More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:59:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD  (Read 199391 times)
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
Re: AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD
« Reply #250 on: 2010 June 19, 14:58:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Occasionally my sculptors have been sculpting things out of ice that have red boxes floating around, and whenever they are finished, it says something like, "<simname> has created a Good ***FailObject**". I have a screenshot if needed.

I've seen that one twice, too. But I suspect it was something I did, because it happens right after I did some experimenting with commands like "resetworld".

Now that does sound like it may be related to the 'registration' process. Do by chance have the Ultimate Career Pack? It has been known to cause this unless you had the registration fix mod. It's supposedly been fixed in a recent update to the test version of Awesomemod so you don't need that other mod, but I don't think it's been extensively tested.
I have the career pack, but I downloaded it from the official website, and didn't think I would /need/ the registration fix mod. But I had used reset world before that, so it could also have been that.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2010 June 19, 15:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been getting weirdness like this too lately. Some sims3packs won't install even after decrapify and it's also saying that certain sims3packs which have long since been installed are not. Of course if I try to install them again then it tells me they are already installed.  Roll Eyes
Store stuff installs when decrapified for me. Non official sims3packs give me the fail message, but then I just extract the packages from non-official stuff.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: 2010 June 19, 17:51:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It can't be because of reset world I tried sculpting in a fresh save and still got the red boxes. And I have the thing registered so I shouldn't need an anti-registration check to get it to work.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2010 June 19, 19:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It can't be because of reset world I tried sculpting in a fresh save and still got the red boxes. And I have the thing registered so I shouldn't need an anti-registration check to get it to work.

Well yeah but I am wondering if Pescado's anti-registration measures in the recent versions of awesomemod have inadvertently changed something that might cause this.

If you yank out awesomemod do you still get the red boxes?

*Edit to say it also would not at all surprise me if EA bungled up their own registration process.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 19, 19:17:35 by Motoki » Logged

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Xerolize
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2010 June 19, 19:50:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have any pregnancy mods for teens etc?
No.

My Hacks/Mods are:

Johna's sliders + Delphy's breast sliders

RB skill tweaks + cheaper maid

Treag - Put Away All Books, Treasure Box, and Book of Talent

That's it and none of them mess with pregnancy. I googled this problem and none of the suggested solutions worked for me.
whyisitnotvalid
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2010 June 19, 20:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have any pregnancy mods for teens etc?
No.

My Hacks/Mods are:

Johna's sliders + Delphy's breast sliders

RB skill tweaks + cheaper maid

Treag - Put Away All Books, Treasure Box, and Book of Talent

That's it and none of them mess with pregnancy. I googled this problem and none of the suggested solutions worked for me.

Try removing the sliders....my game said some mods were out of date yesterday so i eventually got the game to start when i removerd the sliders.
Though I think some people have the latest patch and they still work, which confused me.
But try it, it worked for me, even though it's a pain.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: 2010 June 19, 22:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well yeah but I am wondering if Pescado's anti-registration measures in the recent versions of awesomemod have inadvertently changed something that might cause this.

If you yank out awesomemod do you still get the red boxes?

*Edit to say it also would not at all surprise me if EA bungled up their own registration process.
Pulled awesome, made a couple sims sculpt until they sculpted something from the career bundle, no red boxes. Also, when I made one of the pair trying to sculpt failboxes learn all the sculptures via debugging cheats, the two career bundle statues were not listed.

geekgirl
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2010 June 19, 23:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The registration mod which was originally posted caused red boxes in my game (until I removed it), so I am not surprised adding that code to AwesomeMod would do the same.

I am having an issue with children and the little baked goods table, however. Unsure if it's AM or the game doing it, but when my kids "Tend Table" they immediately cancel any interaction with customers that pops up. I haven't got any playtime until tomorrow though, so I can't test the table in other saves/computers/without mods at the moment.

The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2010 June 20, 02:19:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having an issue with children and the little baked goods table, however. Unsure if it's AM or the game doing it, but when my kids "Tend Table" they immediately cancel any interaction with customers that pops up. I haven't got any playtime until tomorrow though, so I can't test the table in other saves/computers/without mods at the moment.

Have you tried moving the table to another location?  Maybe you are having routing issues.   
geekgirl
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2010 June 20, 02:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did it anyplace I put the table, and with different children I got the same result. If nobody else has noticed it I'll assume my pants are too tight, however.

Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2010 June 20, 04:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My firetruck keeps vanishing from the fire station. It's happened on a few different saves now, I go to a fire to put it out, my sim gets back in to drive back to the station, truck pulls up out the front of the station, and promptly vanishes into the ether. I can't find it anywhere, it's not in the inventory... is there a workaround at all to put in a new one?
Gurg
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2010 June 20, 05:07:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having an issue with children and the little baked goods table, however. Unsure if it's AM or the game doing it, but when my kids "Tend Table" they immediately cancel any interaction with customers that pops up.

I am having the same problem too.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2010 June 20, 05:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My firetruck keeps vanishing from the fire station. It's happened on a few different saves now, I go to a fire to put it out, my sim gets back in to drive back to the station, truck pulls up out the front of the station, and promptly vanishes into the ether. I can't find it anywhere, it's not in the inventory... is there a workaround at all to put in a new one?

This is actually an eaxian bug. The solution, if you want to call it one, that I found on the BBS was to just nuke and redrop the firestation. Alternatively, the only way you can buy the Woo Woo 400 is to have a sim actually own the fire station's lot, at which point it automagically becomes available in the buydebug catalog.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
PolecatEZ
Blathering Buffoon

Necatur Americanus - and I vote!

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2010 June 20, 05:35:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is actually an eaxian bug. The solution, if you want to call it one, that I found on the BBS was to just nuke and redrop the firestation. Alternatively, the only way you can buy the Woo Woo 400 is to have a sim actually own the fire station's lot, at which point it automagically becomes available in the buydebug catalog.

The fire engine is always available in the buydebug catalog regardless of ownership of the lot.  You can even place one in home lots for kicks, though I don't think it functions as a standard vehicle (haven't tested).
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2010 June 20, 05:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had the firetruck disappear. I have Base, WA, HELS, AMB; fully patched. I have V.132 of the SP and a similarly dated SC. No AM so far.

I don't think it's EAxian in nature because it hasn't happened to my daughter (pretty similar mods), nor to my son (totally vanilla game).
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: 2010 June 20, 06:47:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have also just noticed the registration reward issue. In my game I can no longer craft the "Claw Dipper" or the "Air Bender" on the inventing bench, nor can i learn those inventions with a new sim.  I can also confirm that removing AM will restore those two items to the menu. I own the official version of that reward, so I have them installed via the in-game store.

For those of you with pregnant elders, you can grab a set of converted adult-elder pregnancy clothing from my mods thread in my sig.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2010 June 20, 06:58:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You just go into edit town, then build/buy and select the fire station, then in the buy debug you can simply drop in a new Woo Woo.  You don't need ownership of the property to do that.

The fire engine is always available in the buydebug catalog regardless of ownership of the lot.  You can even place one in home lots for kicks, though I don't think it functions as a standard vehicle (haven't tested).

I don't know what happens if you just get one that way, but the one you get to keep as fire chief functions like a normal vehicle, which annoys the hell out of me, so I usually detonate it and get rid of it.  I think as fire chief you should get one of the vehicles that is used for the carpool rather than a fire engine, as fire chiefs usually have their own car, not their own fire engine.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2010 June 20, 07:04:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You just go into edit town, then build/buy and select the fire station, then in the buy debug you can simply drop in a new Woo Woo.  You don't need ownership of the property to do that.

I don't know what happens if you just get one that way, but the one you get to keep as fire chief functions like a normal vehicle, which annoys the hell out of me, so I usually detonate it and get rid of it.  I think as fire chief you should get one of the vehicles that is used for the carpool rather than a fire engine, as fire chiefs usually have their own car, not their own fire engine.

Mmm. I must have been blind then. I was poking around looking for it the other night when it happened to me and didn't find it. I'll poke around some more next time I have the game running though. I eventually just said fuck it and nuked/replaced the lot. I stand corrected.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2010 June 20, 08:02:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have also just noticed the registration reward issue. In my game I can no longer craft the "Claw Dipper" or the "Air Bender" on the inventing bench, nor can i learn those inventions with a new sim.  I can also confirm that removing AM will restore those two items to the menu. I own the official version of that reward, so I have them installed via the in-game store.
Did you *DECRAPIFY* them, though? Because it works for me. I can spawn both of these items just fine. I am able to spawn from the inventing bench all the inventions through the debug menu, meaning they SHOULD craft just fine, without redboxing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2010 June 20, 08:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the save.  Sim who lives alone is sleeping through the night.  If I hop him back into bed after he is awakened by the message that the carpool will arrive in an hour, I can sometimes replicate the freeze.  It seems to always happen at 7:26 am, whether he's still sleeping or running out of the house while the carpool honks in front of the house.
Cannot reproduce, freeze does not occur. Must be a you-specific system issue.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
chrisoldfield
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2010 June 20, 08:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

quote author=catfish link=topic=18761.msg540107#msg540107 date=1276665826]
This sounds like your not extinguishing the window fires.
Unfortunately that is not the case, there is absolutely no fire left on the lot. I was able to complete these fire missions before adding awesomemod in. I even started a brand new neighborhood to test it out. I have uploaded a save in which both sims have been convinced to run, all fires have been extinguished, and doors have been broken down, and the game says that none of these objectives have been completed: here.
[/quote]

This is an old post but I feel obligated to answer it.  I read on the sims wikia ( http://www.sims.wikia.com ) of ths particular problem.
Here is the basic cause.  If you got to a fire, or do a ghost busting job, and IF you complete the job within 1 hour of the timer running.  Then you WILL fail the mission, guaranteed.  You can finish all the tasks it will make no difference, the sims will behave like there is still a fire or ghosts on the lot.   There is no known fix for this, the only way to surely avoid this bug is to make certain you finish the job AFTER 1 hour has elapsed.  It is apparently a well known eaxian bug.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: 2010 June 20, 08:57:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have also just noticed the registration reward issue. In my game I can no longer craft the "Claw Dipper" or the "Air Bender" on the inventing bench, nor can i learn those inventions with a new sim.  I can also confirm that removing AM will restore those two items to the menu. I own the official version of that reward, so I have them installed via the in-game store.
Did you *DECRAPIFY* them, though? Because it works for me. I can spawn both of these items just fine. I am able to spawn from the inventing bench all the inventions through the debug menu, meaning they SHOULD craft just fine, without redboxing.

As stated, I own the official version of that reward, so I have them installed via the in-game store, which of course isn't decrapified. They were working fine until the recent AM update, and they work fine without AM, but current AM causes me to have 2 blank menu items on the craft bench and the inability to craft new version of those items.

sorbet
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2010 June 20, 10:02:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The registration mod which was originally posted caused red boxes in my game (until I removed it), so I am not surprised adding that code to AwesomeMod would do the same.

This happened to me before I installed AM.  I had a few other little mods installed, but nothing that had anything to do with the table or even children.  I was actually searching for a fix when I found AM instead.

Note:  I never did find a fix for it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2010 June 20, 10:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As stated, I own the official version of that reward, so I have them installed via the in-game store, which of course isn't decrapified. They were working fine until the recent AM update, and they work fine without AM, but current AM causes me to have 2 blank menu items on the craft bench and the inability to craft new version of those items.
I really cannot think of a logical reason why this would occur given the changes involved. The no-reg change simply involving adding a pop, ldc.i4.1, which basically means it discards the return value of the registration function and substitutes "true", forcing it to always take the IsRegistered branch. The only reason you would get blank items and no object is if the resources of the item failed to load completely, but such a thing occurs at a level below that which AwesomeMod can touch.

In any case, it works for me, so I cannot reproduce this error. I will try making some random changes to it and you can see if it works next time, though.

Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: 2010 June 20, 10:49:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really cannot think of a logical reason why this would occur given the changes involved. The no-reg change simply involving adding a pop, ldc.i4.1, which basically means it discards the return value of the registration function and substitutes "true", forcing it to always take the IsRegistered branch. The only reason you would get blank items and no object is if the resources of the item failed to load completely, but such a thing occurs at a level below that which AwesomeMod can touch.

In any case, it works for me, so I cannot reproduce this error. I will try making some random changes to it and you can see if it works next time, though.

I'll keep an eye out for any change with the next revisions. Unless you can give me a way to disable the added function to test whether switching it on/off fixes the issue, rather than it being caused by something else that AM changes in my game. All I can say is that it is definitely fixed by removing AM, then broken again once AM is put back.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: