More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:47:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD  (Read 199362 times)
moreawfullthanyou
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD
« Reply #25 on: 2010 June 14, 21:38:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to have version 4.0.87 ts3+wa+amb+hels , the awesomemod said it was outdated/expired (it lasted like TWO days only..) , and closes ts3 game. I think this happened after updating from v3.0 to v3.3 Then now it seems I cannot play the game. I cannot find the link to download awesomemod 4.0.87, can anyone post a link for it ?

thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: 2010 June 14, 22:07:24 by moreawfullthanyou » Logged
barbarellaella
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 June 14, 21:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/test/
igottapi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 June 14, 21:44:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^^^ Thx Smiley
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 June 14, 21:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, skill books are missing in libraries, so I used the regeneratebooks command and the text strings are missing on some of the skill books (fishing, guitar,& painting, IIRC). That probably is related to some other book mod if no one else is experiencing it.
Are you using Twinbrook?

I'm pretty sure that this is a known issue with Twinbrook.

Yup, I'm solely testing on Twinbrook.

I must have misunderstood something, because I thought that the absence of the books was from EAxian fail and that the regenerate command would fix it. Obviously, AM fixed what it was intended to fix.  The text-string is probably missing because the book wasn't there to begin with; side-effect of EAxian fail.

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 June 14, 21:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Correct. So for those of you going 'halp111111 it sez wrong vershun111111' Use that one not the release version. There currently is no stable release version for Ambitions, just the test version barbarellaella linked above for those too lazy and/or not resourceful enough to find it.

HOWEVER

Since it is a test version be warned their may be unforeseen problems. It seems to be working fairly well for most people so far, but don't cry if your save game ends up getting hosed because you were warned.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 June 14, 21:59:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, skill books are missing in libraries, so I used the regeneratebooks command and the text strings are missing on some of the skill books (fishing, guitar,& painting, IIRC). That probably is related to some other book mod if no one else is experiencing it.
Are you using Twinbrook?

I'm pretty sure that this is a known issue with Twinbrook.

Yup, I'm solely testing on Twinbrook.

I must have misunderstood something, because I thought that the absence of the books was from EAxian fail and that the regenerate command would fix it. Obviously, AM fixed what it was intended to fix.  The text-string is probably missing because the book wasn't there to begin with; side-effect of EAxian fail.
If you add The Penningway Bookshelf or the Book Corral to your library it should add skill books and fix the problem.
moreawfullthanyou
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 June 14, 22:09:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks a bunch barbarellaella!  Cool IOU1!
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 June 14, 22:25:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vehicle marking seems to be confused- NPC vehicles (parked maid car) and parked vehicles in general are listed as "no driver" and "Derelict", but are quickly driven away by their owners once they leave wherever they are. I don't think this happened before, but it's hard to know, since NPCs weren't as big of car owners as the Twinbrook sims are.

It always did this, at least in my game.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
airilina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 June 14, 22:29:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed two things consistently with AMB and AM:
1. In map view, if I ctrl-click on anything (a house, workplace, sims, etc.) 9 times out of 10 I will get the sim's melted-face look when making my selection.
2. Hand of God used to whisk away my newly cooked meals into the refrigerator.  Now my served meals sit on the counter and decay.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 14, 22:47:02 by airilina » Logged
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 June 14, 22:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you add The Penningway Bookshelf or the Book Corral to your library it should add skill books and fix the problem.

I had to add these and invoke the "regenerate" command for the skill books to even appear.  I am still missing the text-strings, though.  Also, my schools (at least in Twinbrook) remain borkinated.  I lied about the "no swarm" though.  I must have missed it.  All the kiddies are standing outside the building waiting to get in, imagine that! Before this version, the bus wouldn't even pick up the kiddies to take them to school.  Now, they actually arrive, yet cannot enter.  I have Base, WA, HELS, & Ambitions, no other mods (at least on this last test), removed all cache files prior to starting the saved game, and my OS is W7.  

The "hand of God" is awesome, I must say! Who thought that doing laundry in a game was a good idea? Someone who doesn't do it in RL, evidently.

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2010 June 14, 23:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2. Hand of God used to whisk away my newly cooked meals into the refrigerator.  Now my served meals sit on the counter and decay.

Do your sims have a crap fridge? I believe it doesn't automatically whisk them away any more if they would be spoiled by the 'Tastes like Fridge' moodlet. You can still manually drag them to the fridge, though.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2010 June 14, 23:35:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Be sure you have it enabled, too. It is disabled by default.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 June 14, 23:41:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using the most recent build (2010-Jun-14 18:32:57) none of my sims are having any issues with the schools. Able to enter and exit as needed for classes and school attendance. I have not tried anything with the education career yet beyond sending a sim in to become employed, which he did with no issue.

Missing texts on the pie menus is resolved and choppiness/lagginess of the game all around seems to have cleared up as well.

Not finding any other issues so far!

janedivided
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 June 15, 00:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In an overstuffed family with 9 sims, the UI is only showing thumbnail portraits for 8 of them.  I'm using the most recent build and have all expansion and stuff packs installed.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2010 June 15, 00:14:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that when my sims are running on treadmills in a room with a stereo turned on, they do not get the music buff unless they are off the treadmills.

Also, sculpting, and using the weight training machines they do not get the buff from the stereo. I've tried a couple of types of stereo and the result is the same. Nothing.

New edit: With Martial Arts, sims that are meditating don't get the music buff, but they do get it while using the board breaker or training dummy.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 15, 03:40:09 by Moryrie » Logged

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2010 June 15, 00:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aging-length-based skill difficulty doesn't seem to work with the new ambitions skills, though I don't know if that's to be expected or not. The difficulty multiplier in general does not seem to work with them right.
AngerousAlex
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010 June 15, 00:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Throw rocks at me, but I'm getting a stuck load bar at 0%. I don't think it's a framework fail. (Yes I tried searching.)
JamesNine
Blathering Buffoon

Llama

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 June 15, 00:55:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Working fine for me (Ambitions). However, is anyone else noticing any slight delay when switching characters or going into buymode (that didn't exist before testing the new Awesomemod)? Maybe it's just my PC.

More Awesome Sig
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2010 June 15, 00:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a delay, but then again I am experiencing slower loading of things altogether- myskaal says that it seems faster with the latest build, but not matter how many times I clear my cache, I cannot get a newer version than "9:44 AM" to test that.
airilina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010 June 15, 02:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do your sims have a crap fridge? I believe it doesn't automatically whisk them away any more if they would be spoiled by the 'Tastes like Fridge' moodlet. You can still manually drag them to the fridge, though.

Nope, I'm using the best one there is.  I've been manually dragging them to the fridge today.

Be sure you have it enabled, too. It is disabled by default.

Yes, I am aware of that.  I have it enabled.  Notice I didn't mention dirty dishes and laundry everywhere, because they are being taken care of.  Only meals are out and not going into the refrigerator.
Ladyday
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010 June 15, 03:34:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Played for like 8-10 hours on and off (had to eat and wash my arss). Just got off because the active family I was playing went home and it wasn't their home (Reporting because I don't know if this is an AM issue). I LOVE the fam who's house they took over so I quit without saving. I'm letting the cd cool off so I can go back in. The game got so much more exciting! Gotta find out what the hand of god is and all the other cool stuff. Thanks a million! Grin Cheesy Grin
PESCADO AMORE! TI AMO!!  Kiss  Kiss  Kiss
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2010 June 15, 03:40:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using latest version of AM, schools are available, with no swarm, but kids cannot go in and get the "skipping school" nonsense.  If I used a game that was saved with a previous version of AM, can it have residual effects? Just wondering, because admittedly, I know shit.

I have the same issue with school. Kids go to school, but remain outside, any attempt to enter the door fails, as does trying to attend a painting class. My school lot is currently set to "No Visitors allowed", where as most rabbit holes do not have a community lot type, that is the only difference I . I also tried replacing the school building and changing the lot type to something else such as "Visitors allowed" (There is no School or rabbit hole type in the drop-down), without luck. However, the problem is also happening to the custom rabbit holes as rugs mod I use, sims cannot use the rug either.

I have a bug to report too. It seems that since the latest patch, he Auto-save feature does not currently remember the last used number and always starts at Autosave0 with each launch of the game.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 15, 04:05:16 by Anach » Logged

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010 June 15, 03:42:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Played for like 8-10 hours on and off (had to eat and wash my arss). Just got off because the active family I was playing went home and it wasn't their home (Reporting because I don't know if this is an AM issue). I LOVE the fam who's house they took over so I quit without saving. I'm letting the cd cool off so I can go back in. The game got so much more exciting! Gotta find out what the hand of god is and all the other cool stuff. Thanks a million! Grin Cheesy Grin
PESCADO AMORE! TI AMO!!  Kiss  Kiss  Kiss

Look, fuck off you fucking moron. This post is not a test report, this is a stupid kid playing a game it barely understands, could hardly get going and it is using a mod it most clearly does not grok at all. We don't like your smilies and we don't like you.

This thread is for people who are seriously testing a beta mod that is widely used in the sims community. Take your idiotic bbs chatter elsewhere.

Can we get some cans put on this retard?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010 June 15, 03:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same issue with school. Kids go to school, but remain outside, any attempt to enter the door fails, as does trying to attend a painting class. My school lot is currently set to "No Visitors allowed", where as most rabbit holes do not have a community lot type, that is the only difference I . I also tried replacing the school building and changing the lot type to something else such as "Visitors allowed", without luck.

I'm wondering if there is there a way to reset lot type, as School or rabbit hole isn't available in the drop-down.

I was having the same issue. I moved the school building back a little (very little) then saved to library. I then bulldozed the original school. The lot seemed to be set to no visitors so I changed that, replaced the building and my sim was able to attend painting class. I wanted to test it with a kid going to school but I found I could no longer change households so closed the game and will restart and test with a kid.

Syntempest
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010 June 15, 04:03:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same issue with school. Kids go to school, but remain outside, any attempt to enter the door fails, as does trying to attend a painting class. My school lot is currently set to "No Visitors allowed", where as most rabbit holes do not have a community lot type, that is the only difference I . I also tried replacing the school building and changing the lot type to something else such as "Visitors allowed", without luck.

I'm wondering if there is there a way to reset lot type, as School or rabbit hole isn't available in the drop-down.

I was having the same issue. I moved the school building back a little (very little) then saved to library. I then bulldozed the original school. The lot seemed to be set to no visitors so I changed that, replaced the building and my sim was able to attend painting class. I wanted to test it with a kid going to school but I found I could no longer change households so closed the game and will restart and test with a kid.

I noticed that the sims that tried to go into school got the "route failed" balloon above them.
I managed to enable painting classes, i need to wait 1 more day to see if my adolescent sim can go to school, but i think i fixed it. I removed the school, then i used the SLEDGEHAMMER TOOL in the entire area that the school was.
There was some invisible object which i deleted, and i think that was the problem... Still needs confirmation, i'll edit this post soon.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: