More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 09:32:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Pudding Plots
| | | |-+  Fambly starter - colour challenge.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fambly starter - colour challenge.  (Read 18694 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Fambly starter - colour challenge.
« Reply #25 on: 2010 June 18, 05:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice Tangie, I like the 2nd lot you've uploaded, I'm always short of starter homes for awesomestory mode.

FireDrake, check MTS for tutorials on adding a garage to a house with foundation. Same system as TS2, so plenty of tutorials around.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 June 18, 21:59:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the interior of that house Tangie, it looks like a fancy pack of chocolate truffles with raspberry filling. Mmm... To me the garage looks a little big though. But how did you attach it to the house without a foundation?

Hee. You're making me hungry.

Yes, the garage is out of proportion to the house. Length-wise, it is the smallest I could make it and still fit the parking space in it so sims could actually park a car in there. Width-wise, if I take away the extra square on either side of the garage door, the side of the garage door clips through the living room wall. DNW. So that was pretty much the smallest I could make it. I may have been able to take away one square length-wise, but might have had to use moveobjects on to place the parking space. I think there is something that is just off about the scale of houses in general in comparison to sims. It is one of the reasons why I find it difficult to make them small. That, and the crappy routing.

You have to use the constrainfloorelevation (CFE) false cheat to attach the walls to the rest of the house and then shorten walls etc. I hadn't done it in awhile and was afraid that I forgot how, but it all came back to me. Witch is correct, you can find several tutorials on the 'net that explain how to do it.
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

It seems that they all died...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 June 18, 22:11:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the interior of that house Tangie, it looks like a fancy pack of chocolate truffles with raspberry filling. Mmm... To me the garage looks a little big though. But how did you attach it to the house without a foundation?

Hee. You're making me hungry.

Yes, the garage is out of proportion to the house. Length-wise, it is the smallest I could make it and still fit the parking space in it so sims could actually park a car in there. Width-wise, if I take away the extra square on either side of the garage door, the side of the garage door clips through the living room wall. DNW. So that was pretty much the smallest I could make it. I may have been able to take away one square length-wise, but might have had to use moveobjects on to place the parking space. I think there is something that is just off about the scale of houses in general in comparison to sims. It is one of the reasons why I find it difficult to make them small. That, and the crappy routing.

You have to use the constrainfloorelevation (CFE) false cheat to attach the walls to the rest of the house and then shorten walls etc. I hadn't done it in awhile and was afraid that I forgot how, but it all came back to me. Witch is correct, you can find several tutorials on the 'net that explain how to do it.

I've noticed it is challenging to make smaller houses that look good. I can pump out grunge houses for my shanty towns in no time though, but they lack a certain quality. And I did find the tutorials via Google, but I got lazy and didn't feel like booting up the game and waiting for it to load. Thanks for that though, much appreciated.

"Birds, flowers, sun...Hawaii does not exist. It's a myth...like tough liberals, or the Canadian army."
You should click on this.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 June 19, 00:12:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the garage larger; we need the room for a washer and dryer.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 June 19, 16:46:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.colourlovers.com/ nuff said.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 June 20, 15:37:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know whether to thank you or not - I just spent an hour playing with COPASO - the Color Pallette Software on that site - when I should have been doing something else.  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: