More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 18:09:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Strange error message that makes zero sense
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Strange error message that makes zero sense  (Read 3525 times)
Goddess Violet
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Strange error message that makes zero sense
« on: 2010 June 11, 22:08:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay. I recently downloaded AwesomeMod and proceeded to patch my game up to 1.11.7 by downloading the patch from the MTS site. However, when I replaced my custom content in the mods folder and cleared the caches, it gave me probably the most disturbing error message I've seen:

"Your The Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion pack. Please update your game via the game launcher."

The reason this disturbs me is because I don't have any expansion packs, just the base game! Also, I know updating through the launcher would cause suckage due to patching the game to an incompatible state. Does anyone have any suggestions, besides just "read the FAQ" and/or "uninstall/reinstall"?

Edit: first post. Let the bashing begin.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Strange error message that makes zero sense
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 11, 22:24:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay. I recently downloaded AwesomeMod and proceeded to patch my game up to 1.11.7 by downloading the patch from the MTS site. However, when I replaced my custom content in the mods folder and cleared the caches, it gave me probably the most disturbing error message I've seen:

"Your The Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion pack. Please update your game via the game launcher."

The reason this disturbs me is because I don't have any expansion packs, just the base game! Also, I know updating through the launcher would cause suckage due to patching the game to an incompatible state. Does anyone have any suggestions, besides just "read the FAQ" and/or "uninstall/reinstall"?

Edit: first post. Let the bashing begin.

AFAIK, the AM version in the official AM thread isn't really compatible with the new updates yet.  It may or may not work.  You have two options:
1. Wait until it is ready
2. Find the test version

If you can't find the test version then you really shouldn't be touching it... So just wait until it is ready.
Goddess Violet
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 11, 22:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I know this... which is why I downloaded the one for the previous patch. Current patch = 1.12.70, requisite patch for AM = 1.11.7. Not the same.

Knowing ahead of time it wouldn't work with the current version, I did an uninstall and base reinstall, then went and fetched the right patch to bring it to 1.11.7. However, after doing that, it's giving me the error message. I know it won't work if I patch, but the game refuses to start if I don't patch. Attempting to run by bypassing the launcher doesn't work, I'm gonna try a reinstall and repatch and see if that changes anything. Grumble grumble... fucking TS3.
seanzol
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 June 11, 22:46:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before you reinstall, make sure no files were left behind from the previous installation.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 June 11, 23:13:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I know this... which is why I downloaded the one for the previous patch. Current patch = 1.12.70, requisite patch for AM = 1.11.7. Not the same.

Knowing ahead of time it wouldn't work with the current version, I did an uninstall and base reinstall, then went and fetched the right patch to bring it to 1.11.7. However, after doing that, it's giving me the error message. I know it won't work if I patch, but the game refuses to start if I don't patch. Attempting to run by bypassing the launcher doesn't work, I'm gonna try a reinstall and repatch and see if that changes anything. Grumble grumble... fucking TS3.
Ah, well I have no idea then.  Good luck to you.
Goddess Violet
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 June 11, 23:37:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mwaha! I'm guessing that the save data was incompatible, I deleted save data and stuff during the reinstall and it works now. Not sure if the mod itself is working, I'll run tests for that later. But at least I can get into the game! Style points to Blue!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: