More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 12:17:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Changing game language?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Changing game language?  (Read 2973 times)
Ayrell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Changing game language?
« on: 2010 June 12, 15:20:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi everyone:

After installing Ambitions my save games became corrupted, so I have to start anew. I decided to try Twinbrook, which looks pretty nice. The problem is that since my game is in Spanish (my mother language) all the townies have silly translated Spanish names. Is there a way to turn the game into English or some kind of file I could replace so that they would have their English names? I tried editing the "locale" entry in the registry, but then the Launcher (which is evil, I know, but I'm still setting things up so I'm not using 3booter yet) gave me an error and refused to load, so I'm not very confident on it actually working.

Any tips or ideas? Thanks in advance.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
Re: Changing game language?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 12, 15:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The hard way; take each and every one of them to City Hall to get their names changed. 
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 12, 16:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or reinstall the game and select English as the language. At least that's how I always get my game to be in English instead of Finnish.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Heodez
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2010 June 12, 18:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ayrell, the game will work if you edit the registry. You just need to start from TS3.exe and not from Sims3Launcher.exe. It's just the Launcher that won't work.

However, if you edit the registry, you'll need to rename your "Los Sims 3" file in My Documents\Electronic Arts to "The Sims 3" (or else the game will start a blank new game and not load your previous saves).

Forever Night, a sims 2 story.
WIP
Ayrell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 June 13, 19:31:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you all for the tips and the advice. It was just like Heodez said, the actual game worked and I am now playing in English. Thank you so much! And thanks for telling me about the renaming thing also.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: