More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:33:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD  (Read 199381 times)
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD
« Reply #325 on: 2010 June 23, 11:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's why it's posted there.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2010 June 23, 11:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

K, thanks.
MechanicalPen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2010 June 23, 16:26:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This should only happen if you attempt to actually interact with these sims through work tones, or the sim already exists, as AwesomeMod tries to reduce sim-creation.

It's happening to me every time I move in sims, and it's annoying the crap out of me. It's like I'm playing Tic-Tac-Toe with lots. I know it's an EAxian 'feature', but I'd give you all my peanuts if you could patch it as an option in the config at least. I simply cannot stand EA sims taking over my neighborhood despite storymode being off.

For now I'll just bulldoze the offending buildings and see if that works.
You could make all of your sims chosen and use "therapture" to nuke EA's sims.
stim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2010 June 23, 17:49:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All right. Here to cry. I'm getting that obnoxious Game-Wont-Even-Load-A-Little-Bit hang on the load screen that others were getting in earlier versions. I'm not sure what gives. I redownloaded the newest release twice and recopied it into the Package folder twice and my game is still all "fuck you" with it. What gives? I tried removing everything else from the folder too, and it still won't play nice, so it shouldn't be a conflict. Mac-ness shouldn't be a factor either, eh?

This has been discussed many times.  Did even try searching the problem to find the solution?

I did, actually. Nothing I found resolved my issue. But I figured it out anyway. I had a typo in my framework. Fail whale.
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2010 June 23, 18:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the latest 6/22 AM, loaded an existing Twinbrook save, and noticed these issues:
- Went to Edit Town, placed a sim from the fambly bin into a house, then clicked the change house button to switch to the new sim and got a CTD.  This happened even when I tried to switch to a fambly that was already in the neighborhood.  The only intelligible word in the dump files is "DreamNode".  I was able to circumvent the CTD by using CTRL-CLICK to change famblies.
- When I sent the active fambly members home from the perpetual celebration in front of city hall, mass death of half the party-goers ensued (presumably from starvation).  When I reloaded the same save and replayed the exact same scenario with AM removed, nobody died.
- A fire fighter sim put out a Small House Fire and had nothing else to do, but the job did not complete (counter kept counting and fire stayed on the map).  When I reloaded the same save without AM, she was able to put out the fire as normal (however, the game had selected a different house the second time around).

AM, breast sliders, a few replacement meshes, and decrapified store items are my only CC.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2010 June 23, 19:21:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

- A fire fighter sim put out a Small House Fire and had nothing else to do, but the job did not complete (counter kept counting and fire stayed on the map).  When I reloaded the same save without AM, she was able to put out the fire as normal (however, the game had selected a different house the second time around).

Were there any residents in that house at the time by chance? I had a similar situation where there were two residents (on different floors than the fire) freaking out even after I put the fire out completely. The scenario would not end until I went up to both and convinced them to run. Then it ended.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2010 June 23, 19:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Were there any residents in that house at the time by chance? I had a similar situation where there were two residents (on different floors than the fire) freaking out even after I put the fire out completely. The scenario would not end until I went up to both and convinced them to run. Then it ended.

None that I could see.  I even checked for a foundation or attic fire as some have reported getting, but there was nothing.  I could be wrong, but I think you only get the residents needing to be convinced to leave if it's a "Large House Fire".
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 2010 June 27, 06:13:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay so I am getting the random deaths while on vacation. Was at China with my fambly and about 3 different sims from the area died, no reason at all they were just using the martial arts training board and dropped dead randomly, it looked liked they starved to death. I tried to play chess for their lives, but the Grim Reaper ignored me.

That's a WA problem.

Not long after I installed WA I had a holiday end prematurely because one of the sims who died at the Academy was apparently important in some quest (even though none of the sims in my game had any unfinished opportunities at the time).   My daughter suggested adding some way for non-playable sims to eat, so I added a fridge and table & chairs to the Academy lot (I put them in a corner of the lot that I was unlikely to focus the camera on, so they wouldn't distract from the atmosphere), and the Academy deaths stopped happening in my game.

I did the same thing, but the deaths are still happening for me.  I have a fridge, grill & a picnic table.  No go.  They're still dying from starvation.
Barbara Walters
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2010 June 28, 01:19:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The June 27, 7:31:32 am build of AwesomeMod causes mild lag in a otherwise seamless game. When removed it`s smooth. There are no other mods and little CC.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #334 on: 2010 June 28, 01:55:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New build of awesomemod causes random CTDs still.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Sarafina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2010 June 28, 15:43:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the problem where my sim's camera gets stuck in the family inventory.  There seems to be no set time or action that makes this happen (once was overnight and once was after remodeling a home for the architect career) and once in family inventory it is unsellable and unmovable.  It happens randomly but if I play someone long enough it will go there (had 5 test cases, usually all within a week of getting the camera, one was a few hours after getting it).
D_Malachi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2010 June 28, 18:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the problem where my sim's camera gets stuck in the family inventory.  There seems to be no set time or action that makes this happen (once was overnight and once was after remodeling a home for the architect career) and once in family inventory it is unsellable and unmovable.  It happens randomly but if I play someone long enough it will go there (had 5 test cases, usually all within a week of getting the camera, one was a few hours after getting it).

Seconded.

"You can start by bringing me the head of GOATMOR!"
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 2010 June 28, 18:47:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep. AwesomeMod issue, doesn't happen with non-awesome install.
Re: the Camera thing
lecucu
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2010 June 28, 21:54:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello. I just update the A.M with this latest version an my game won´t start, is taking forever loading. Anyone can help??
Thanks in advance apologize for my english.
feistyredhead
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 2010 June 28, 22:29:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just updated AM for amb and my stylist cannot interact with anyone other than the other stylist when she is at work. It only happens when she is on the job because I sent her to the bar and everything was fine. I have no other mods aside from the no mosaic but that has been in my game from the beginning. 

Let me know if you need any information.

Thanks

ENFP
stormygsa
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2010 June 29, 02:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Problems with most recent AM - Received 3 Script errors, did not crash to desktop, but Firefighter career had no co-workers.

See attached for script error logs.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 29, 02:48:15 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2010 June 29, 02:48:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try new version.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Twilight Oracle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2010 June 29, 03:20:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

vanilla EA shift+click options are not showing up for me
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2010 June 29, 03:27:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

vanilla EA shift+click options are not showing up for me

You said this already. Multiple times. He already told you it works for him and if it doesn't for you you are doing something wrong. No one else is reporting this issue.

Figure it out. Move on. GTFO.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Twilight Oracle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2010 June 29, 04:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does he also have Amb and TLF?
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2010 June 29, 04:38:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, he's just that awesome, that he's able to write a mod for a game he doesn't even have. With his psychic powers.  Roll Eyes

INFP or something
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 2010 June 29, 04:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WTF is "TLF"?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 2010 June 29, 05:32:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you fix the no-cars-parked-at-homes thing?  I still see none with the new Awesomemod of 2010-Jun-29 04:53:04.
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2010 June 29, 06:19:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why some of my chosen sims don't go to work. Neither why some of my chosen sims gain or lose job perfomance. Neither why when some of them don't go to work, and I click "go to work", the game says "it's not your work hours"... yes! in fact, these are their work hours.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 2010 June 29, 07:58:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you fix the no-cars-parked-at-homes thing?  I still see none with the new Awesomemod of 2010-Jun-29 04:53:04.
Cars park fine for me. Try manually parking the car by dragging it, first. Also, be sure to remove your ENORMOUSLY FAT HEAD from the driveway prior to attempting to park, as it is TOO DAMN FAT and blocks the car.

Closing this thread because two bug threads is confusing. YOUR HEAD IS STILL TOO FAT, though.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: