More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 18:43:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Tomb Creation - Broken features.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Tomb Creation - Broken features.  (Read 13151 times)
Architect Manic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Tomb Creation - Broken features.
« Reply #25 on: 2010 June 19, 15:33:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This topic is getting just a tiny bit awkward.  Sad

In an effort to get things back on track,

Dude, it is not your job to redirect people back on track. Pull your head in.

Alright, duly noted. Force of habit I'm afraid, I've worked as a moderator at all kinds of forums with all kinds of people; even so, this forum never fails to surprise me. :-p
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 June 19, 15:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This isn't necessarily 'borked',  but I wish that you could the Hidden Floor Switches had the linked behavior "step off" just like the floor switches that you can push moveable statues onto.  It would make some of the retarded things I am doing in my game 100 times easier, if not possible. 
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2010 June 19, 16:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This isn't necessarily 'borked',  but I wish that you could the Hidden Floor Switches had the linked behavior "step off" just like the floor switches that you can push moveable statues onto.  It would make some of the retarded things I am doing in my game 100 times easier, if not possible. 

You could surround it with other hidden floor switches which turn it off. I don't know what exactly you're trying to do, so that might not work. What is it you want them to do?
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 June 19, 17:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This isn't necessarily 'borked',  but I wish that you could the Hidden Floor Switches had the linked behavior "step off" just like the floor switches that you can push moveable statues onto.  It would make some of the retarded things I am doing in my game 100 times easier, if not possible.  

You could surround it with other hidden floor switches which turn it off. I don't know what exactly you're trying to do, so that might not work. What is it you want them to do?
That's more or less what I ended up doing.  I'd  try to explain but honestly it is rather complicated and so my explanation would just be confusing and wouldn't really help anyone else out even if they understood what I was getting at.

As an aside, I learned something.  If you have two hidden switches, one that locks a door and one that unlocks the same door, the second link you connect to the door overrides the first one.  So, for example if I link the unlocking action second and have a sim stand on both switches the door will be unlocked but will lock if the sim standing on the unlock trigger walks away.  
  I'm no longer sure if this is true.  It might revert to whatever the original setting was.  Either that or my lot just got bugged while I was doing shit with it. 

Now what I need is for the traps to actually be a little bit dangerous.  I've zapped a sim a dozen times with the electricity trap and he won't die.  Same goes for the fire trap.  It is kind of hard to build a prison and execute sims when no matter what I do they are immune to the execution chambers.

« Last Edit: 2010 June 20, 00:49:40 by Simius » Logged
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 June 19, 22:47:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, duly noted. Force of habit I'm afraid, I've worked as a moderator at all kinds of forums with all kinds of people; even so, this forum never fails to surprise me. :-p

Yes, yes, no one gives a damn about your imaginary experiences as an authority figure, or your p/a attempts to shame us into more conventional behaviour.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: