lot to test it, and still wouldn't work.

Removing the pool and the garden, and then seperating them a little bit seemed to fix the pathing issue, it was as though a certain part of the road was unaccessable to the sims.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 June 25, 00:20:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, and I have not experienced this but amjoie at Custom Sims 3 reported that spawners are being left behind when you bulldoze or even just move a lot. You end up with dozens of spawners on one lot, which could certainly cause all kinds of problems. Twallan also experienced this. So some are saying that you need to bulldoze the lot again after you bulldoze the building.

They are also reporting that some of the spawners seem to be buried underground. Something else to watch out for, I guess!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: