More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 04:50:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD  (Read 200706 times)
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD
« Reply #275 on: 2010 June 20, 12:48:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if this is a bug or new feature. Do sims no longer gain cooking and gardening skill while watching TV with AM?  Or is the skill bar above their heads just hidden now?  I see the skill bar when they cook meals but not while watching the cooking channel.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2010 June 20, 13:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if this is a bug or new feature. Do sims no longer gain cooking and gardening skill while watching TV with AM?  Or is the skill bar above their heads just hidden now?  I see the skill bar when they cook meals but not while watching the cooking channel.
If they don't have any skill in cooking or gardening they will not gain any while watching TV. It's an EAxian issue, not awesomemod related.
Drowelvenmaiden
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2010 June 20, 14:18:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I notice that, too. But, if you have at leat one level skill point, you can raise your skills watching TV.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 20, 14:26:27 by Drowelvenmaiden » Logged
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2010 June 20, 14:22:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All games, fully patched, AM only.

The lifetime points counter freezes at a random (?) moment on the UI. They are still being accumulated. Clicking on the "Lifetime Rewards" tab to bring up the reward options will show the actual amount of reward points accumulated (example: UI says 4619, options tab says 5023). Buying a reward fixes the UI counter.

I'm not yet positive what initially caused it, but I suspect it happens when a wish is rolled and fulfilled before it is locked.

I haven't played without the mod installed yet, so this may be an Eaxian bug.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: 2010 June 20, 15:29:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Non-updating LTH counter is an EA bug, it's been there since the game was released.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: 2010 June 20, 15:50:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Newest AM fixes the missing Ambitions registration inventions.

SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2010 June 20, 16:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Non-updating LTH counter is an EA bug, it's been there since the game was released.

A-ha. I've never noticed it happening before now. Thanks (this is grate!).

I noticed something else weird as well. I saved and quit the game at 12:30am after sending the Sim to bed. When I restarted, it was 8:30pm and she was on the drafting table (she was on the drafting table at 8:30pm originally). I could swear that my last save before 12:30am was well before 6:00pm (she was on the job--I remember that!). Auto-save is set to 0, so it shouldn't be that.

This is most likely an operator error as I don't see how it's possible, but now it's logged, just in case.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Azazel
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2010 June 20, 18:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may have been covered on one of the previous pages, in which case I hope you'll bare with me.

My game was working perfectly with Awesome Mod before I got Ambitions. I haven't changed anything since I got AMB, besides removing the old version of AM, as my game wouldn't load if it was installed. Now that I've downloaded the newest, updated version of AM, my game won't load at all. The loading bar stays at 0%, just like it did when I tried running the game with the old version of AM.

Anything I missed?

EDIT: Upon further inspection, it seems that the framework needs to be installed in a different way now, due to the way AMB is set up? Is that right? Something about the framework or AM having to be placed in the Packages folder in the World Adventures directory, rather than the base Sims 3 one? I'm utterly confused.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 20, 19:06:51 by Azazel » Logged
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2010 June 20, 19:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Following on from all the posts about switching families, I can use the switch active family button fine and select a family to play, it's just when I get to the 'Start playing with this household' tick that it greys out after clicking and won't go any further. This isn't an intermittent thing for me either, and it happens when starting a new hood too, so I am wondering whether this is different to the EAxis bug that has been mentioned as this has only happened to me since AM.

Edit - Hmm... after a reboot of the game, it seems to work again, so it appears to be an intermittent problem and probably not AM related.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 20, 19:50:36 by mildlydisguised » Logged
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2010 June 20, 21:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't take it anymore, I had to install AwesomeMod.  I started a brand new game as well.  Prior to installing, my firefighters had co-workers.  Now I have people dressed in firefighter gear, at the fire house, but when I talk to them, they do not appear as co-workers in the relationship panel.  They tell me they are soot stripper, and hose handlers, but still appear as acquaintances.  I could care less about this problem as firefighting co-workers are useless mess-makers, but I thought I'd point it out anyway.
MrSim
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2010 June 20, 22:10:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few bugs I have noticed:

• If you retire doing the doctor career you will still get a retirement check but you still work and get emergencies
UPDATE I just had another sim retire she was a chef and it was successful

• Can't use the mailbox and the never ending bin (had the same house 10 gens if that matters (so far only this house))
  • While calling up for retirement they say I will get 2000 I only get 480 a day (doctor career again)
  • Getting days off while self-employed while pregnant (gardener) surly that's there choice?
  • No driver in car parked in the middle of the road
  • Got "clean clothes/sheets from doing laundry" moodlet while I don't have a washing machine and a dryer/clothes line anymore (use to have one but blew it all up)

I am sure there's more just can't remember them off the top of my head.
I check for the latest version of AM everyday (right now) so I am up to date.
I have WA and AMB

EDIT: added another
EDIT: Added update info
EDIT: Added another bug
EDIT: Added another bug
« Last Edit: 2010 June 21, 00:45:03 by MrSim » Logged
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2010 June 20, 22:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My chosen sims in another households, different from the selected, stopped going to work by their own... why is that??
Aventurine
Dimwitted Dunce

Aun Aprendo...

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2010 June 20, 22:59:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT: Upon further inspection, it seems that the framework needs to be installed in a different way now, due to the way AMB is set up? Is that right? Something about the framework or AM having to be placed in the Packages folder in the World Adventures directory, rather than the base Sims 3 one? I'm utterly confused.

Check out the "Awesome Mod Just Isn't Working" thread to see Simius and morriganrant's visual tute and explanation of framework placement for Ambitions.

"Only the spoon knows what is stirring in the pot"
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 2010 June 21, 01:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

]
Mmm. I must have been blind then. I was poking around looking for it the other night when it happened to me and didn't find it. I'll poke around some more next time I have the game running though. I eventually just said fuck it and nuked/replaced the lot. I stand corrected.

When in buy mode, go into the buy debug catalogue, then the misc. tab, you'll find the woo woo buried in there.

I couldn't take it anymore, I had to install AwesomeMod.  I started a brand new game as well.  Prior to installing, my firefighters had co-workers.  Now I have people dressed in firefighter gear, at the fire house, but when I talk to them, they do not appear as co-workers in the relationship panel.  They tell me they are soot stripper, and hose handlers, but still appear as acquaintances.  I could care less about this problem as firefighting co-workers are useless mess-makers, but I thought I'd point it out anyway.

This is a known and identified issue with AM and firefighting.  AM prevents the spawning of the co-workers.  Pescado did mention before that he would probably look at it later after everything else gets sorted.  As they never seem to do much, it isn't really a problem, unless you need the interactions to help with promotions because the skills are already maxed.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2010 June 21, 03:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It COULD be installed that way, but I am oldschool and use the ORIGINAL method, because I don't trust EAxis.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2010 June 21, 03:43:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

because I don't trust EAxis.

Apart from the shouty vole, does anyone trust EAxis?

The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2010 June 21, 04:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a known and identified issue with AM and firefighting.  AM prevents the spawning of the co-workers.  Pescado did mention before that he would probably look at it later after everything else gets sorted.  As they never seem to do much, it isn't really a problem, unless you need the interactions to help with promotions because the skills are already maxed.

I had heard as much.  The thing is, the game did spawn the co-workers, they just don't register as such in the relationship panel.  They show up for work every day and sit around playing video games and braking things.  I wasn't sure if this was the same as what I had heard mentioned before.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2010 June 21, 04:47:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OCcupational coworkers thing is under review.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
redwards
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2010 June 21, 07:30:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My inactive household sims don't appear to be doing their homework (beforehand or during school - work on late homework isn't getting autoselected). Could be that my sims are just dumb. Could be that I'm just dumb.

(1.12 /w AMB)
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2010 June 21, 08:51:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I finally got around to getting Ambitions (now that AM 4 is out Tongue).

Started a new neighborhood.

Two problems so far.
Storymode progression is on, even though I switched it off.
Second person I moved in (after destroyallhumans) froze and never zoomed into the house.

EDIT: Basically Sims are moving into the neighborhood against my will. Dont know if they're doing any other storymode actions yet. I'll enable the debug.
EDIT#2: Alright, Sims are still moving in around the neighborhood, but it's not showing up as a storymode action or alerting me to a storymode action.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 21, 09:32:32 by guardianpegasus » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2010 June 21, 10:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In what way are they moving around?

guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2010 June 21, 10:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every time I make a new neighborhood and gas all inhabitants. I then move in a sim of my own. After a couple of days there are at least 3-4 other NPC families who have moved in around the hood. I haven't played long enough to see if they move around or get married or have kids etc. that'll be my next experiment, I'll just leave it running on ultra fast for a while. I am not notified of any story progression even though I have that debug set to enabled.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2010 June 21, 10:58:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that happen in a neighbourhood the other day.  I assumed it was because my lone sim was a ghosthunter and needed occupied houses for ghostbusting jobs.

In my neighbourhood these other sims did get married under ASM.  After a sim-week or two of playing the neighbourhood another round of families were generated (presumably because the marriages meant there were no longer enough households for her job needs).

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2010 June 21, 12:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I was wondering if maybe it was related to professions, but two of the three inhabitants were unemployed, and the third was a top level hairdresser or something.

As a firefighter I've had many empty houses burn, but yeah, maybe it's related to another profession like ghostbusting. My lone sim was an inventor, though.

I'll try moving in many families at once, say 5, and if that doesnt work, 10.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2010 June 21, 12:43:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I finally got around to getting Ambitions (now that AM 4 is out Tongue).

Started a new neighborhood.

Storymode progression is on, even though I switched it off.

Did you simply disable ASM or did you disable story mode in the in-game options panel?

I had heard as much.  The thing is, the game did spawn the co-workers, they just don't register as such in the relationship panel.  They show up for work every day and sit around playing video games and braking things.  I wasn't sure if this was the same as what I had heard mentioned before.

You said you started the game without AM, then installed AM, which means the game had already generated the co-workers.  In a fresh game at the moment AM doesn't even generate them at all, which would explain why you still have them, but they are not being recognised as co-workers.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 21, 12:48:45 by wizard_merlin » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: