More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:09:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD  (Read 199395 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD
« on: 2010 June 14, 14:36:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Known AMB specific issues should be fixed, including the following:
1. Broken schools.
2. Wonky lot value calculations now that community lots are ownable/buyable/value-able.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ladyday
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 14, 14:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sigmund et al,

I followed your instructions and installed the
New Mac Custom Content Framework Installer - for patch 1.12/2.7/3.3 by LoofahFlufferduff

I went to the MTS site and copied the Resource file into the folder since nothing worked when I tried the program with the installer as it was (the resource file was already in the Mods file) (I placed the awesomemod into the packages file).

I downloaded the awesomemod again and deleted the other one...

I am going to restart the Puter to see if that will magically make something work...

I feel like I have the biggest brain hemorrhoids in the world cause farts would have dissipated by now and I would have figured this out, lol. Shait Bubbles!!!!!

Thank you everyone who's tried to help. I really appreciate it.

***yeah, tried it didn't work. tried it with a new game...guess...nope!! didn't work*** I gotta figure this out or else I'm going to go nuts. I really am.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 14, 15:14:33 by Ladyday » Logged
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 14, 15:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far, so good.

The school works again, and there hasn't been any crashes. It did fail to load my save on the first attempt, although I honestly don't know whether this is related to Awesomemod.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 June 14, 15:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unrelated. The save didn't actually fail to load, but sometimes a first load will TAKE FOREVER.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Syntempest
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 June 14, 15:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had no problems with the last test version (using WA+AMB).
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 June 14, 15:51:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't get the game to load with this new version of AM. First I will get the mismatch pop-up and then the green bar will load to 100% and then... it won't go further. It'll just stay there. It loads fine without AM and it loaded fine with older versions of AM. Nothing else has changed in my game.

ETA: Tried removing all other mods to only run AM and there was a slight change in behaviour -- instead of indefinitely hanging, it just crashed after loading the game. O.o I had removed script cache first etc so that shouldn't be the problem. Mysterious.

ETA2: Double-checked if my version was the newest. (It was. 14-06-2010 07:47.) Fiddled some more. Decided to redownload anyway and... now it works. My file must have been messed up during download. Sorry for the waste of time.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 14, 16:36:49 by MissKitty » Logged
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 June 14, 16:15:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Missing texts in a couple pie menus.

When selecting another house the track on radar text is missing:

And when selecting another sim, I think that's the make sacred text? I don't remember but:

Schools are functioning. I've been running SC skilling and collections with zero problems so far and beyond those missing texts have not found any other problems yet.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 June 14, 16:20:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Ladyday: This thread is for reporting issues with the latest test version of Awesomemod. (ie once you've actually got it installed properly and able to run the game with it)

Since you have not reached that step yet you will probably be better off asking for assistance either at Mod the Sims 2 (niceness is enforced there so they won't rip you a new one  Tongue) or if you must ask here then in this thread, though I suggest reading it in it's entirety before posting.

And when selecting another sim, I think that's the make sacred text? I don't remember but:

Yep, that's the Make Sacred test and it's been missing for me also since the last update or so prior to this one.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2010 June 14, 16:54:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vehicle marking seems to be confused- NPC vehicles (parked maid car) and parked vehicles in general are listed as "no driver" and "Derelict", but are quickly driven away by their owners once they leave wherever they are. I don't think this happened before, but it's hard to know, since NPCs weren't as big of car owners as the Twinbrook sims are.

As well, my sim's car seems to be noted as no driver and derelict...in 3 places in town. There is only one car, and it is parked at home? There are also a few cars marked as derelict that aren't even there- the marker points to an entirely empty area. Towderelicts does not solve any of these problems (nor does it remove the one car I can find that actually IS derelict), nor does Resetworld.

Very minor issue, not finding anything wrong elsewhere.
Ladyday
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 June 14, 16:57:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Ladyday: This thread is for reporting issues with the latest test version of Awesomemod. (ie once you've actually got it installed properly and able to run the game with it)

Since you have not reached that step yet you will probably be better off asking for assistance either at Mod the Sims 2 (niceness is enforced there so they won't rip you a new one  Tongue) or if you must ask here then in this thread, though I suggest reading it in it's entirety before posting.

Yep, that's the Make Sacred test and it's been missing for me also since the last update or so prior to this one.

Since others mentioned the same issue in this thread I figured it was the right one. I was referring to the new version not loading. But I won't say anything anymore. Thank you for the info too!  Smiley
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 June 14, 17:00:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possible ASM error. With ASM enabled, inactive household moved out of town (received the popup). IIRC ASM was supposed to be preventing this? I've never had it happen before.

Disregard. I believe this actually happened before installing AM and just popped up in the newspaper.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 14, 17:11:15 by myskaal » Logged
aquila
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 June 14, 17:06:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Installed this version to my ambitions game and it loaded just fine. Seems to be running fine too. So far the only odd things I've noticed behavior-wise have been (presumably) EA-related ones. I can second the "Missing menu" options though; the "track on radar" specifically.
Ladyday
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 June 14, 18:24:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!! Shocked I AM SO BLOODY EXCITED!!!  Grin

I kept both of the frameworks (the old one from Marhis and the new one from LoofahFlufferduff) , put the resource file in both and the Sims directory and fckn winged it! I can't believe it! Wow....I think I just came.

I did not receive any of the bullshit EA warnings. The only thing I noticed was that some of the text from the menus were missing and that's it! Some of my CC is not showing up but I'll figure that shit out later, lol.

THANK YOU EVERYONE! You've been very kind!
Gencus
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 June 14, 18:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have base game only, running on Windows 7.

I've been using AM without issue for some time now. The version I had expired on the 13th, so I came and got the most recent one, and am now getting the
'doesn't match your current version of The Sims 3' error.

Where's my fail?
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 June 14, 18:32:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Installed latest version of AM--so far all schools are functional.
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 June 14, 19:02:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado did not post, but new version (6/14/2010 9:44:11) includes the following features:

Hand Of God will pick up dry laundry and put it in a target laundry deposit box, or washing machine if there is one.

There is a new feature to make generated Sims have random faces instead of the vanilla faces.  Off by default.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
igottapi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 June 14, 19:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only problem I notice is the skill wants reappear if you dont have a want pick out and missing text in adding skills box.
ShiroInu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 June 14, 19:21:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far so good with the schools problem . . . functionality has returned. However, whenever a sim is directed to go there, they complain that something is in the way. Some kind of routing issue. Anyone else experience this?
igottapi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 June 14, 19:24:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No one shoot me but were the hell is the download? Cant see it.

*(there goes my record of no noob questions Sad)
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2010 June 14, 19:46:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a new feature to make generated Sims have random faces instead of the vanilla faces.  Off by default.

Oh wow, that's gotta be a strange addition. Do slider multipliers apply to this?

I'll have to load up a blank neighborhood and spawn more overlords and see what happens, I guess.
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 June 14, 19:49:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far so good with the schools problem . . . functionality has returned. However, whenever a sim is directed to go there, they complain that something is in the way. Some kind of routing issue. Anyone else experience this?

Yes. But since my last few problems have been because of User Error, I've kind of been assuming that this was too.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2010 June 14, 20:03:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that when my sims are running on treadmills in a room with a stereo turned on, they do not get the music buff unless they are off the treadmills.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2010 June 14, 20:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Confirm that NoVanillaPudding works nicely. It doesn't appear to work with slider multiplication, I am not sure if that is intended or not, but an entirely freshly spawned town seemed to have a lot more nose and eye and mouth and jaw variety than usual, and I also noticed significantly more semi-overweight and overweight sims.
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 June 14, 20:35:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using latest version of AM, schools are available, with no swarm, but kids cannot go in and get the "skipping school" nonsense.  If I used a game that was saved with a previous version of AM, can it have residual effects? Just wondering, because admittedly, I know shit.

Also, skill books are missing in libraries, so I used the regeneratebooks command and the text strings are missing on some of the skill books (fishing, guitar,& painting, IIRC). That probably is related to some other book mod if no one else is experiencing it.

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 June 14, 20:48:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, skill books are missing in libraries, so I used the regeneratebooks command and the text strings are missing on some of the skill books (fishing, guitar,& painting, IIRC). That probably is related to some other book mod if no one else is experiencing it.
Are you using Twinbrook?

I'm pretty sure that this is a known issue with Twinbrook.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: