More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 20:32:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  House Hoppers
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: House Hoppers  (Read 18863 times)
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
House Hoppers
« on: 2010 June 22, 14:43:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just installed the Ambitions AM and this is something that is happening in my game that is pretty annoying. Everyone in the neighborhood moves into a new house at night. They are playing musical houses and I can't find where they go unless I look at each house. I had this problem with a previous/pre-ambitions AM, but it was not happening with the vanilla game I had been playing before AM was updated. Now, it is back. Is there any way to get the sims to stop moving around so much? I checked the config and I don't see any setting that has to do with them moving out of their assigned houses. Is it a requirement that I mark them as sacred? I never really took too much of an interest in that because I like for them to move on with their lives without me, just not constantly move out of their house. There are more than enough beds in the houses that they are moving out of and occasionally, they move into houses without enough beds.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
Re: House Hoppers
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 22, 17:57:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Name the house with the family name and the game will not move them out.

More F than you
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 23, 02:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen this. If they're moving into a house at NIGHT only, this sounds like an EA storymode problem. Do you get any story dialogs indicating what is going on, from InformOnStoryAction? Awesomestory runs throughout the day and does not have a night-only mode. In fact, it is less active at night.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 June 23, 03:02:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can echo the families moving around at night thing. It may be happening during the day as well but it is more noticeable at night (in high speed) because of the brief freezes it causes. The next day, families will be living in new abodes when there seems to have been no logical reason for them to move (# of beds/cribs + cost of house vs. familyfunds).
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010 June 23, 03:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here, sims are moving at night to random houses (just after a day of a new twinbrook file, the poorest family was living in one of the mansions, and a rich family moved into a 1.5 bedroom home.).

It's not the whole town, but a lot of the sims are doing it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 June 23, 03:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How peculiar. I have never seen this. This is with AwesomeStory? Because EAstory does random crap like that, but a poor fambly shouldn't even be able to afford to move into a large house.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2010 June 23, 03:23:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to my config file, awesome drivers are on, yes.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 June 23, 03:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeStory only fires events one at a time, normally: Are you seeing these events appear, one at a time, or are they occurring in twos, indicating someone is moving to breed and displacing someone else?

myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 June 23, 05:04:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't been playing with notifications on but will turn them on and check things out next chance I get to play.
Sablesasha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 June 23, 05:36:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought this was an EA problem.  But, because we are running AM  (big sloppy kiss to Pescado, again - I love you!), our sims just move into a new house instead of scramming out of town as fast as their little feet can scamper.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 June 23, 06:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Name the house with the family name and the game will not move them out.

HOW DOES THIS WORK FOR YOU AND NOT FOR ME?!?

Since the beginning of Awesomemod I've named houses after the famblies, I've put the name in every damn text field I can find, I've done it alone and as part of a string,I've tried the name at the end, middle and beginning part of the housename string, and still the sims move. The only way I can make the sods stay still is if I make them sacred.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 June 23, 06:36:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird. Send me Witchy-Poofs land and I'll take a look. Also, MOAR WITCHY POOFS.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 June 23, 07:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried it for a while now. Because it didn't work. I will try it again. It had better work. Or I will be having words with you.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 June 23, 07:22:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the ancestral home set-up move sims back into the home to keep it in the family?

In one game, Mortimer Goth married kaylynn Langerak (Spelling might be wrong) and moved in with her and her family, but she had the Goth surname, suggesting he proposed.  That left Gunther and Cornelia in the Goth mansion on their own.  When they died the house became listed as empty.  Should the ancestral home have moved Mortimer back in to keep the house in the family, or is this normal behaviour?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 June 23, 10:52:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Normal behavior. Children often move out of the fambly, otherwise the ancestral home would clog to death. No mechanism currently exists to handle cross-lot inheritance on death, so if an entire household dies off, the lot becomes vacant and all associated resources are lost. Methods of addressing this peculiarity are being considered.

sevrine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 June 23, 11:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeStory only fires events one at a time, normally: Are you seeing these events appear, one at a time, or are they occurring in twos, indicating someone is moving to breed and displacing someone else?

Yes.  In my game these moves are definitely happening in pairs.  The families are moving at night.  Displacing one another.  AwesomeStory is not announcing the moves during the day.  Some marriages are dissolving (but I also have Twallan's "woohooer" installed, and figured that was why).  I am enjoying the show, and have not been paying close attention.

AwesomeMod is working perfectly for moves - for example, "listhomeless" showed a four-member Elmore household with $20K.  I build a new $19.5K house with four beds in it, and the next time I checked, they had moved in.  The move did not happen at night, but a short time after the house was completed.

I do not use Supreme Commander and none of the families are marked "sacred".  I have not renamed any houses, and have added several unnamed houses I've built myself.  I am currently using the 6/16 version of AwesomeMod, and had earlier versions since June 5th on the same Twinbrook game with no problems. 
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 June 23, 14:13:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome Story is definitely enabled. I only noticed this happening because I had just followed the grown up daughter sim out of the house. She moved in right across the street and at night, about 3 sim days later, her family moved out of their expensive house into a tiny house. Then as I began watching, someone was moving out every single night. In my game it is not happening in 2's, just random. I don't have inform on story change enabled so there are no dialogs, but there are no new marriages or babies around the neighborhood because I checked every single lot to see who lives where. The only other thing I noticed is that a few new families have moved into the town.

The only reason I know this is an AM issue is because I was playing a vanilla game while I was waiting for AM to get out of testing. I didn't have this problem until I installed AM. Tell me what to do to help troubleshoot and I got it covered.

Edit: I just enabled the inform on story changes setting. I will report back with my findings.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 23, 14:22:22 by MistyBlue » Logged
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 June 23, 15:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play a custom hood and I have seen some musical houses, mostly concerning the 2 lots that have 2 cribs.

I'll get a message that Family A has moved out, and that Family B has moved in for breeding room.  A day or two later I'll get a message that Family B has moved out, and that Family C has moved in for breeding room.  Another day or so later, and Family C move out and Family A move back in.

I noticed it (before Ambitions was released) while playing a custom hood that had quite a few houses with cribs and plenty of single beds, but only the two lots with two cribs, so the only pressure for breeding space was from households that had already had a baby or toddler.

I wonder how many of the people with this issue are playing Twinbrook?  Twinbrook doesn't have many single beds (21 spread between the 40 furnished lots*), so ASM would have a tough time finding homes for families when their 0s turn into 6s.  There are 5 cribs in Twinbrook, but I don't know how many of them are in houses with single beds.

If you're getting too many moves under ASM, try reducing the pressure for breeding space by adding cribs and single beds to some of the lots.

* For a comparison, SV has 7 cribs and 41 single beds in its 42 furnished lots.  RV has 6 cribs and 32 single beds in its 43 furnished lots.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 June 23, 17:22:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am playing a custom hood, as well. There are approximately 35 houses and at least half have more than 1 crib and several single beds. Every house that had someone living inside had enough beds and cribs to begin with.

---Anyway. Here is what I found to possibly be the issue. While I had the dialogs coming up to tell me what is going on, I noticed an abundance of Romantic happenings going on. It appears that everyone, even those in relationships/married are intersexing all over the place. I haven't had any babies out of it, only 1 actual marriage and 1 pollination. From what I see, when 2 sims that are married trigger something romantic with someone else, they will be the ones to move out of the house. The only problem is, they don't move out to be with their new love, but just relocate the whole family. 

I would also like to note that I have no other game changing mods in my game. The only other mods I have are the easel that can be placed in an inventory and a book that acts like a bookcase, both from MTS.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 June 24, 01:05:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Playing with notifications on confirms the moves are happening because of "breeding space" but it should not be so. The families that are moving have enough beds and cribs on the lots they originally occupy. Moving actually prevents a lesser familyfunded homeless family or newly wed couple from moving into the more affordable breeding abodes. The moving families have more than enough funds to handle incoming bills as well. It's really like they're just deciding they want a smaller, less attractive house in order to spawn.

Making the homes ancestral has, so far, stopped them from taking over the low income residentials.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 June 24, 01:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a new sim created for breeding even though there are more than enough singles in the hood. She was hideous, too!
redwards
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 June 24, 02:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Playing in Sunset Valley and I'm suddenly seeing this as well. Almost every family in the game appears to have up and moved all at once.

AMB+AM using Awesome story driver.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 June 24, 03:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a new sim created for breeding even though there are more than enough singles in the hood. She was hideous, too!
AwesomeStory never creates sims. If you are getting sims created, it is not because of AwesomeStory.

MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 June 24, 12:24:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tell me what to do to fix this rubbish happening in game. I have had several families created and moved into the hood over the past sim week. I know AM is working and turned on. Are there any settings in the Game options that I should be wary of? I turned off Story Mode, turned it on...it doesn't change anything other than the sims stand around like zombies.

I posted a copy of my AM config file. Maybe you can check and see if I should set something or turn something else off.

* aweconf.package (3.72 KB - downloaded 390 times.)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 June 24, 12:56:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tell me what to do to fix this rubbish happening in game. I have had several families created and moved into the hood over the past sim week.
I think the Role Engine is spawning them to fill in the cashiers and other crap for your NOT-RABBITHOLE-ANYMORE places like the Consignment Store and other crap. THIS IS THE PRICE YOU PAY FOR COMPLAINING ABOUT RABBITHOLES, PEASANTS. ENJOY YOUR CRAPPY VANILLA PUDDINGS.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: