More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:20:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Getting CC to work post Ambitions and 1.12 patch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Getting CC to work post Ambitions and 1.12 patch  (Read 35996 times)
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
Getting CC to work post Ambitions and 1.12 patch
« on: 2010 June 05, 12:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anticipating a host of the clueless, here's a step-by-step for getting all of your CC to show up in Ambitions

A. For .package files:

Before you start: Ensure that you have a copy of d3dx9_31.dll in the Game/Bin file of your base game as well as all your EPs and SPs. This is a'la MTS, I haven't tried messing with this.

1.) Create a folder named "Mods" in My Documents [Typically "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3"]
2.) Create a new Resource.cfg by opening Notepad and pasting the following:
Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*/*.package
3.) Save it like in the picture, in your new Mods folder in My Documents. Make sure that you select the "All Types" option when you save, or you'll end up with a .txt file instead of a .cfg file.

4.) Create a folder INSIDE "Mods" called "Packages". You may create sub-folders in "Packages" if you're anal and like to alphabetize your CC or whatever.
5.) Paste your packages into the newly created "Packages" and whatever sub-folders under "Packages". If you had CC before, just paste the packages from the original Mods folder (the one in your game install directory, remember?)

I completely removed my previous Mods folders from the install directories, but I can't vouch for whether that's necessary or not.

B. For all problematic .sims3pack files (Those that were NOT downloaded from The Store legitimately AND CC sims3packs that won't install properly otherwise)

1.) First try to install it normally through the launcher, as some of the newer CC .sims3pack files does NOT need to undergo this process, and will in fact be borked.
2.) Taken from the directions in this post, bolded text added by me:

1) Download the Windows TS3 recompressor (link) and extract the contents to a folder.
2) Paste this code in a textfile.
Code:

for /R %%i in (*.sim) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.package) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.nhd) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.dbc) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
@pause

3) Save the text file in the same folder as the recompressor files, call it s3rcBatch.cmd
4) Copy the three files; decrapify.exe, s3rc.exe, s3rcBatch.cmd to "My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3".
5) COPY all the sims3pack files you want to install in the Downloads folder - make sure you have backups of the originals!
6) Double-click the s3rcBatch.cmd file and wait.
7) Run the latest launcher you have, currently HELS for me. Let it install sims3packs as normal.

Cool New content can be added later, by repeating steps 5) - 7).
Notes
i) You can either leave the sims3pack files in Downloads if you wish, or delete them, or back them up for later use if you should need to reinstall them.
ii) You can delete the files in the "My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCBackup" folder if you wish to save space.

3.) If using the s3rc is too high-tech for you, you can always use the jfadetool; just replace the s3rc.exe file with the latest one from here. THIS IS IMPORTANT. Don't NOT do it and then complain like a whiny baby.

Got something to add? Then add away.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 13, 06:05:42 by Grimma » Logged

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Rothchild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Getting CC to work post Ambitions and 1.12 patch
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 05, 13:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*/*.package
Why force a packages subfolder?  I don't have much in the way of mods or CC so I just put packages in the Mods folder with the resource.cfg.

Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package

Also, script mods work fine without the modified d3dx9_31.dll if they're in My Documents.
honey_bunny
Asinine Airhead

Keeper of Sim Animals

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 05, 17:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want to know if we NEED to put our CC that was in the program files directory into the package folder the update/Ambitions EP created in order for it to work.
Incognito
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 June 05, 17:26:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want to know if we NEED to put our CC that was in the program files directory into the package folder the update/Ambitions EP created in order for it to work.

I've heard that some people have left their mods alone in the old setup and it's working just fine.

I was wonder about .dbc files with Ambitions though. I've modified my resource.cfg file accordingly to allow for .dbc files but only some of them are showing up in the game. For example, I may have a bed or a chair from one particular set but the rest of that set will be missing. Any ideas?
Nienor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 June 05, 17:55:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I can tell, all of my .dbc files are there. Are you using subfolders, and if so, does your resource.cfg include all of those? Some of the suggested setups for .dbc files I've seen didn't include subfolders in the resource.cfg.
Incognito
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 June 05, 17:58:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apart from my actual DBC folder itself,  no sub-folders here sir. I don't have a lot of CC in my game so I don't feel the need for them. I'm still puzzled by it because no one else seems to have had this problem, I'm assuming it's Ambitions related because it worked perfectly before I installed.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 June 05, 19:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before you start: Ensure that you have a copy of d3dx9_31.dll in the Game/Bin file of your base game as well as all your EPs and SPs. This is a'la MTS, I haven't tried messing with this.

I actually started the game up without that file anywhere after a functional test version of Awesomemod came out and discovered that you don't need the d3dx9_31.dll file anymore for core mods. AM is fully functioning without it.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 June 05, 19:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ Confirming that one. I also managed to start the game with my packages in newly created Mods folder in My Documents  w/o the .dll file in the base game directories. Not vouching for AM though, still didn`t d/l it.
TheSimsandwich
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 June 05, 22:03:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Putting your mods in /documents/...etc is news to me. I just moved my mods  folder to the Ambitions directory and haven't had any problems with anything.
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 June 05, 22:39:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am leaving mine alone too as it is working the way it is still with Ambitions. Also, I am hearing of too many problems with this new method. Until what I have no longer works, I am keeping things as they are.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 June 05, 22:43:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playing with the original setup and it worked fine, but I decided to take the new "My Documents" mod folder for a spin.  Everything seems to be working fine, and all my package content is now marked with a special icon so it's easier to differentiate from the basegame items.  All I need now is a "delete" option for CC directly in the catalog, and I'll be a happy camper.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 June 05, 22:47:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your CC and stuffs aren't borked after the patch/Ambitions, leaving it as is for now may work out fine for you. There are, however, many whose CC IS borked. This is the reason for the thread and the explanation of the new way in which EA makes our lives more interesting, one patch at a time.

As for the "too many problems with this new method", the problem there would usually be between keyboard and chair. I did this, it works perfectly for me and many, many others. Still, no one's saying you HAVE to do anything right now, unless you're going to whine about CC not working.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Tynk
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 June 06, 16:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grimma, I would just like to say thank you for posting this up. My CC was working fine the original way, but gave this a try and my game is actually running smoother [why - I have no idea]. 
sabrieljo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 June 06, 17:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just had to re-install, and now I'm fully patched and awaiting ambitions.  So to double check  I don't need to put the d3xd9_31dll file in my base and expansion game bins and I create a new mods folder in 'my documents' with a resource cfg. file and the package files should work ? Trying my best not to be sceptical.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 June 06, 17:13:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly right.
Feel free to plop a d3xd9_31.dll in your game bins if you want. IIRC, the Ambitions directory already had one when I was double checking my framework but don't quote me on that.
Make sure you are using a correct Resource.cfg.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2010 June 07, 00:13:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A question for you all.  Is anyone having issues with global/core mods and never-ending game loading?  I'm only running mods that are supposed to be updated or working with Ambitions and the latest patch, and it seems that all I can get to work (as in, finish loading the game) are Twallan's Supercomputer, Career, DebugEnabler, and StoryProgressionExpanded, and then nointro from MTS and Rothchild's updated NoMosiac.  Of course, hairs, clothes, skins, and objects work fine, too.  If I try to add some of my other updated mods (like Anach's mods from the Pudding Factory or HP's No Zzzs and No Musical Notes from MTS), the loading bar goes all of the way and then hangs.

This is the first time I've ever encountered a problem like this with TS3 (yes, it's very reminiscent of the old days of Sim gaming).  I'd updated to run from MyDocs, and I'm wondering if I'd have less problems if I went back to the old way via Program Files.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 June 07, 03:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have Ambitions at this moment, but I am patched and have my mods moved to Documents, with no framework installed. I have the same Twallan mods and the NoZZZs, NoIntro, and the updated NoMosiac. I don't have the NoMusicalNotes installed, but my game loads fine.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2010 June 07, 12:27:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, damn.  I don't understand why I'm the only one having these problems.

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

Terr
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 June 07, 18:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, damn.  I don't understand why I'm the only one having these problems.

I've got the same problem. It runs fine without mods, so I'm going to start taking out mods one by one, starting with the global ones.

*edit*
It started working when I took out NRaas' Supercomputer. Going to put other mods back in and see if it keeps working

*edit 2*
The game loads fine with all other mods
« Last Edit: 2010 June 07, 18:47:55 by Terr » Logged
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2010 June 07, 19:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So it's Supercomputer that's causing trouble?  The latest version (that's what I'm running)?  Twallan said they all work fine in his game.  This is puzzling.

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 June 07, 20:59:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A question for you all.  Is anyone having issues with global/core mods and never-ending game loading?  I'm only running mods that are supposed to be updated or working with Ambitions and the latest patch, and it seems that all I can get to work (as in, finish loading the game) are Twallan's Supercomputer, Career, DebugEnabler, and StoryProgressionExpanded, and then nointro from MTS and Rothchild's updated NoMosiac.  Of course, hairs, clothes, skins, and objects work fine, too.  If I try to add some of my other updated mods (like Anach's mods from the Pudding Factory or HP's No Zzzs and No Musical Notes from MTS), the loading bar goes all of the way and then hangs.

This is the first time I've ever encountered a problem like this with TS3 (yes, it's very reminiscent of the old days of Sim gaming).  I'd updated to run from MyDocs, and I'm wondering if I'd have less problems if I went back to the old way via Program Files.

I had this same thing a couple of days ago with only AM installed.  I added the .dll files to each game directory and it loaded fine. Obviously, I had framework fail.  For some reason, my game is very finicky. 

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2010 June 07, 22:31:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I'll try doing that.  I'd removed them after reading posts that we don't need them anymore (and I thought they were the reason the game was hanging anyway).

Edit:  So far, so good.  All of Twallan's mods are working together again.  Now I'm putting Anach's back in there.  Here's hoping it goes well.

New edit:  Well, no luck.  Adding Anach's stuff (or any other updated mod) caused it to hang again.  I'm still wondering if I should just give up and use the old way of putting mods in the game because this is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 08, 01:25:11 by Zaphod Beeblebrox » Logged

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

Bottle-O-Cunt
Blathering Buffoon

More Tryhard Than You.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 June 08, 13:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tard alert!:
Does this limit the number of subfolders in the "Packages" folder? If so, how must I modify the resource.cfg to satiate my OCD?

Shouty Vole/Teh Goddess - My OTP <333
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 June 08, 13:57:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It shouldn't limit it.  The resource.cfg file is set up to read all sub-folders, up to about 5 levels.  That is, it'll read all the folders in your "Packages" folder, all the folders inside those folders, all the folders inside THOSE folders, etc.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Bottle-O-Cunt
Blathering Buffoon

More Tryhard Than You.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 June 08, 14:03:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It shouldn't limit it.  The resource.cfg file is set up to read all sub-folders, up to about 5 levels.  That is, it'll read all the folders in your "Packages" folder, all the folders inside those folders, all the folders inside THOSE folders, etc.

Lovely. Excuse me while I further arrange my sub-sub folders.

Shouty Vole/Teh Goddess - My OTP <333
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: