More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:24:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD  (Read 199367 times)
Josephinev
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD
« Reply #50 on: 2010 June 15, 04:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the current Awesome Mod test installed with AMB.  I can't switch between houses.  I went into edit mode and clicked on choose new household.  When I selected the new household I got the check button to click on.  When I click on it, it greys out and just stays that way.  I can maneuver through the town but nothing happens to actually switch the household to the one I have chosen.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2010 June 15, 04:07:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is an ambitions problem, not an awesomemod problem.
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2010 June 15, 04:11:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I restarted the game and sent a kid to school and he was able to go in. I sure hope that fixed it but it was too easy.  Huh
Josephinev
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010 June 15, 04:26:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the current Awesomemod test installed with AMB.  I can't switch between houses.  I went into edit mode and clicked on choose new household.  When I selected the new household I got the check button to click on.  When I click on it, it greys out and just stays that way.  I can maneuver through the town but nothing happens to actually switch the household to the one I have chosen.
That is an ambitions problem, not an awesomemod problem.

I uninstalled Awesomemod and I can now switch between houses without problem.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2010 June 15, 04:45:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Congratulations. But a broken household checkmark is an ambitions problem, not an awesomemod problem. It has been reported repeatedly for non-awesome ambitions saves. It is not a consistent problem, which is why you can do it now.
Syntempest
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2010 June 15, 04:51:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, after i deleted the invisible object and replaced the school, my sim was able to attend to it properly.
Ladyday
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2010 June 15, 04:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Played for like 8-10 hours on and off (had to eat and wash my arss). Just got off because the active family I was playing went home and it wasn't their home (Reporting because I don't know if this is an AM issue). I LOVE the fam who's house they took over so I quit without saving. I'm letting the cd cool off so I can go back in. The game got so much more exciting! Gotta find out what the hand of god is and all the other cool stuff. Thanks a million! Grin Cheesy Grin
PESCADO AMORE! TI AMO!!  Kiss  Kiss  Kiss

Look, fuck off you fucking moron. This post is not a test report, this is a stupid kid playing a game it barely understands, could hardly get going and it is using a mod it most clearly does not grok at all. We don't like your smilies and we don't like you.

This thread is for people who are seriously testing a beta mod that is widely used in the sims community. Take your idiotic bbs chatter elsewhere.

Can we get some cans put on this retard?

AAAaawww sweety it's okay. I have luv for you too.  Kiss Don't be jealous, it's a Haitian thing. We like to thank those we appreciate.  I appreciate you having a big set of balls like that it's sexy.  Wink
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2010 June 15, 04:58:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also fixed my school by saving it to the library and replanting the lot.

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2010 June 15, 05:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AAAaawww sweety it's okay. I have luv for you too.  Kiss Don't be jealous, it's a Haitian thing. We like to thank those we appreciate.  I appreciate you having a big set of balls like that it's sexy.  Wink

What, as soon as you get your framework issue solved you turn into a fucking troll? Knock it off or leave.

I sing along with elevator music.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2010 June 15, 05:17:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More than one emoticon is too much for a post. Seriously, knock it off.

On a related AMB note, loading an old save takes a REALLY long time. As it was said earlier in the thread that it will take a longer, I know. Makes the app go into (Not Responding) but the music still goes.

But the school works after I deleted the invisible object.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2010 June 15, 05:32:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My load times haven't changed (still takes for friggin ever) but general choppiness and lag did clear up (that is the step-pause-step-pause, move arm a milimeter-pause etc that was the normal routine).

Previously I was getting the hang time when switching from live mode to build or buy. I'm not getting it anymore. This may actually be because I culled some really awful floor CC I didn't realize I had lurking about.

Regarding the schools, I made no changes at all to mine. I did just check and the lot is marked as visitor's allowed.
Randomness that may be related to some people having an invisible object on that lot, as I've been editing lots in Twinbrook I've noticed lots on land have multiple fishing spawners plopped around the yards. Maybe something wonky with lots being instanced on first load?

Still no issues to report.
Lindsay
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2010 June 15, 05:43:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey there,

I'm a first time poster but an unashamed AM addict. I've downloaded the TEST of the newest AMB AM and noticed that out of probably all of the modifications, the house limit hack doesn't work for me. Would anyone know what I'm doing wrong or what to do or if this is even a AM problem?
mystikmoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2010 June 15, 05:45:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if this is an AM problem or not, but in CAS I can't connect young adults and adults as married...  the only option I have is to set the young adult as the adult's child.
Juan Sfalcin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2010 June 15, 06:38:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Installed Awesomemod 4.0.87 (AMB) and now game takes ages to load. Also had a terrible lag. Hmm.. Anyone else experienced that?

Nevermind, it wasn't AM related. Until now, it's running smoothly.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 15, 10:50:58 by Juan Sfalcin » Logged
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2010 June 15, 07:55:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would there be any point in testing this in 1.12-only, or is this beta specifically about EP features?
Botswana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2010 June 15, 08:06:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The school issue has been resolved slightly. I noticed that my kids now have the option to go to school (unlike before), but they can't actually go inside. This was resolved by simply saving the school lot to the lot bin, deleting the school, and placing it down again. Now it works fine.

Other than that, I only get random crashes whenever I try and take a photograph, but this has been happening since the first Awesome Mod. I have a feeling it may just be my computer, since nobody else seems to have this problem.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2010 June 15, 08:37:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My architectural designer sim who's been awarded an honor from the City Hall still triggers a flagrant error everytime he clicks on the building/about to enter the building. Unlike before though, the game keeps throwing errors until it crashed to desktop (must be like hunderds of them). It was only a handful before.

Also, I noticed that the job checklist thing for architectural designer is now broken (no green tick), the whole job feels glitchy too. This didn't happen with the pre-ambitions 1.12 test version yesterday.
Sync
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2010 June 15, 09:25:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey there,

I'm a first time poster but an unashamed AM addict. I've downloaded the TEST of the newest AMB AM and noticed that out of probably all of the modifications, the house limit hack doesn't work for me. Would anyone know what I'm doing wrong or what to do or if this is even a AM problem?
Not an AM problem, I'm assuming something changed in ambitions. It doesn't work with twallan's supercomputer either.
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2010 June 15, 09:36:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey there,

For me, the Overstuffed Houses UI is borked: no more than 8 sim portraits are displayed even if i have 12 sims in the same household
Willee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2010 June 15, 10:35:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have Ambitions nor HELS loaded.  I want to use Awesomemod.  I know according to Pescado, there is only ONE Awesomemod, so can I use the latest version (still in testing) as I can't go back to previous versions due to my version being 2.7.7 now?
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2010 June 15, 10:45:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have Ambitions nor HELS loaded.  I want to use Awesomemod.  I know according to Pescado, there is only ONE Awesomemod, so can I use the latest version (still in testing) as I can't go back to previous versions due to my version being 2.7.7 now?

*sigh*

It's the VERSION number that matters, not if you have any EPs installed or not.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2010 June 15, 11:07:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me, the Overstuffed Houses UI is borked: no more than 8 sim portraits are displayed even if i have 12 sims in the same household
The overstuffed UI sheet was provided by a third-party and therefore, requires more examination before it can be reimplemented.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Willee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2010 June 15, 11:21:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sigh*

Thanks, so if that is the case and I am only patched to 2.7.7 and Awesomemod is now being configured for 4.0.87, then theoretically the latest Beta version of AM should not work?
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2010 June 15, 11:29:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sigh*

Thanks, so if that is the case and I am only patched to 2.7.7 and Awesomemod is now being configured for 4.0.87, then theoretically the latest Beta version of AM should not work?
Here is my guess:
It will work just fine.  Pescado had been playing without ambitions for a while and is making his mod work even without the latest (or any) expansion packs.  That said, this is a TEST thread so it might cause your neighborhood to explode in a fiery death.  So if you are really worried about it either don't use it or don't save over any games you want to keep.
Willee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2010 June 15, 11:52:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sigh*

Here is my guess:
It will work just fine.  Pescado had been playing without ambitions for a while and is making his mod work even without the latest (or any) expansion packs.  That said, this is a TEST thread so it might cause your neighborhood to explode in a fiery death.  So if you are really worried about it either don't use it or don't save over any games you want to keep.

Thanks Simius. I took the plunge and loaded AM latest and it loaded fine.  I only use it for game to CAS and back to game function and Slider and slider scale multipliers all of which are working for me. Whether it explodes in the neighbourhood remains to seen Wink I'm guessing that I will doing a lot of downloading of various versions of AM as Pes works to make it compatible with all the issues I have been reading about on this board .
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: