More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:16:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD  (Read 199392 times)
Bonniy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD
« Reply #100 on: 2010 June 16, 11:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, I've been a lurker for awhile. I  downloaded the test version and have been playing for awhile.  While playing I got this error.  I have no idea if this has been reported or not or if it has anything to do with AM, but here it is
Bonniy
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2010 June 16, 11:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems to be an EAxian error caught by AwesomeMod. There should be a ScriptError dump that corresponds to it. Attach it here.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Bonniy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2010 June 16, 11:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems to be an EAxian error caught by AwesomeMod. There should be a ScriptError dump that corresponds to it. Attach it here.

where will the scripterror dump be found, I'm not sure where to look, the game froze and I cad'ed it to go back to desktop.
If I can find it, I will download it
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2010 June 16, 11:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In your Thesim~1 userdirectory with all your other sims crap.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Bonniy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2010 June 16, 12:05:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope this is the file that you were refering to. I am somewhat computer illiterate
Bonniy
« Last Edit: 2010 June 16, 12:08:42 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Carokube
Asinine Airhead

Asleep at the wheel.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: 2010 June 16, 12:26:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately that is not the case, there is absolutely no fire left on the lot. I was able to complete these fire missions before adding awesomemod in. I even started a brand new neighborhood to test it out. I have uploaded a save in which both sims have been convinced to run, all fires have been extinguished, and doors have been broken down, and the game says that none of these objectives have been completed: here.

This happened to me without awesomemod installed so I don't think it's an awesomemod problem. I found a little discussion on the problem elsewhere on the internet so other people are having the same issue. It's just something that is broken with Ambitions. It happens with the ghost hunter career as well. I exited and reloaded the game and future firefighting missions worked, but then stopped working. It seems kind of random when it breaks but once it's broken you have to exit the game and reload before it will be able to work (and that is not always a guarantee).

I guess you couldn't call me greedy!
TheCatMeow
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2010 June 16, 12:56:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A minor issue I've noticed with the drop out for school and careers is the interaction for "Meet friends/coworkers", never really seems to go away. Even if I receive a prompt saying my sim has met everyone, I'll still have the option. Sometimes it will go away and sometimes it doesn't. I have Twallan's Career Mod installed but I think it's an EA bug. . .
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2010 June 16, 13:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JMP posted a new update (showconfig is 6/15/2010 20:05:52)

The only real change in here is the addition of Awesome Relationships to the CAS relationships dialog.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2010 June 16, 15:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it fixes the problem with the other relationship options not appearing if Parent/Child is an option. It's also much, much smaller than the original EAxian code for the same function that it replaces, and makes you wonder why EA did theirs in such a horrible, horrible way.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2010 June 16, 15:50:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately that is not the case, there is absolutely no fire left on the lot. I was able to complete these fire missions before adding awesomemod in. I even started a brand new neighborhood to test it out. I have uploaded a save in which both sims have been convinced to run, all fires have been extinguished, and doors have been broken down, and the game says that none of these objectives have been completed: here.

This happened to me without awesomemod installed so I don't think it's an awesomemod problem. I found a little discussion on the problem elsewhere on the internet so other people are having the same issue. It's just something that is broken with Ambitions. It happens with the ghost hunter career as well. I exited and reloaded the game and future firefighting missions worked, but then stopped working. It seems kind of random when it breaks but once it's broken you have to exit the game and reload before it will be able to work (and that is not always a guarantee).

I had a similar situation with a large fire rated difficult. I put it out but the game did not recognize it was out and the sims were still acting like the house is on fire.

I found that once I broke down doors and convinced all remaining sims inside the house to run (there's an interaction for that) then the game registered the fire as being out.

I also noticed I didn't get the little popup window that gives you your time spent on the mission and current grade.

I wasn't sure if these issues were AM related or EAxian as I haven't yet reproduced the scenario in yanking awesomemod out, but it seems perhaps the latter.

Presumably EAxis figured you should direct the sims to leave first then put out the fire. In my case they were nowhere near the first floor kitchen fire though. One was on the 3rd floor and the other the basement. It made little sense to me to go all that way and break down doors when I could just put the fire out, but the scenario would not end until I did so.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Alwayswatching
Asinine Airhead

Correlation does not imply Causality.

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2010 June 16, 16:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So yeah, I did what everyone else was doing and deleted the school then placed it again. It worked, but now I don't get a marker for it in neighborhood view. At least it can be used now.

My inferiority complex is better than your inferiority complex!
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2010 June 16, 16:44:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Latest update to AM was posted (showconfig is 6/16/2010 08:52:09)

Some simplification of Awesome code in the Rabbit Hole Entry System.  I see no actual changes in how it ultimately works, so if there is an actual change it is subtle or second order.

There were changes with opportunities, inventing skill, and sculpting skill. (I see what they do but I am still trying to understand why JMP did it that way)

Edit: second update from 8:52 that touches the opportunities and skills mentioned above.  Seems he is still working on stuff.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 16, 17:27:04 by lordrichter » Logged

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: 2010 June 16, 16:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the change?
dedust
Asinine Airhead

LÖR LÖR

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2010 June 16, 18:41:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that with Supreme Commander set to trash digging, most of the less valuable stuff found disappears from the inventory when moving to another trashcan. I don't have the Hand of God mode enabled, so this seems a bit strange, like it's suddenly on with SC. Even though it's quite handy in deleting trash and old newspapers, it tends to delete all teddy bears, seeds and rubber duckies too.

This has been happening for a while now, at least with the test version. Can't remember it happening in the previous stable versions.
Or is this a feature, not a bug?

edit: To clarify, this doesn't happen when manually digging trash, only when using SC.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 16, 21:35:29 by dedust » Logged

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2010 June 16, 19:25:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the change?

This is what was changed in the opportunities, investigator skill, and sculpture skill.  I was not sure if it was a completed feature.

Refer to this:

Newest AwesomeMod cripples this "registration" crap. Remember, kids: REGISTRATION LEADS TO CONFISCATION. Live free or die!

As for why the technical solution to this includes a "continue" in an inaccessible code block, my mind is still numb from trying to understand.

saladoor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2010 June 16, 19:28:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that with Supreme Commander set to trash digging, most of the less valuable stuff found disappears from the inventory when moving to another trashcan. I don't have the Hand of God mode enabled, so this seems a bit strange, like it's suddenly on with SC. Even though it's quite handy in deleting trash and old newspapers, it tends to delete all teddy bears, seeds and rubber duckies too.

This has been happening for a while now, at least with the test version. Can't remember it happening in the previous stable versions.
Or is this a feature, not a bug?

This is a game bug, i'm loosing shit all the time, esp. pink diamonds and I don'y have awsome installed as yet!
Homestar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2010 June 16, 19:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having some problems with Supreme Commander. My two sims were on Work and School, but 90% of the time they ran to the fire station to play foosball. I deleted the table, causing them to find a second one. After deleting that, too, the ran off to play on the fire station computers, even though they had their own laptops. This happened even if they had full fun and Having a Blast moodlet. Other supreme commander tones had a 10% chance of pointless gaming. So unless there is an Addicted to Computers trait I don't know about, something is wrong.

Everything else seems to be working fine; no crashing or freezing.
lkandak
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2010 June 16, 20:20:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi! Does awesome mod allow your sims to have over/under slided weight and muscle, not only facial sliders?
Thanks Smiley
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: 2010 June 16, 20:22:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome Slider Multiplier only applies to facial sliders.
lkandak
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2010 June 16, 20:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And it doesn't work with Drakah's slider hack since their both core mods Huh
Baarogue
Asinine Airhead

has appeared!

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2010 June 16, 20:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And it doesn't work with Drakah's slider hack since their both core mods Huh

You're off to a great start on this board.

On-topic: Is this thread only for reporting bugs and unexpected behavior specifically caused by AM or also to report undesirable (but not necessarily bugged) Ambitions-specific behavior and also make requests?

For instance; One EAxian quirk I've noticed in Ambitions is that the Perceptive personality trait does not show up when other sims examine the Perceptive sim's traits in the relationships tab or in the drop-down menu during interaction. The Perceptive sim appears (to other sims) to only have four traits. Is AM able to make that visible, or does it not matter?
« Last Edit: 2010 June 16, 20:42:57 by Baarogue » Logged
Lt. Vasquez
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2010 June 16, 21:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mkay, I've never really had a reason to register before... everytime I install the new version of the Awesomemod, the game loads up okay, but when I try to load a game or create a new one, the  loading screen just after the main menu loads UNTIL it gets to the point where it's just about a centimeter away, and completely stops... and I get an error in my TS3 documents folder (My Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3). the contents are here, for simplicity:

- <FSE>
  <Error>Story Driver Initialization Error! System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded. #0: 0x00000 in System.Reflection.System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool) (121CC740
  • ) #1: 0x00002 call in System.Reflection.System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes () () #2: 0x00028 callvirt in Awesome.StoryBus.Awesome.StoryBus.ToadMachine:RegisterToadings () () #3: 0x00000 call in Awesome.StoryBus.Awesome.StoryBus.ToadMachine:WorldStartup () () #4: 0x00000 call in Awesome.StoryBus.Awesome.StoryBus.Driver:Startup () () #5: 0x00015 call in Awesome.Awesome.Main:_WorldInitialize () () #6: 0x00000 call in Awesome.Awesome.Main:WorldInitialize () () #7: 0x000c9 call in Sims3.Gameplay.Sims3.Gameplay.InWorldState:Startup () () #8: 0x00012 callvirt in Sims3.SimIFace.Sims3.SimIFace.StateMachineStatus:StartupCurState () () #9: 0x00018 call in Sims3.SimIFace.Sims3.SimIFace.StateMachineStatus:SetState (Sims3.SimIFace.StateMachineState) (11E62B00 [11E87FA0] ) #10: 0x0009c callvirt in Sims3.SimIFace.Sims3.SimIFace.StateMachine:Update (single) (11E7BEE0
  • ) #11: 0x00017 callvirt in Sims3.SimIFace.Sims3.SimIFace.StateMachine:Simulate () ()</Error>
 </FSE>

I'm also gonna upload the error in a text file with this post so you can look at it offline. I'd appreciate the help. thanks.

P.S, I'm on the current version the Awesomemod supports, except for Ambitions.

P.S.S. this is only with the Awesomemod installed. take it and the Aweconf out, and things work fine, I'm also using the new user-level mod installation.

P.S.S.S. here's the save and backup of the save i used, but the problem goes for any save I load, i've included the backup,: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mjzddg1mmey/Sunset Valley Legacy.sims3.zip

* ScriptError_Dragynbane-PC__06-15-2010__13-18-38__FDDAC257.txt (1.24 KB - downloaded 235 times.)
* the sims 3 loading screen.zip (75.09 KB - downloaded 197 times.)
« Last Edit: 2010 June 16, 22:23:03 by LinkinParkFan » Logged
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: 2010 June 16, 22:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meditating is wonky now. It wasn't before I downloaded the latest version. (6/16 8:40), Though I last used the meditation action on the 14th. Sims can meditate (needs on static) for 34+ hours, and for some crazy reason, it only registers as two hours when you make them stop. I'd upload a save, but I'm using a custom world you probably don't want to download.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Arieth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2010 June 16, 22:11:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep getting random freezes when using the Test Version of Awesome Mod with Ambitions.

Every now and then my game will freeze, but the crystal over my sims head and the trees in the background keep moving, I'm forced to close out my game and lose any progress I've made =\.
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2010 June 16, 22:45:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meditating is wonky now. It wasn't before I downloaded the latest version. (6/16 8:40), Though I last used the meditation action on the 14th. Sims can meditate (needs on static) for 34+ hours, and for some crazy reason, it only registers as two hours when you make them stop. I'd upload a save, but I'm using a custom world you probably don't want to download.

I've noticed such wonkiness long ago, back when WA was still new. I may or may not have been using AM at the time, but I'd wager it's an EA fuck-up. That's always a safe assumption.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: