More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 04:13:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  "The process could not be started!" error
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "The process could not be started!" error  (Read 2075 times)
crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
"The process could not be started!" error
« on: 2010 June 08, 13:23:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm running the base game retail (region 1) and the reloaded version of WA (region 2). I patched, had an issue of not realizing that I could patch my base game without uninstalling WA, and so had uninstalled WA. I patched my base game, reinstalled WA, patched the original exe, switched to the crack, put in the framework including the new awesomemod, and went to start the game. I had launcher freezes, which seem to have resolved themselves. The framework seems to be working properly because I'm not getting a no disk warning with awesomemod in my packages folder. All I get is "the process could not be started" whether I try to launch from the launcher OR the cracked exe. I've used this particular WA download before with no problems, but I've gone through two re-installs of WA with the same result. Google isn't telling me a whole lot, except to check my properties and make sure that things are targeted to the right exe - but if I'm hand-selecting the file I want to run, that shouldn't be an issue, right?

Help is appreciated. I haven't tried to reinstall the base game as well, I'm trying to avoid that if possible.

Edit:

I went through a complete uninstall of the base game and WA, patched completely using the launcher to patch the base game and the downloaded patch from Mod the Sims. Still having the error. I'm guessing this is a problem with the patch?

Update:
The non-cracked WA exe will run the game, but the cracked exe will not. What damage am I doing if I run the game with out the crack?
« Last Edit: 2010 June 08, 22:09:04 by crunk » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: