More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 11:04:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Creepy Doll in ur files messin with ur Sims3Packs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Creepy Doll in ur files messin with ur Sims3Packs  (Read 38570 times)
meresimp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Creepy Doll in ur files messin with ur Sims3Packs
« Reply #25 on: 2010 June 20, 14:11:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No no - We are a lot of folks here  Grin

Seriously - Sorry if I sounded arrogant. Didn't mean to. Lauguage maybe or lack of smilies maybe??
But I really am glad I got rid of the doll.

And I hope the reason that the simsgurus asks people not to up- and download on the Exchange right now is because the are cleaning it ?? !!
« Last Edit: 2010 June 20, 14:17:12 by meresimp » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 June 20, 17:54:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I hope the reason that the simsgurus asks people not to up- and download on the Exchange right now is because the are cleaning it ?? !!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*breath*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
meresimp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 June 21, 08:26:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad I made you laugh  Grin
But living witout hope.... Huh  Wink
« Last Edit: 2010 June 21, 08:34:21 by meresimp » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 June 21, 10:27:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hope is one of those dumb things for tards. Going with the laws of thermodynamics is safer.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
outburst
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 June 21, 13:02:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for this thread!

I had no idea this creepy doll was hanging out in my stuff.  Sure enough, from the ONE lot I had downloaded from the Exchange, this dolly decided to worm its way into my game.  I had downloaded a feature lot sometime last week, thinking that it must be okay... because it was a featured lot!  But, no, of course not.  Doll's gone now; creepiness has been averted.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 June 22, 00:59:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
meresimp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 June 22, 16:33:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hope is one of those dumb things for tards. Going with the laws of thermodynamics is safer.

Oh you broke my dream  Cry   Wink

Now I have nightmares : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgfklKnOg4w&feature=related   Shocked

Best regards from the Tard  Roll Eyes
sabrieljo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 June 22, 16:35:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've still got the doll in my game after deleting the package in dc backup and deleting all the cache files is there another folder where it would lurk ?

Never mind I just deleted the lot and am hoping that does the trick
« Last Edit: 2010 June 22, 16:47:16 by sabrieljo » Logged
meresimp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 June 22, 16:42:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To get rid of the doll search the electronics arts folder in "my docs" for the following file ....

0x038a68fe04da61a6aa65f939d77fbc37.package

and/or go slowly and very carefully through  "installed content" in the launcher
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2010 June 22, 16:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FOR THE LOVE OF DOGS USE YOUR PUNCTUATION. PROPERLY.

ALSO, GRAMMAR.

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 June 22, 17:23:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never mind I just deleted the lot and am hoping that does the trick

Deleting the lot won't remove the doll.

I've still got the doll in my game after deleting the package in dc backup and deleting all the cache files is there another folder where it would lurk ?

The cache files don't store CC, and DCBackup is exactly what it sounds like-- a backup of all the content installed through the launcher. Remove everything from your Mods>Packages folder, and check to see if it's still in game. If it is, it's installed through the launcher and in your DCCache folder somewhere.

I sing along with elevator music.
meresimp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 June 22, 20:01:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Todays update from SimGuru Hydra.

quote:

"Hi all-

Update on the Exchange

While you may continue to download from and upload to the Exchange, be advised that there are some corrupt files that have made its way into the Exchange that may slow down your game.

If you are playing your game and it has slowed down dramatically, you may have some corrupt content. You might have a file called "0x038a68fe04da61a6aa65f939d77fbc37.package" from an object called "Girl Doll Dressed"

Thanks to glitzyangel for already writing these helpful instructions on how to delete the file before we could tackle it! If you see her around the forums or our Facebook give her a big Sim-tastic thank you!

* Back up your game

* Check to see if this doll is not in any of your lots or Sims' inventory

* If you have an object called "Girl Doll Dressed" in the Installed Content in your Launcher, please uninstall it.

* To delete the file: 0x038a68fe04da61a6aa65f939d77fbc37.package, go into your DCBackups (C:\Documents and Settings\your name\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCBackup), find the file and delete it.

* If you had that file in your C:\Documents and Settings\your name\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCBackup folder, this may have attached itself to your exports. If you had that file and recently exported content to your Launcher, delete that content from your Export folder and your Launcher.

* Also, check your creations in your Studio that you may have recently uploaded. They may also have the corrupted file. If so, please remove it.

Alternatively, you can run your game with the "Run without Custom Content" box unchecked from your Launcher (go to Installed Content) before running if you are unsure of what to delete and uninstall.

Huge thanks to Simmers who have been helping each other with this issue while we continue to work on a fix to prevent corrupt files from going into the Exchange."

Unquote.
SimilarSam
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 June 22, 22:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The comma belongs after 'dogs', not 'punctuation'.

If you're going to shout, shout correctly.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 June 22, 22:25:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As Sigmund noted, the DCbackup is just a backup. Definitely delete the damned thing from there if it's in there however the original is shoved in one of the dbc files so you will also need to delete the doll itself (not the item it came from) from the launcher too.

That can be somewhat of a pain in the ass if you have a long list of installed objects and sets to scroll through in the launcher, but it's the best way I know to get it out of the .dbc file.

I suppose you could also open all your dbc files individually with s3pe and scan through them for this doll's entry then remove it that way but I don't recommend it as s3pe is mainly a modder tool and not terribly user friendly.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010 June 22, 22:29:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe that's called a 'period', not a 'comma'.

If you're going to shout, STFU.

Todays update from SimGuru Hydra.

quote:

"* To delete the file: 0x038a68fe04da61a6aa65f939d77fbc37.package, go into your DCBackups (C:\Documents and Settings\your name\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCBackup), find the file and delete it."

Unquote.

As usual, instructions found on the BBS are primarily useless as deleting it from this folder does nothing and they don't address that it may be hiding in your Mods folder too.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010 June 22, 22:56:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Given that it's the BBS, I would assume they're not condoning the framework at all, and therefore assume you have no Mods folder. After all, their primary audience doesn't use hacks because there aren't hacks on the exchange.

INFP or something
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010 June 22, 23:11:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Given that it's the BBS, I would assume they're not condoning the framework at all, and therefore assume you have no Mods folder. After all, their primary audience doesn't use hacks because there aren't hacks on the exchange.

With Ambitions/the latest patch EA now officially supports mods.

http://www.thesims3.com/community/news.html?selMonth=4&selYear=2010

Quote from: EA
This game update includes:
<SNIP>
    *       Players who play The Sims 3 with game modifications can now create a folder in which to place their game modifications. The folder should be located here:

C:\Documents and Settings\YourComputer\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods

*       When Mods are placed in the official Mod folder, a notification will appear to remind players that Mods are installed.
    *       Placing Mod packages into the Mod folder is an officially sanctioned way to bypass assembly signing verification. The Resource.cfg file must be placed in this folder in order for the modifications to work correctly.
    *       When Mods are installed that are incompatible, the player will receive a message notifying them of the error.
<SNIP>

However, I don't think anyone expects the average Exchange user to be particularly well informed about the installation and usage of mods and/or custom content created with tools other than those provided by EA.

SimilarSam
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 June 22, 23:33:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe that's called a 'period', not a 'comma'.

If you're going to shout, STFU.

I sit partially corrected.  You're right.  That is a period in the original post.  The single space and lack of proper capitalization, coupled with my slightly fading eyesight, had me fooled.  But there should still be a comma after 'dogs'.

If I was going to shout, I'd use the caps lock key.

sabrieljo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010 June 23, 19:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So back to the doll, I've deleted the file from the dc backup folder, taken out the mods folder, deleted the lot which I thought it was from, checked the downloads folder (its not a named download and I would'nt have downloaded it by choice) and its still there, is there any other way of finding it apart from deleting and re-installing all the downloads?  I only have 3 .dbc files and I have'nt installed those
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010 June 23, 20:06:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So back to the doll, I've deleted the file from the dc backup folder, taken out the mods folder, deleted the lot which I thought it was from, checked the downloads folder (its not a named download and I would'nt have downloaded it by choice) and its still there, is there any other way of finding it apart from deleting and re-installing all the downloads?  I only have 3 .dbc files and I have'nt installed those

You don't install the dbc files, they are what the launcher does when it installs your sims3packs. It takes a bunch of them and puts them large archives which are the dbcs. Think of it as sort of a zip file with a bunch of other files in it.

If you got the doll then it is almost certainly inside one of your dbcs. As I noted above, you will have to run the launcher and scroll through the list of installed files until you get to the doll, then delete it through the launcher.

Tarise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010 June 24, 05:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the creepy doll only show up when you download lots or is it anything you download from TSR?
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010 June 24, 06:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anything in sims3pack form, doesn't have to be lots. Not sure if it has to be from TSR or not, though. I believe some lots at MTS have it attached.

I sing along with elevator music.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2010 June 24, 07:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And tons of Exchange files

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
sabrieljo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010 June 24, 09:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded 1 lot from TSR no others and I'm so fed up of the damn doll, my fault I suppose for using TSR but the doll is not mentioned at all in the downloads folder.  So the only way is to check the dbc files then, as I not that computer savvy I don't want to mess around with them I think I'm just going to have to do it my way.  So I don't have any lots from MTS and just the one from tsr which I deleted do I only need to check all of my downloads or just tsr ?

Creepy doll has left the building, stupidly did'nt check the installed content until I was told so thank you. My stupidity and I will go back to lurking for now.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 24, 19:22:11 by sabrieljo » Logged
jmtmom
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010 June 24, 12:51:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The doll won't show up in downloads, go to the installed content tab of the launcher and uninstall it. Then you have to remove the file from DCBackup. I don't have the file name handy, but there are a lot of threads out there so you should be able to find it.

As far as I know that's all you need to do. It's probably a good idea to get Custard from MTS and check Sims3Packs before you install them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: