More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 22:46:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Simbots are awesome
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Simbots are awesome  (Read 51915 times)
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: Simbots are awesome
« Reply #75 on: 2010 June 15, 06:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a household of 2 simbots, one invented by the other.  I really don't like the "eek, a Simbot" reaction that stomps their queues whenever one of them walks past the other one.

I've had them roll up wants to eat at the bistro.  Sorry, but I don't think the bistro serves scrap.

They also roll up wants to become more muscular, which I don't think is possible.  If EA weren't going to block this want for simbots then they should have added a "change simbot body shape" interaction on the inventing station.

The reprogram option when they have shorted out is a nice way to change their traits without spending aspiration points, but it's a shame that it doesn't change their LTW.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2010 June 15, 11:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One step in the right direction: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=407036
Good find.  Since this is technically a sarcophagus what we need now is a mod that makes a sarcophagus able to be an assignable bed.  What I mean by that is if you direct a sim to sleep in a regular bed he will always sleep in that bed and no one else will.  If you click on a different sim to sleep in that bed it will say something like "Sleep in Rob's bed" and if you choose that option you reassign the bed to Rob. But with a sarcophagus you can only choose sleep and it never assigns the sarcophagus to the sim you order to sleep there.  Either that or if there is an empty sarcophagus on a lot any mummies/sim bots should automatically choose it before selecting any other bed.
I have a household of 2 simbots, one invented by the other.  I really don't like the "eek, a Simbot" reaction that stomps their queues whenever one of them walks past the other one.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=406959
« Last Edit: 2010 June 15, 11:18:47 by Simius » Logged
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2010 June 15, 11:54:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=406959

Pescado hates queue stomping, so he'll probably be getting rid of this behaviour in AM.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2010 June 15, 12:05:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado hates queue stomping, so he'll probably be getting rid of this behaviour in AM.
Probably.  I don't actually mind the reaction, I just wish they'd continue on with whatever they were doing before after the reaction. 
AngerousAlex
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2010 June 15, 23:20:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had them roll up wants to eat at the bistro.  Sorry, but I don't think the bistro serves scrap.

They also roll up wants to become more muscular, which I don't think is possible.  If EA weren't going to block this want for simbots then they should have added a "change simbot body shape" interaction on the inventing station.

The reprogram option when they have shorted out is a nice way to change their traits without spending aspiration points, but it's a shame that it doesn't change their LTW.

...Boy, EA just really halfassed the whole simbot thing didn't they?
jmtmom
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2010 June 19, 14:00:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FYI: Process Monitor logged over 9 million events for Wintermuteai's original sim bot station. It caused serious lag in my game. The fixed version seems OK. He was snarky about the issue in his MTS thread, telling those who had it it must be their fault.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: