More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:17:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Creepy Doll in ur files messin with ur Sims3Packs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Creepy Doll in ur files messin with ur Sims3Packs  (Read 38294 times)
jmtmom
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Creepy Doll in ur files messin with ur Sims3Packs
« on: 2010 June 11, 03:32:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rebecah who now sucks because she's moved to TSR has managed to infest thousands of games with her creepy little doll.

Read more here: http://builders.forumotion.net/warning-corrupt-cchere-s-a-tutorial-to-help-you-with-corrupt-cc-by-glitzyangel-f81/solution-posted-please-check-this-out-t673.htm

Check out installed content in your launcher. The vile little thing doesn't show up in downloads. Uninstall it and then check any Sims3Packs with this: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=390235
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: Creepy Doll in ur files messin with ur Sims3Packs
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 11, 03:44:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This kinda makes me wish I made things in sims3pack format.

Make a Tails Doll doll...sneak it into your stuff...watch as it spreads like wildfire throughout the community, infecting game after game exponentially, and people start to worry about where this bloody little fox doll in their game came from.
gumbyscout
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 11, 04:31:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This kinda makes me wish I made things in sims3pack format.

Make a Tails Doll doll...sneak it into your stuff...watch as it spreads like wildfire throughout the community, infecting game after game exponentially, and people start to worry about where this bloody little fox doll in their game came from.
A tails doll would be cool, that creepy doll isn't.

Bottle-O-Cunt
Blathering Buffoon

More Tryhard Than You.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 June 11, 10:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, I've shat better CC before.
Why would sheeple even download that? I am was certain they have had eyes.

So let me get this straight:

- Download the doll
  > all of your sims3pack CC infected.
    > any of your uploaded sims3pack CC then has Rosemary's baby attached to it.
      > Expontential increase of devil spawn toy all over the interwebs.

What I don't understand is where the doll appears. Tards don't make it clear. Will it appear all over the household like multplying bunnies?
If so, safe I am. Shan't be downloading CC in a while though.

Haven't been around too long to know who this whore is, but I say is torch her crotch.

Shouty Vole/Teh Goddess - My OTP <333
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 June 11, 14:13:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, I've shat better CC before.
Why would sheeple even download that? I am was certain they have had eyes.

So let me get this straight:

- Download the doll
  > all of your sims3pack CC infected.
    > any of your uploaded sims3pack CC then has Rosemary's baby attached to it.
      > Expontential increase of devil spawn toy all over the interwebs.

What I don't understand is where the doll appears. Tards don't make it clear. Will it appear all over the household like multplying bunnies?
If so, safe I am. Shan't be downloading CC in a while though.

Haven't been around too long to know who this whore is, but I say is torch her crotch.

It's the same problem we had with some terrain paints in TS2.  Whenever someone with this doll in their game exports a sims3pack file for upload, like to share a house they designed or whatever, this doll gets added to the package automatically and everyone who downloads and installs that house gets that doll as an xtra-speshul bonus and can then pass it along the next time THEY upload a sims3pack.  As for why someone would have downloaded that ugly thing in the first place, I can almost guarantee someone on the Exchange saw the doll on TSR, thought it was BYOOTEEFULL, and got this ball rolling.  People on the Exchange are notorious for having absolutely no taste whatsoever, and will upload and download any old piece of crap; it's just like TSR, only free.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
jmtmom
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 June 11, 14:19:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most people who have the doll didn't download it, it was attached to a Sims3Pack. I think it appears in the toy section of your game. I found it under installed content in the launcher and uninstalled it there. It doesn't pop up in houses as far as I know. Some sheeple are complaining that it messes up their game. I had lots of game crashes and a corrupted neighborhood, but I can't be sure that it was due to the doll.

Just use Delphy's tool to check and fix sims3packs before installing them.

It's really TSR's fault because they suck and are evil. Rebecah was dumb to go there, if she'd uploaded it at MTS2, the problem would have been solved in days, not months.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 11, 14:30:05 by jmtmom » Logged
suziblue
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 June 11, 14:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, reminds me of Candace, the dishwasher in early TS2 days. 
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 June 11, 17:45:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since the early days of Sims 2, I learned that the Exchange = Evil! It's a sure way to have your game blow up into a fiery ball.  Please kiddies, do not download from the official site.

BTW, I didn't know that the Delphy's custard program was created. Always wanted something like the Sims 2 Clean Installer for Sims 3.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
jmtmom
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 June 11, 21:30:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's true, but this thing is showing up in MTS lots too. People don't know they have it and pass it on to others, like a creepy little virtual STD I guess.
Bottle-O-Cunt
Blathering Buffoon

More Tryhard Than You.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 June 11, 21:43:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like I said, TORCH HER CROTCH.

Shouty Vole/Teh Goddess - My OTP <333
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2010 June 11, 23:41:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

idk, I think the doll itself is kind of cute, but DNW it infecting all my files.

Reminds me of the pre-Clean Installer days of TS2 when people were spazzing over hacked default replacement objects that were being uploaded with packages all over creation.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 June 12, 03:01:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It reminds me of the red default replacement mailbox from TS2. It came attached with a house I downloaded and because it was named as a random string of numbers, it took ages to get rid of. It kept coming back, too, because I guess a lot of people ended up with it.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 June 12, 04:59:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the doll itself is kind of cute

Seriously?  In the picture it looks like it's biding its time until the little girl holding it goes to sleep.  So it can STEAL.  HER.  EYEBALLS.  *shudder*

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 June 12, 05:21:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too bad these are for TS2. Would've been fitting.

INEPT INTP
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 June 13, 01:08:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a six, my parents took me to the drive-in, and the feature film was Barbarella. I am usually sleep by the time the feature started, but I woke up just as the scene started with the killer dolls. That was too much for my F'ly, six, mind and have hated big, walking dolls since.

When that download came up, I completely bypassed it. Remind me of past trauma.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
jmtmom
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 June 13, 14:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a six, my parents took me to the drive-in, and the feature film was Barbarella. I am usually sleep by the time the feature started, but I woke up just as the scene started with the killer dolls. That was too much for my F'ly, six, mind and have hated big, walking dolls since.

I'm not sure you quite understand. You don't have to download the doll to have it installed. It attaches itself to Sims3Packs. The creator of the lot/Cas part/whatever doesn't even know it's there. You won't either unless you check every Sims3Pack with Delphy's tool. You have to check installed content under the launcher to see if you have it in your game.

I think those killer dolls would be awesome for Sims3.

Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 June 13, 14:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a six, my parents took me to the drive-in, and the feature film was Barbarella.

And with all the implied sex (just implied god damn it) you did not turned into a axe murderer?
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 June 13, 17:03:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure you quite understand. You don't have to download the doll to have it installed.

I totally understand, I must have been lucky, cause I don't download houses, but mostly hair and objects. I don't have that ugly object in my game. Also, I am picky about which creators to download from.  So far, I am doing good.

As a six, my parents took me to the drive-in, and the feature film was Barbarella.

And with all the implied sex (just implied god damn it) you did not turned into a axe murderer?

Not only was my six mind F'ly, it was also naive and oblivious to those worldly things. Proof that not every bad experience in childhood turns you into a psychotic killer.

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 June 14, 00:46:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I don't download lots at all either, but very nearly got this thing in my game anyway. I downloaded some clothes and objects in sims3pack form, which I always convert to package format. As I was looking through them in S3PE, I noticed one of the packages was the creepy doll download. Not sure which one it was attached to, but I definitely didn't download it on my own.

I sing along with elevator music.
meresimp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 June 15, 14:26:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can find more information here: http://builders.forumotion.net/warning-corrupt-cchere-s-a-tutorial-to-help-you-with-corrupt-cc-by-glitzyangel-f81/solution-posted-please-check-this-outthis-is-serious-do-not-ignore-t673.htm
The threads on TS3 keeps getting deleted Huh!!!
jmtmom
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 June 15, 17:13:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MTS had a thread, but they've locked it. There ARE lots at MTS with the doll, but Delphy has personally checked them all and is sure everything is clean.  Roll Eyes

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=407420&c=1&ht=&page=1&pp=25#startcomments

I guess it's really no problem if everyone gets infected with this damn doll and passes it around. All I can say is my game stopped crashing right after I removed it.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 15, 17:35:42 by jmtmom » Logged
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 June 17, 01:14:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the problem that I have found. I got the doll from at least one lot that I downloaded that I know of, and who knows how many others. I built a lot and was uploading it and learned that it contained the doll. That is how I found out about this whole thing. The scary thing is that I know that my sims3pack that the game generated contains it, BUT when I went back and checked the pack with Delphy's sims3pack cleaner, it is not showing as being there.

So, in my case, checking it with the program that was supposed to find it, did not show it as attached to lot, when it is.

sevrine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 June 17, 02:35:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the interests of sanity, those of you who are fairly sophisticated and careful users of non-pirated games (I have no idea how pirated games behave) can probably ignore all of this doll drama. 

I downloaded that doll a while ago and have had absolutely no problems with it.  In fact I kind of like having the creepy little thing around and have no intention of uninstalling it.  (I have never uploaded anything, so no need to panic -- you won't be getting it from me.)  I read all fourteen pages of the first thread referenced in this post (the one that was subsequently deleted), and also followed the most recent link above, and again read all of the pages.  None of it was particularly compelling, so I've decided not to do anything at all.

My alternative would be to check over 4,300 Sims3Pack files one at a time to find something that appears to be perfectly harmless.  The threats from the doll seem vague and poorly described -- the amount of time it would take to check all of my files is enormous and all too real.

If I discover that I have any sort of doll-related problem, I will edit this post to let people know.

For reference, I have a problem-free game with WA, HELS, and AMB (all purchased and downloaded from EA) running with the June 14th version Awesome Mod.
meresimp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 June 20, 10:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Suit yourself. Roll Eyes
I (of course Wink) have a no-pirated game and I am happy that I was warned and got rid of the doll.  Cheesy

Edit: extra smiley
« Last Edit: 2010 June 21, 08:33:45 by meresimp » Logged
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 June 20, 10:55:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Suit yourself. Roll Eyes
I (of course) have a no-pirated game and I am happy that I was warned and got rid of the doll.  Cheesy

Is it lonely up there on your pedestal?  Tongue

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: