More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 15:10:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Simbots are awesome
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Simbots are awesome  (Read 51861 times)
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: Simbots are awesome
« Reply #50 on: 2010 June 07, 17:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, here's some fun facts:

My opinion has reasoning behind it.

Yours is simply "They are lazy as fuck and that is that" without any actual backing to it.

Which is more reasonable? You can act like i'm "up EAxis' ass" all you want, but the fact is that my opinion, that they're intended very blatantly to be inefficient creatures, has reasoning behind it, and yours is just pulled from your whiny ass.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2010 June 07, 18:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yours is simply "They are lazy as fuck and that is that" without any actual backing to it.

Which is more reasonable? You can act like i'm "up EAxis' ass" all you want, but the fact is that my opinion, that they're intended very blatantly to be inefficient creatures, has reasoning behind it, and yours is just pulled from your whiny ass.

Well, if they weren't being lazy they would have had the sim bots get rid of waste in a way that makes sense, like throwing it away.  I mean, they don't drink.  They consume metal to fix themselves up or whatever and get energy through the electric blanket in the sheets. Shitting out the metal that it doesn't use would clog up the the toilette up pretty darn quickly.  It makes no sense whatsoever.

Not that it really matters.  On a fun side note that I found while looking for a pink diamond, if you drill a hole at night it pisses off your neighbors and they all come over to yell at you.  Great way to socialize.
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2010 June 07, 18:21:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've already listed reasons. Read it again. It is lazy because they're identical to ordinary sims with a few minor, most superficial amendments. That is why they are lazy. Fucktard. Other people have said it too; read.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2010 June 07, 18:22:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, now the solid waste thing is sensible to say.

But "they are lazy because they arent how I want them to be" argument does not make sense. The fact that they are barely different than sims does not automatically indicate laziness.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2010 June 07, 18:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does it mean for you then?

It does to me, especially considering how they forgot to make the hairs unavailable for random selection.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2010 June 07, 18:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

like I said, it means to me that they have a specific view of what they are supposed to be: Very basic, inefficient, prototype servos. And because they're inefficient they have all these motives that need tending to, they produce excess waste, they have to eat physical matter to survive, etc.

Are either of us right for sure? No, we don't know. I'm just saying that just because they aren't how you want them to be doesn't mean they were lazy about them.

(also, I checked in TSRW, and the simbot heads/hairs are not allowed for random. Their loading randomly seems to be another issue.)

Robowolf
Asinine Airhead

Oh, to toss grenades around in space!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2010 June 07, 18:37:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lazy or obsessed with Twilight. The supernatural/scifi creatures in TS3 acting just like regular Sims with a superficial make-over reminds me of those failpires whose only difference is...sparkling in the sunlight.

Wait, no - failpires don't need to eat, sleep or shit gears down the toilet. TS3 simbots are more fail.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 07, 18:44:41 by Robowolf » Logged
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2010 June 07, 18:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If anyone knows how to edit traits or knows of a non-core way to do it, please, say so. I would like to change them up a bit, too, and as far as I can tell, that would be done with the "IsFrankensim" trait.

I do not like that they need to sleep, personally
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2010 June 07, 18:46:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lazy or obsessed with Twilight. The supernatural/scifi creatures in TS3 acting just like regular Sims with a superficial make-over reminds me of those failpires whose only difference is...sparkling in the sunlight.

Speaking of which, the Sims 2 Vampires were well done.  IIRC the only thing I would have changed is I would have forced them to suck another sim's blood to sustain themselves and they wouldn't have been able to eat real food.

If anyone knows how to edit traits or knows of a non-core way to do it, please, say so. I would like to change them up a bit, too, and as far as I can tell, that would be done with the "IsFrankensim" trait.

I do not like that they need to sleep, personally

Yeah, that would be a pretty good change.  Either that or they'd have to be outside during the daytime to recharge (although they wouldn't have to stop what they are doing, their solar panels would work passively).
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2010 June 07, 18:50:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figure if they're eating, that's their energy source. So it's either no food/bathroom or no sleeping.
Robowolf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2010 June 07, 18:58:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they occasionally shit gears out in a corner or puked a toxic spill on the floor, I'd be okay with that. Not regularly like a bathroom need, but occasionally like cat hairballs.
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2010 June 07, 19:03:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they occasionally shit gears out in a corner or puked a toxic spill on the floor, I'd be okay with that. Not regularly like a bathroom need, but occasionally like cat hairballs.

This.

Puke in the corner and clean it afterwards instead of FUBAR in my terlet, filthy robot.
AngerousAlex
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2010 June 07, 19:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gathering from everyone's ideas (which are all pretty damn good), here's what I'd like to see personally:

-Simbots either recharging at a charge station instead of beds or absorbing energy from sunlight. Possibly both.

-Getting rid of waste is reasonable, but doing it in a terlet is retarded. They should just randomly leave a scrap pile on the floor when their bladder hits 0.

-Aging off, OR have a mechanic do a "tune up" that resets their age.
seanzol
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2010 June 08, 00:03:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-Simbots either recharging at a charge station instead of beds or absorbing energy from sunlight. Possibly both.

-Getting rid of waste is reasonable, but doing it in a terlet is retarded. They should just randomly leave a scrap pile on the floor when their bladder hits 0.

Both of these could, in theory, be achieved through a custom object though. That may be the only option, it's not like EA will improve it.
staroverthebay
Nitwitted Nuisance

¯\(º_o)/¯ lol wut?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 2010 June 12, 22:12:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with the previous statements about the Servo from TS1. That thing was awesome.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 12, 22:19:33 by staroverthebay » Logged

¯\(º_o)/¯ I dunno lol
YOUNG AND STUPID.
Introverted, Sensing, Thinking and Perceiving. Conclusion: I IS TOILET PAPER!
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2010 June 12, 22:23:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to add here that allowing waste failure has no consequences(other than a puddle) so you can ignore it if you want.

Edited to add: The tag/running big works on Simbots as well.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 13, 01:44:23 by cassblonde » Logged

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2010 June 13, 15:17:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to add here that allowing waste failure has no consequences(other than a puddle) so you can ignore it if you want.

Edited to add: The tag/running big works on Simbots as well.

A puddle? Well that completely discards the idea that it's getting rid of unnecessary scrap. It's peeing. Ridiculous.

GameBeBorked
Banned!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2010 June 14, 03:55:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why the fuck hasn't Claeric been canned?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2010 June 14, 05:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, post number 14 is generally the magic post where one should come striding into the Forum and DEMAND a canning for another member.  LURK MOAR.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2010 June 14, 05:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This assumes that said chemical reaction produces no by-product. It would appear that the Simbot consumes metal to either convert to energy somehow or make internal repairs; similar to human growth or energy conversion. It is highly unlikely that this chemical reaction would have zero by-product.
It's also highly unlikely the chemical byproducts of such a reaction are things that are legal to be flushing down a terlet, since the products would almost certainly include toxic heavy metals and nasty chemicals that you should not be flushing into the water supply.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GameBeBorked
Banned!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2010 June 14, 09:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, post number 14 is generally the magic post where one should come striding into the Forum and DEMAND a canning for another member.  LURK MOAR.

Ever heard of a sock?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2010 June 14, 10:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2010 June 14, 14:11:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One step in the right direction: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=407036
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2010 June 14, 14:47:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bit of a shame you need WA though.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
Robowolf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2010 June 15, 05:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got around to having a sim actually make a simbot and wow, I didn't know I could be underwhelmed AFTER hearing all I heard. They really are just regular sims with an added "smash" option to objects (except salvaged ones, for some stupid reason) who can't bathe. They get labelled as your child and you can't even order them around. Sleeping in a sim bed and pissing in a sim toilet just adds to their mundaneness (mundanity?). I don't care how "realistic" a shitty robot is, because goddamn, it's a computer game. I want realism when sims die of disease or get canned for sleeping on the job, not for when you make robots. The same goes for ghosts - too much humanization of the supernatural or scifi in TS3.

Ghosts should always take the shortest route possible by floating through doors and walls; they shouldn't need to eat, sleep, piss or shower; if they MUST recharge, then they should disappear into their (placeable) grave or urn. I could go either way on ageing, what with the whole GHOST BABBY thing - although I definitely would have loved to scrap GHOST BABBIES. TS3 ghosts overall remind me of those Twilight failpires.

Robots should recharge in a station (or the sun, that was a nice added touch - eco sims could get an added boost for that); waste disposal should at least be toxic green puke; their creators/owners should be able to order them around, maybe with additional ROBOT REVOLUTION possibilities (ie, lower your relationship with your simbot enough and they set your house on fire before running away). Eating scrap was a nice touch, but seriously, why can't you smash salvaged items? I'd understand not getting the same amount of scrap as you would from smashing a brand new item, but if you can explode salvaged items into scrap, you can smash them. I wonder if that's a code bug.

I have no tl;dr thoughts on mummies because I've never bothered with them, but I liked that fire killed them instantly. For the record, washing their hands does not kill a simbot - I've tried.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: