More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 10:20:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  How to GIVE other households items
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to GIVE other households items  (Read 12480 times)
Nancy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
How to GIVE other households items
« on: 2010 October 10, 18:01:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed the "Open Fambly Inventory" option with awesomemod, and it made me think I could give another household something (like an upgraded teleportation device or other such thing money can't buy)...

Well, I can't put those items in my Sim's inventory, so I have no clue how to give them to the other family.

I can't see any realistic way to get this feature to work.

Am I doing something wrong?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: How to GIVE other households items
« Reply #1 on: 2010 October 10, 18:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a debug feature that exists for esoterical purposes, and does not do what you think it does. As for giving another household something, assuming you have enabled the relevant option, for an object in a sim's inventory, just drag and drop it onto the other sim you want to give it to like the sim is a chest or other container. For fambly-inventory only objects, I forget.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
D_Malachi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 October 11, 02:48:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One option that comes to mind, and to be honest I haven't tested it, to get the object in question into the target family inventory would be to Select the family you wish to give the object to, then use the Control+Shift command "Debug: Add to Family Inventory." Otherwise, assuming you have Ambitions, there's always the Architect career, though the object would have to be in your own family's inventory. Money, mildly more tricky, would require twallan's Master Controller, which contains a money transfer feature.

"You can start by bringing me the head of GOATMOR!"
Nancy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 October 12, 00:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

D Malachi -

You have me totally confused with that debug thing you mentioned.   I don't see debug, debug:, or Add, or AddToFamilyInventory as valid commands.

Is there a way to enter other debug commands besides the normal ctrl-shift-c?   What is it?

Thanks for the note about Ambitions, but I figure I still have a ways to go enjoying the base game yet....

And if I CAN'T give them this gift, oh well, I really either ought to let them be townies or figure out how to really play more than one household.   

But my main household has 11 people in it now, and one is a baby and one is a pregnant woman who has had fertility treatment and has had twins before.   I guess I moved those "just turned young adults" out for a reason, but now I'm feeling a little sorry for them.

Nancy
Billmonaghan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010 October 14, 13:44:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was able to have Gobias Koffi (active household) give Mortimer Goth a bunch a life plant fruits by having him visit the Goth Household with the fruit in his inventory. Then I opened his inventory on the user interface and dragged the fruit over Mortimer and dropped them in.

As a drastic measure, you could put the items in one active Sims personal inventory, then have that Sim move out and merge with the household you want to give the items too. Then transfer the items into the household and move the active, visiting Sim back out. That'd only work if the items in question can be put in a Sim's personal inventory.

"Ah yes, we were in the HimALLyas, had lost our corkscrew. Had to subsist for several days on nothing but water and food."
 --  W. C. Fields
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 October 15, 04:23:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a drastic measure, you could put the items in one active Sims personal inventory, then have that Sim move out and merge with the household you want to give the items too. Then transfer the items into the household and move the active, visiting Sim back out. That'd only work if the items in question can be put in a Sim's personal inventory.

That's the problem.  The OP wants to know how to give away objects that don't fit in a sim's personal inventory.  Furniture and other assorted household items won't go into a sim's inventory, they ONLY go into the family inventory, and it is those items that the OP and others want to be able to transfer to another household.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: