More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 14:11:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Sunset Valley Revised for Ambitions (Savegame)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sunset Valley Revised for Ambitions (Savegame)  (Read 10911 times)
Mekare
Asinine Airhead

I loveded piggy.

View Profile
Sunset Valley Revised for Ambitions (Savegame)
« on: 2010 June 10, 09:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It annoyed me how when they placed the buildings for the new Ambitions career tracks they just plopped them down in all the 40x40 lots without taking half a second to plan or upgrade the map further.  Each building had a patch of grass surrounding the building, which appeared to just float on a lot.

So, i went ahead and took the 15 minutes EA should have invested to place some more proper sized lots for each the Firehouse, the Salon, the Junkyard and the Consignment store, freeing up SV's bigger lots for those of us who like to build our mansions from scratch...
There are still some terrain annoyances, but still a vast improvement from the vanilla (in my opinion).

Sorry to say this is just in the form of an empty savegame, as I'm not familiar with custom world saves like alot of you techy geniuses out there. :)
If anyone would be willing to rise to the occasion and make it an actual world file (if it's at all possible), I would love you and your mother forever.

I disabled all my mods while making this, so there shouldn't be any conflicts.

Firehouse before/after:

Salon before/after:

Consignment Shop before/after:

Junkyard before/after:

-Extract to My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves
-Make sure to use "Save as.." the first time you save so you don't have to extract it every time you want to make a new SVR town.
-Enjoy

Download
« Last Edit: 2010 June 10, 11:44:22 by Mekare » Logged

☑ Saddam Hussein
☑ Osama Bin Laden
☐ Justin Bieber
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Sunset Valley Revised for Ambitions (Savegame)
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 10, 10:48:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pictures, please.
Mekare
Asinine Airhead

I loveded piggy.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 10, 11:39:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My bad, updating original post now ^_^;

☑ Saddam Hussein
☑ Osama Bin Laden
☐ Justin Bieber
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 June 10, 13:14:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's with the junk yard?  Can't you turn it 1/4 turn and have the parking lot connect to the street?

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
Mekare
Asinine Airhead

I loveded piggy.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 June 10, 19:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried, but the game wouldnt let me... I also tried placing it in a few other places but there were only 1-2 places total I could put new lots and they were all too close to downtown for a junkyard, hence why I put the other 3 there.  I also considered buldozing one of the existing lots to place it, but I wanted to leave them in tact so as not to take up someone's favorite building spot...

If anyone wants to modify it to look a bit better, by all means do so. I only wanted to make it look a little less ridiculous for my own sake, since I love the SV sims and didn't want my slight OCD to keep me from playing with them. ^_^

☑ Saddam Hussein
☑ Osama Bin Laden
☐ Justin Bieber
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 June 10, 23:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too bad this wasn't an Awesomespec savegame. Oh well, you can't have everything.
MissQ
Blathering Buffoon

More Unco Than You!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 June 11, 02:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too bad this wasn't an Awesomespec savegame. Oh well, you can't have everything.

Why would that be an issue? You can add AM at any time, you don't have to make a new hood. Unless I'm misunderstanding you.

IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 June 11, 03:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would that be an issue? You can add AM at any time, you don't have to make a new hood. Unless I'm misunderstanding you.
Awesomespec is that every livable lot has a crib somewhere on the lot.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 June 11, 22:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another thing that might be worth doing (at least I did it in my game) was to save the laundrymat and bar from Twinbrook to a file in the library and then place them in Sunset Valley.

Though not technically necessary, they are nice to have. I started a new game recently and my sim was really broke so the laundrymat helped. :-p

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Kid Shamrock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 June 12, 03:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Riverview has some oddly placed buildings as well. The Firehouse, Consignment Shop and Junkyard all need to be rotated to face the street properly. The Junkyard sits well off the street and looks strange because there is no driveway, but the parking lot is paved. It might look better replaced by one of the other two available Junkyards, but I haven't tried that yet.

Edit: I copied the Bayless Memorial Junkyard from Twinbrook to replace the existing Junkyard in Riverview. Looks a lot better now as it actually adjoins the street.

« Last Edit: 2010 June 12, 06:46:19 by Kid Shamrock » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: