More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 14:43:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Simbots are awesome
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Simbots are awesome  (Read 51922 times)
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Simbots are awesome
« on: 2010 June 05, 22:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is all.
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

It seems that they all died...

View Profile
Re: Simbots are awesome
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 05, 22:03:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's hilarious! Did you do it?

Also, Babbysmasher FTW.

"Birds, flowers, sun...Hawaii does not exist. It's a myth...like tough liberals, or the Canadian army."
You should click on this.
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 05, 22:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some simple editing in paint? Though, this would be an excellent new feature for AM.

Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 June 05, 22:35:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure there is no chance in hell that this won't be added to AM. lol
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 June 05, 22:42:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It'll be like this all over again!
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 June 05, 22:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That makes me hungry...

And it's too bad if you photoshopped it Rad. That would have made my day.

"Birds, flowers, sun...Hawaii does not exist. It's a myth...like tough liberals, or the Canadian army."
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 June 05, 22:54:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy shit.  I've read about the babby grill but that is the first time I've seen a picture of it in use.  That is just so wrong. 

I love it.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 June 05, 23:27:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should have seen the EXPLOSION OF BUTTHURT that erupted at MTS when it was a featured item.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Sanati
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 June 06, 01:44:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The smash is for the crib in that pic. Tongue Holding a baby and clicking on a crib.
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 June 06, 01:46:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The smash is for the crib in that pic. Tongue Holding a baby and clicking on a crib.

I knew it was too good to be true! IAmTheRad, you disappoint me...

IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 June 06, 04:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did not make the picture. I found it online.
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 June 06, 08:11:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can confirm that this Smash option is real for Simbots. You can buy a Simbot with Lifetime Reward points (around 60,000 to 70,000 I think) or when you become a level 10 inventor, you get a 'quest' arc that you can follow, and if you complete it you can then craft them.

It's a bit of a shoehorned-in feature, because once you make a Simbot they become your Son or Daughter. I was hoping they might have been more like the robot servants like in Sims 2, but they are just like fully functioning Sims, albeit with a few tweaks (appearance, obviously. Also the 'Smash' option. Also the need bars have different, more robot-y names, and no bladder bar).

I made one just to see how it looked, then moved her out about a day later. Now the crazy metallic bitch keeps turning up and standing in my garden for hours at a time, and the relationship bar is really hard to get up (plus it seems to reset as soon as they leave).
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 June 06, 12:09:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do the makers of the game keep making all the supernatural-type beings all cutesy and playable? Robot slaves would have been great Sad

Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 June 06, 14:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wished they'd used Servo from TS1. All they did was clean up and go to sleep. The TS2 version was an emo git with 'needs' and 'desires' and shit like that.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 June 06, 14:28:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know.  I wish they were robots and not not robot shaped people.

"Oh look at me!  I need to be entertained.  I need to talk to people and feel loved.  I need to use a toilette!  I need to sleep in a nice soft human bed and not recharge on a charging station!  I get older just like real person!"

Fuck you.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2010 June 06, 14:31:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My only issue with them is their eyes. The face isn't that cute...the girl is a bit cuter, at least, but the eyes are horrifying. So I give them sunglasses which just ends up making them look like total nerds trying to be hardcore.
AngerousAlex
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 June 06, 15:13:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't been able to get a simbot yet. So wait, they AGE? What kind of bullshit is that?! 8| I guess "deterioration" is plausible, but come on...To control population, the game could just cap a limit the amount of Simbots in the hood. They should also definitely be recolorable.

I think some mods are in order. Anyone?
Sanati
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 June 06, 15:28:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They rust as they get older, so it sort of makes sense. When you first make them they are clean, the pic in this thread is an older one with rust spots all over it. I don't know how bad it gets because I play with aging off, I assume before they "die" they are completely covered in rust.

The fact that they have to go to the bathroom and sleep in beds really pissed me off, so I got rid of them. It's like EA didn't feel like adding any new programming to make them actually function differently. It's just a sim wearing a robot suit.

I'm pretty sure "smash" is just their version of "detonate." All simbots start with like 4 or 5 points in inventing, they smash things for scrap. They eat scrap, so that's why they need it right away.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 June 06, 15:59:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't been able to get a simbot yet. So wait, they AGE? What kind of bullshit is that?! 8| I guess "deterioration" is plausible, but come on...To control population, the game could just cap a limit the amount of Simbots in the hood. They should also definitely be recolorable.

First we need some ideas.

I think there should be a charging station where they stand instead of being allowed to sleep in beds.  It could also handle them peeing since it is just retarded that they go to use toilette. Heck, it could charge up all their motives and keep them in suspended animation until there is a chore to be done, such as cleaning the house or weeding plants or fighting burglars or doing the laundry or other things that are below a non-slaves paygrade.  And when they are done with that?  Right back to their cell charging station.
AngerousAlex
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 June 06, 16:09:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First we need some ideas.

I think there should be a charging station where they stand instead of being allowed to sleep in beds.  It could also handle them peeing since it is just retarded that they go to use toilette. Heck, it could charge up all their motives and keep them in suspended animation until there is a chore to be done, such as cleaning the house or weeding plants or fighting burglars or doing the laundry or other things that are below a non-slaves paygrade.  And when they are done with that?  Right back to their cell charging station.

Good idea! There's no way to remove some of their motive bars entirely though, is there? :/ Or to keep them from aging?
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2010 June 06, 17:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you insist on a charging station, just get a sarcophagus and color it with the reflective metal texture.

As for motives, There is a hidden "IsFrankensim" trait. I assume someone could edit that trait to make it so that all motives are locked.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 June 06, 17:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you insist on a charging station, just get a sarcophagus and color it with the reflective metal texture.

As for motives, There is a hidden "IsFrankensim" trait. I assume someone could edit that trait to make it so that all motives are locked.
I guess I'll have to learn how to edit traits then.  Thanks for the info.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2010 June 06, 17:51:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was trying to figure it out but am totally lost. But I imagine that is indeed how you'd go about doing it.
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 June 06, 18:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if this has anything to do with Simbots. Either that, or TERMINATORS!!

I also saw that the papergirl had something metallic looking on her face, but no where near as obvious as this guy.
Sanati
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 June 06, 19:21:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure that headgear is from the time machine. There's a chance your sim will come back with special new clothes or accessories.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: