More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 13:22:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nine of the same playable sim
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nine of the same playable sim  (Read 6885 times)
rome_raven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Nine of the same playable sim
« on: 2010 June 10, 21:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was moving a family from one apartment to another apartment building.  Sent a couple of them off lot and brought them back and was then notified that some sims were coming to welcome the family into the neighbourhood.  I ignored it and continued giving my sim a makeover.  The sim I was controlling decided to go down and play mahjong with his father when I noticed 2 of my playable sims from a different family, who happened to be the exact same sim, Meadow Buckingham.  She had just finished introducing herself to herself.  Great!  Evidence that my neighbourhood is about to go through BFBVFS.  And then I notice 1 Meadow Buckingham (different from the 2 who have just introduced themselves) playing chess, another letting herself into the apartment building, another about to sit and play mahjong and 2 more introducing themselves at the curb.  I count 7, however sim blender counted 9.  I can easily get out of the house without saving anything and cross my fingers that it was a one time glitch.  However I've gotten duplicates before but never 9 of the same sim.  I'm sure Meadow's fiance will be happy with 10 in the bed but I'm not.  

What is a safe way to get rid of the offending extras (and I am willing to kill every single one of them off to do it too) and hopefully save the rest of my neighbourhood from becoming a BFBVFS?

EDIT:  Went back into the game, trying to see if any of the Meadows had any memory of interacting with each other.  Selected one, Friends panels and memories showed nothing of her meeting another Meadow Buckingham.  I decided to check out another Meadow Buckingham and my game seriously slowed to a crawl.  Only time I remember this happening was with the invisible NPC from basegame problems.  I went back down to the first floor and found the Army of Meadow Buckingham.  Suffice it to say, I exited without saving and I'm about to go double check in SimPE if there are any duplicate sims in this neighbourhood.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 10, 23:06:52 by rome_raven » Logged

Snickers
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Nine of the same playable sim
« Reply #1 on: 2010 August 08, 04:43:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for necromancy, but I just have to reply to this because I have had a similar problem with one playable sim that used to be an apartment social townie, and it didn't seem worth it to start a new thread.

I had married her into a family (that lived in a house, not an apartment), and then she moved out on her own when she and her husband broke up. She was in the sim bin when another one of my sims moved into an apartment where townies of her social group would normally live, and multiple clones of her started showing up to move in. They never did, though, and stupidly I deleted her from the sim bin. She didn't show up again after that. Luckily there seemed to only be one of her that Inge's teleporter recognized as being in a household, but it recognized all the clones as being present on the lot.

Is this in any way related to the glitch where neighbors are cloned if they die and are resurrected, or some such nonsense that the official patch was supposed to fix? I have both that and alfixes.
rome_raven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Nine of the same playable sim
« Reply #2 on: 2010 August 19, 15:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assumed from my situation that it was a portal problem.  I still haven't figured it out but it was on a shrunken lot and it's the only one that has ever given me a problem.  My temporary solution, no one live in the apartment building.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: